British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Ipswich v Poole Prem. 11/6/19

19 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

They may be hoping Richie is back for the playoffs or waiting for Bellego to drop his average enough. 

Yes, we are having to guess in 'maybe's' cos Scottyfan is right, they don't seem willing to pass out info. 

51 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

They do like their secrets! I guess maybe we are going to have r/r for Richie til the end of season. Covatti and Brady back next week hopefully? So prob use a guest til NBJ comes back. 

Can't quite understand it.

Matt Ford clearly said in his Evening Echo interview in January just after he secured what he called was a HIGH FIVE FIGURE sponsorship deal, that this now gave him the opportunity to sign good quality replacement riders in the event of injuries or out of form riders mid season.

I got the impression he meant decent overseas riders bearing in mind all that the UK would have to offer mid season is dropped riders or those of inferior quality not already signed up elsewhere long before mid season arrived. Some overseas riders become more willing once we hit mid/late July time. Especially those who may be missing out at the very top level in POL EXL.

Looks like more empty words to me and a sign he is trying to slip through at least to the play offs on the same tight budget as before he secured the major sponsor, with some of the questionable quality in the team at both HL level and definitely further down with riders such as Worrall and NBJ despite their injuries/illness.

For sure a severely depleted team through injuries/illness is not helping but personally with KL riding high again with Cook signed and now Riss back and Ipswich at home having already beaten Poole I question if even a full strength Poole would have won at either venue anyway. I would have been happy with 2 defeats by six or less personally.

Edited by STEVEHOLS54
Should be five figure not seven figure

16 minutes ago, STEVEHOLS54 said:

Matt Ford clearly said in his Evening Echo interview in January just after he secured what he called was a HIGH FIVE FIGURE sponsorship deal, that this now gave him the opportunity to sign good quality replacement riders in the event of injuries or out of form riders mid season.

I got the impression he meant decent overseas riders bearing in mind all that the UK would have to offer mid season is dropped riders or those of inferior quality not already signed up elsewhere long before mid season arrived. Some overseas riders become more willing once we hit mid/late July time. Especially those who may be missing out at the very top level in POL EXL.

Looks like more empty words to me and a sign he is trying to slip through at least to the play offs on the same tight budget as before he secured the major sponsor, with some of the questionable quality in the team at both HL level and definitely further down with riders such as Worrall and NBJ despite their injuries/illness.

For sure a severely depleted team through injuries/illness is not helping but personally with KL riding high again with Cook signed and now Riss back and Ipswich at home having already beaten Poole I question if even a full strength Poole would have won at either venue anyway. I would have been happy with 2 defeats by six or less personally.

I remember something along those lines too.

He seems to like keeping the money in his pocket.

17 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

I remember something along those lines too.

He seems to like keeping the money in his pocket.

But it is difficult to find a rider under  a 5.26 that would do a similar job to Richie 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

But it is difficult to find a rider under  a 5.26 that would do a similar job to Richie 

Justin Elkins?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

14 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Frederick Jakobsen? He fits and been very good this season else where 

54 minutes ago, STEVEHOLS54 said:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/sport/17366677.amp/ 

Article can be found here 

A five figure sum but where is the decimal point :P

58 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

A five figure sum but where is the decimal point :P

In his wallet, next to his Matt Ford loyalty card.

10 hours ago, ASpeedwayfan said:

Frederick Jakobsen? He fits and been very good this season else where 

Yes that is someone who crossed my mind maybe some riders think there value has gone up because we're desperate. 

39 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Yes that is someone who crossed my mind maybe some riders think there value has gone up because we're desperate. 

We need someone who doesn't just turn up and score 4-6 (a bit like Worrall) but someone who could hit 5-10 and I don't think there are many riders around 5.24 who can do that. But Jakobsen does that and makes us stronger  

• Like 1

14 hours ago, foreverblue said:

Can’t see Vissing being the answer but you have by my calculations 4.54 to play with so you could maybe get a new rider. 

I hope that Claus can chip in with three or points a meeting that along with Ellis Perks contribution  that could be anough when Musielak is back.??If Claus does not work out, maybe a fit Stefan Nielsen, Pickering, or Jeppesen could be option's.?

1 hour ago, ASpeedwayfan said:

We need someone who doesn't just turn up and score 4-6 (a bit like Worrall) but someone who could hit 5-10 and I don't think there are many riders around 5.24 who can do that. But Jakobsen does that and makes us stronger  

Someone likes jakobsen,,, is he Danish? 

Mmmm,, you remind me of someone

Edited by Baldyman
  • Like 1

Poole cannot re-sign Jakobsen ( or Woryna for that matter even if they had enough points) from last season as there is a rule that forbids it unless they are in the 1-7 at the start of this season!  -  without special dispensation.

In any case, Freddie has too much on his present 2019 racing calendar to consider UK - he has said so himself.

2 hours ago, ASpeedwayfan said:

If you want someone to hit 5-10 a meeting maybe you need to get someone who averages around 7.5 which is to high:blink:

• Like 1