British Speedway Forum
Endeavour

Edinburgh v Newcastle

7 hours ago, StevePark said:

Danny Phillips excluded for being nowhere near Connor Coles bend 3/4 heat 4 (3-3 became 4-2).

Max Clegg, identical start to Ricky Wells (heat 1 which wasn't pulled back) in heat 12 when Willie Lawson fell bend 1/2 totally untouched, but Max "moved" (according to Darren H), so re-run (3-3 became 5-1).

Just my opinion, of course, but even some Edinburgh fans near us (on the grassy knoll as I like to call it on bend 3) questioned the heat 4 decision.

I was in Hospitality looking right down on them entering the 3rd bend. Phillips wiped him out, nothing intentional just went into corner with to much speed.

I was also on centre green for heat 12 and was videoing the heat in question. Video clearly shows Clegg moving before tapes went up. If I knew how to post a video on here I would. 

A thoroughly enjoyable meeting though, and I can not recommend the hospitality at Armadale enough. Some fantastic racing and hopefully William Lawson can take some confidence from last nights performance.

Is going to be a very tight 2nd leg I think, with it possibly going to a last heat decider to see who makes the final. Wish I was going but unfortunately I didn’t win the Monarchs Trust big summer raffle last night (A huge well done to all for the amount raised for the club) so my wallet says I can’t.

1 hour ago, leander said:

Utter garbage. Danny was past him going into bend 3. clear daylight between Danny and Connor. It was identical to the move Pickering did on Matty in heat 3. Only difference was Matty wasn't out of shape on every corner, Unlike Coles. 

As for being a well prepared track, it's rubbish compared to what it used to be like when "Doc" Bridgett did it. Needs a big blade to take out all the 'hills' that are putting so many riders out of shape on the corners.

Where were you viewing the race? You either did not have a clear view of Phillip's making contact with Coles front wheel or you suffer from Geordie hallucinations.

The only garbage on here is the tripe your spouting , re the incident and your "expert" analysis of the track.

You're not George English's love child btw?:P, as he was predictably also girning about the ref, as he has done on several visits to the Dale, when his team fail to deliver.

1 hour ago, Mr Blobby said:

Big difference one made a clean pass the other collected his front wheel. Hence why Coles couldn’t turn and had no choice to go into the fence. 

Hills? Track was fine last night maybe a tad slicker than normal imo. 

50 minutes ago, cyclone said:

Where were you viewing the race? You either did not have a clear view of Phillip's making contact with Coles front wheel or you suffer from Geordie hallucinations.

The only garbage on here is the tripe your spouting , re the incident and your "expert" analysis of the track.

You're not George English's love child btw?:P, as he was predictably also girning about the ref, as he has done on several visits to the Dale, when his team fail to deliver.

av heard that the Edinburgh track has more 'bumps' than Craig Cook, (Mr. Maximum).

51 minutes ago, cyclone said:

Home straight amongst a bunch of Edinburgh supporters more than one of which put Fx against Coles in there program before the ref made his decision. 

2 minutes ago, leander said:

Home straight amongst a bunch of Edinburgh supporters more than one of which put Fx against Coles in there program before the ref made his decision. 

Was that supporter not wearing their 'blue & yellow' goggles ?

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Tonystark said:

See Phillips was his usual fu@@ing rubbish@ Tonight he has to go but English is to soft to stand up to his dad 

No good having a pop at George as he's done a good job over the years being team manager promoter aswell as other duties for the bspa ( it's not easy doing his job ) but I still think things need sorted regarding the team.. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cyclone said:

I was right in view of the Coles & Phillips coming together & the ref got it wrong !! Danny was chasing the line & was Infront at the point when Connor went down there was no contact as I and a few others could clearly see but I suppose from where the ref is it's a hard call so with them being very close together going into the bend it did probably from his view of it think it was the correct decision,,

2 hours ago, pienpeesman said:

I was right in view of the Coles & Phillips coming together & the ref got it wrong !! Danny was chasing the line & was Infront at the point when Connor went down there was no contact as I and a few others could clearly see but I suppose from where the ref is it's a hard call so with them being very close together going into the bend it did probably from his view of it think it was the correct decision,,

I was sitting in the cow shed. It was one of those decisions that could have gone either way though I did think there was contact.

Hoping VIctor has a point to prove tomorrow and that the Swedes can gate. Haven’t seemed capable of coming from the back.

5 hours ago, ruffdiamond said:

av heard that the Edinburgh track has more 'bumps' than Craig Cook, (Mr. Maximum).

Since doc retired it's shocking

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Endeavour said:

I was sitting in the cow shed. It was one of those decisions that could have gone either way though I did think there was contact.

Hoping VIctor has a point to prove tomorrow and that the Swedes can gate. Haven’t seemed capable of coming from the back.

Did you get any free milk out the shed 

14 hours ago, KingOfTheNorth said:

I was in Hospitality looking right down on them entering the 3rd bend. Phillips wiped him out, nothing intentional just went into corner with to much speed.

I was also on centre green for heat 12 and was videoing the heat in question. Video clearly shows Clegg moving before tapes went up. If I knew how to post a video on here I would. 

A thoroughly enjoyable meeting though, and I can not recommend the hospitality at Armadale enough. Some fantastic racing and hopefully William Lawson can take some confidence from last nights performance.

Is going to be a very tight 2nd leg I think, with it possibly going to a last heat decider to see who makes the final. Wish I was going but unfortunately I didn’t win the Monarchs Trust big summer raffle last night (A huge well done to all for the amount raised for the club) so my wallet says I can’t.

I didn't say Max didn't move. What I said was it was no different to Ricky Wells in heat 1, which wasn't pulled back.

1 hour ago, StevePark said:

I didn't say Max didn't move. What I said was it was no different to Ricky Wells in heat 1, which wasn't pulled back.

Apologies, the sentence “But Max “moved” (according to Darren H)”  led me to believe you thought otherwise. 

Anyhoo, Fridays meeting is done and I hope both teams put on just as good a meeting this evening than they did on Friday. 

23 hours ago, pienpeesman said:

Did you get any free milk out the shed 

No answer to that. Mooooving on.