British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Ipswich v Poole Prem. 11/6/19

1 minute ago, Racin Jason 72 said:

Or maybe you were lucky with a slick track ????

Did we look lucky? Or did we look unbeatable? 

1 minute ago, Racin Jason 72 said:

Or maybe you were lucky with a slick track ????

I think that would be a bit unfair to suggest that J

44 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Tbf not even Ippo fans predicted this!

I agree with that but to practically call 2 good riders rubbish was out of order in my opinion ... 

Just now, Steve Shovlar said:

Did we look lucky? Or did we look unbeatable? 

Neither - deserved winners doing the job that needed doing on the night

I think we may have been a touch complacent and it got away before we could turn it around. How we bounce back will be the key. Chatting to a few after Im confident they have it in them to turn it into a positive

2 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Says it all......

• Like 1

Maybe Gavan will go to Rome ..I hear its nice when your team gets beat at Speedway 

The reason we didn’t win an extra point. Klindt leading when this happened.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, orion said:

Maybe Gavan will go to Rome ..I hear its nice when your team gets beat at Speedway 

I am in Italy late Sept/early Oct again this year. Hope it doesn’t clash with the playoffs.:D

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I don’t think it was that slick, I think the track was smooth and grippy low down and mid track and there was far less material and grip on the outside - so the home boys were trying everything and just couldn’t find the grip and drive on the outside like normal this season, the positions and lines Heeps was trying this far he’s been flying past people went out there tonight and just nothing there, but for me that doesn’t automatically mean the whole track slick!

No riders on in inside/mid track were spinning up and struggling to generate drive the grip was there and the bikes were always pulling, but if it’s not equally as grippy on the wide line passing becomes tough - have similar stories on Peterborough threads this season with inside line being so grippy/smooth and fast no one gets there on the outside line - the track didn’t suit our boys one bit and was nothing like a single track we’ve seen for a home meeting so far this year

the Poole boys were best out of the tapes all night and getting to that first turn, some superb team riding from jack holder his first three races arguably the best 3 heats he’s ever ridden at Foxhall, never really ridden that well here before, klindt and josh equally impressive although I do feel klindt should’ve had at least one warning at the start before he finally got pulled back! Doolan and wells exceeded expectations so all in all fair play to Poole well deserved

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Steve Shovlar said:

This is certainly not aimed at the majority of Ipswich fans. Just one. Who seems elusive tonight for some reason. Where are you Gavan? Gavan your time is up! Better send out a search party.

Probably caught the same flight you did in 2010 when you disappeared off the face of the earth for a few weeks.... 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, KEITH M said:

Probably caught the same flight you did in 2010 when you disappeared off the face of the earth for a few weeks.... 

A week actually. Going again this year at roughly the same time. Lovely country is Italy.

The group of fans I sit with like myself seem to be able to look at our track and tell if we will get beat or not,,, as in many previous seasons,, it looks like that and we lose

Dont even have to have gavan on block these days glug glug glug pmsl 

• Haha 2

27 minutes ago, BlackPanther said:

How did Ipswich manage to lose at home to a very weakened Poole side? Goes to show how weak Premiership Speedway is when patched up teams still get results against a full 1-7

Complacency?

Edited by Steve Shovlar
  • Like 1