British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
bigcatdiary

Peterborough v Wolverhampton - Prem Thursday 11th July

I see on the Panthers website that Buster was disappointed with the crowd, one of the reasons he said was the gap between meetings! Well that was just over a week, after Monday we wait until September!!! Wonder what he will say then :blink:

He sprouting the usual 'we need the crowd to provide a great atmosphere for BT camera's .... Actually we need a competitive team to get a crowd in. Or how about a reduced admission for Monday? Didn't read that!!!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Peterboro so called fans want every promotion to last 3yrs and lose about 400k in that time, they are the BSF champion wretchers and squawkers by a mile.

Lakeside,rye, reading and oxford would love to have a speedway team to go and watch.

Just get on with it and if you dont like whose running the show dont go

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Dodger Blue said:

I see on the Panthers website that Buster was disappointed with the crowd, one of the reasons he said was the gap between meetings! Well that was just over a week, after Monday we wait until September!!! Wonder what he will say then :blink:

He sprouting the usual 'we need the crowd to provide a great atmosphere for BT camera's .... Actually we need a competitive team to get a crowd in. Or how about a reduced admission for Monday? Didn't read that!!!

Severe weather warnings were issued yesterday and major traffic delays. It don't take much to stop people going, and who can blame them.

14 minutes ago, ruckerroo said:

Peterboro so called fans want every promotion to last 3yrs and lose about 400k in that time, they are the BSF champion wretchers and squawkers by a mile.

Lakeside,rye, reading and oxford would love to have a speedway team to go and watch.

The last promotion didn’t (on his words) lose anything over the four years he was in charge and to be fair up to recently our crowds were holding up well.

Peterborough fans want and expect a competitive team, unfortunately due to injuries and other things the current team isn’t and it’s affecting our attendance as it normally does.

7 hours ago, PE7Panther said:

Was he?   Evidence please.  

Best just to give him his 5 minutes of glory. Orion never admits that he's wrong and will keep replying until you top yourself!

He said that there would be no 2019 Panthers without Chapman. Rathbone said that he would run Panthers 2019 whether or not the club was sold. Couldn't have been more wrong there but will still argue that black is white.

In terms of a losing business, if he's talking about speedway generally then most will probably agree. If he's talking about Rathbone and Panthers then he should have scrolled further down the news item that he quoted because Rathbone also said: “Don’t get me wrong, we’ve probably broken even over the four years and maybe even made a small profit ".

Personally I think Chapman was the only offer on the table and not wanting to lose his investment in the future or particularly wanting to carry on in 2019 he pinched his nose and signed a deal that seemingly started to unravel before the ink was dry.

10 hours ago, acef said:

Who are you to question me? What qualifies you to do so?

I am me, and I have qualifications in Law and chemistry. I also know Charles Wright and Kyle Howarth personally.

I take it you have suitable qualifications to back up your ridiculous tittle tattle?

52 minutes ago, ruckerroo said:

As a cv for the BSPA press officer position then I must say that that's a bloody good effort :)

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, bigcatdiary said:

The last promotion didn’t (on his words) lose anything over the four years he was in charge and to be fair up to recently our crowds were holding up well.

Peterborough fans want and expect a competitive team, unfortunately due to injuries and other things the current team isn’t and it’s affecting our attendance as it normally does.

And the first thing we need to do is, bring Wells in for Bates,scored well again yesterday, Bates is all over the place , held  Tungate up last night ,2nd  bring in Guest for Hans, apart from Tungate and Wright rest are struggling

jimg   

1 hour ago, Dodger Blue said:

He can spout all he likes -he refuses to listen to the fans and from those I spoke to last night many will be turning a deaf ear!   He was warned but as usual refused to take notice.  He has better prepare himself for a bigger disappointment because I believe Monday’s crowd will be even worse.  

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Fourentee said:

Hynek's race win, Steve?

And the crowd went wild! Well, the Wolves section did!

10 hours ago, Wolfie456 said:

I missed that night lol

Ah fair enough!

• Like 1

I think that was a good performance from the Wolves - aside from the strength and/or performance of the Panthers.

Wolves looking very solid now as riders begin to hit form.

19 minutes ago, jimg said:

And the first thing we need to do is, bring Wells in for Bates,scored well again yesterday, Bates is all over the place , held  Tungate up last night ,2nd  bring in Guest for Hans, apart from Tungate and Wright rest are struggling

jimg   

Agree with you about Wells Was crap at Kings Lynn but last night he was excellent as was Doolan  another rider who is often not considered but rode well last night and I would have thought the type of rider who could do well at the showground.

9 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

I think that was a good performance from the Wolves - aside from the strength and/or performance of the Panthers.

Wolves looking very solid now as riders begin to hit form.

Agree with there Wolves were my favourites for the title but injuries have meant a stuttering start to the season but now they are getting to look like a decent team and it looks like Douglas has been a very good signing.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, BlackPanther said:

I would rather have no Speedway at all as well. I would even be happier if we had to run NL Speedway for a few years under a new ownership. I just cant stand Buster Chapman and his p*ss take attitude towards Panthers fans. So much disrespect coming from him. 

No speedway is the nuclear option though, so Chapman, or anyone with similar gripes which are pretty standard over the last 15 years, is preferable to nothing. At least that gives future options, closure does not.

As for NL, that wouldn't last a season. Nobody will turn up for 4 riders 20 yards apart at the pacey EoES.

• Like 4