British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
bigcatdiary

Peterborough v Wolverhampton - Prem Thursday 11th July

2 minutes ago, orion said:

9-10-18 he also said this  '' As it stands though I do have to say that Saturdays meeting could be the last speedway meeting event at Peterborough . I don't what  this to happen I but need someone to secure the clubs future .

He go's on to say that he's does not want the club to close etc ..

Isn't 11th of October after October the 9th.  The point is that you were wrong, as much as that sticks in your throat :D

• Like 1

1 hour ago, stevebrum said:

I was there in 2009 when we came away with a win. The same night Michael Jackson died.

I missed that night lol

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Crump99 said:

Isn't 11th of October after October the 9th.  The point is that you were wrong, as much as that sticks in your throat :D

Hardly wrong as he sold the club like he said he had to . Buster was the only show in Town 

1 minute ago, orion said:

Hardly wrong as he sold the club like he said he had to . Buster was the only show in Town 

He's not wanted in Peterborough regardless of the outcome he's just not welcome . Rather have no speedway than Chapman using the club just to keep the premier league alive.

• Like 6

35 minutes ago, acef said:

Ill not explain a thing to anybody, certainly not you. What are you a juror?

I also have no intention of 'rebuting' the post either, quite simply because I dont have to.

In other words you can't back up what you said originally. Par for the course really.

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, orion said:

Yeah get Ged in for next season please. Ged rent a rider for cash Rathbone. Fu$k the fans and the riders. Show me the money..

Edited by Bald Bloke
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, orion said:

Without Buster I doubt you would even have a season 

You can doubt it all you like.  But trying to claim that Panthers wouldn't be alive it weren't for 'Bluster' coming in is just guesswork. 

There's only one reason he got involved at the EoES - and it wasn't anything to do with helping Panthers to do well.  Or even "saving" speedway.  It was the BT Sport dosh, and he needed to make sure that the top league had the minimum 7 teams - one way or another.  Anybody who can't see that must be either blind or very naieve. 

I blame Ged - not for the usual reasons that get spouted on here, but for allowing himself to be taken in by Bluster.  I hear he regrets it now.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, orion said:

Was he?   Evidence please.  

Surely if Ged wanted to be there in the Premiership he would be?

5 hours ago, PE7Panther said:

You can doubt it all you like.  But trying to claim that Panthers wouldn't be alive it weren't for 'Bluster' coming in is just guesswork. 

There's only one reason he got involved at the EoES - and it wasn't anything to do with helping Panthers to do well.  Or even "saving" speedway.  It was the BT Sport dosh, and he needed to make sure that the top league had the minimum 7 teams - one way or another.  Anybody who can't see that must be either blind or very naieve. 

I blame Ged - not for the usual reasons that get spouted on here, but for allowing himself to be taken in by Bluster.  I hear he regrets it now.  

Hardly guesswork . Ford has been trying to sell Poole the biggest club in the uk and can't find a buyer Workington closed down they can't find a backer but somehow you think people all want to buy Boro Speedway .? We all know why Buster brought the club has anyone ever said otherwise ? 

I doubt Ged   regrets selling a losing business that no one else wants to buy he's been very lucky sadly people with  zero business sense like you can't see that ..

8 hours ago, wealdstone said:

I am writing to the Pope as clearly Buster deserves to be Canonized

He deserves some sort of fate and yes it could begin with a C. Or perhaps a three letter one H.D.& Q.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, New era Panthers said:

He's not wanted in Peterborough regardless of the outcome he's just not welcome . Rather have no speedway than Chapman using the club just to keep the premier league alive.

I never thought I would agree about the club closing but there you have it, I do. This year I have said so many times , I am not going anymore, so if we close it will make it easier for me. 

It is past memories and friendships that, when it comes to match nights pull me back.As it stands,  I would rather not have had this year , especially if it is to be our last.

Looking at the fixtures left, I probably won't make any more this year anyway. Sobering thought , I might have seen my last Speedway meeting at the Showground!

I still luv u Buster .

I really fear for the future of Panthers , but I still intend to go to meetings as unless there is a viable plan from a viable new owner there will be no more Speedway at EOES.  I do not think the Louis's will let Ipswich go to the wall  and the Norfolk Arena will always be there. There seems no such salvation for Panthers.