British Speedway Forum
ScunnyDan

Redcar v Scorpions 12.7.19 League

I don't think even the most optimistic Bears fan will be predicting a home win in this one!

Stewart missing a massive loss on his recent home form, and obviously with no number 1 going to be incredibly tough.

Added to that, Ayres superb form around Redcar this season can only see a 10 point away win.

I don't know because watching them at Newcastle on Sunday gone they were well behind the Diamonds points wise apart from Barker.

We have Wrighty, Tofty, Andersen and Greaves that can do well on the night.

I might be wrong, but never say never.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Speedway4ever said:

I don't know because watching them at Newcastle on Sunday gone they were well behind the Diamonds points wise apart from Barker.

We have Wrighty, Tofty, Andersen and Greaves that can do well on the night.

I might be wrong, but never say never.

I think Auty, Allen, Ayres and Barker enjoy riding Redcar more than they do Newcastle though. Much less home advantage.

Kasper is making his home debut so it’s unfair to expect him to be consistently scoring and he will have to take at least 5 rides.

With a full team I’d predict a comfortable home win, with the side riding on Friday Scunthorpe should be picking up 4 league points.

• Like 1

I still think Redcar will win this even with the NL number 1 and R/R. Can't see anyone touching Charles Wright who should go through the card.

Ayres and Barker will score well but the rest might struggle, Auty struggling everywhere apart from Scunny and Allen isn't 100% with his Shoulder problem. The meeting could well hinge on who does best out of Lambert and Greaves and which number 6 beats the other in Heat 2

• Like 1

3 hours ago, boz said:

I don't think even the most optimistic Bears fan will be predicting a home win in this one!

Stewart missing a massive loss on his recent home form, and obviously with no number 1 going to be incredibly tough.

Added to that, Ayres superb form around Redcar this season can only see a 10 point away win.

It’s ok we haven’t a no 1 so should be pretty even 

Redcar: Ben Rathbone, Charles Wright, Kasper Andersen, r/r for Jordan Stewart, Michael Palm Toft, Nathan Greaves, Tom Woolley

Scunthorpe: Josh Auty, r/r for Stefan Nielsen, Danny Ayres, Jake Allen, Ben Barker, Ryan Kinsley, Simon Lambert.

Taken from Redcars website

Both teams change riding order

Nice gesture form the Promotion to take £2 off adult admission due to the under strength Bears line up. 

Revenue will already be down as I'm sure the gate will be affected.

Edited by Yearbyred
  • Like 4

30 minutes ago, Yearbyred said:

Nice gesture form the Promotion to take £2 off adult admission due to the under strength Bears line up. 

Revenue will already be down as I'm sure the gate will be affected.

I'm going to buy 2 extra 50-50 tickets as I don't think its the clubs fault.

• Like 6

14 minutes ago, cheekycobra said:

I'm going to buy 2 extra 50-50 tickets as I don't think its the clubs fault.

:o :icon_smile_clown: 

They knew when they signed Riss that he would have other commitments which would take priority.

Why do you not think it is the clubs fault?

• Like 5

5 hours ago, IronScorpion said:

:o :icon_smile_clown: 

They knew when they signed Riss that he would have other commitments which would take priority.

Why do you not think it is the clubs fault?

True, the club already knew, but I just think its a silly rule overall where a rider riding in Sweden, Denmark or Poland can be covered, but not any other county. 

Its the only meeting Riss will miss, so in the long run he was well worth signing. Its going to make tomorrow very interesting, but the pressure is on Scunny, who don't want to loose to a four man team. Bring it on :)

Jitendra has put a detailed response on the Bears Forum as to why the decision was made to sign Riss and admits it was a calculated gamble knowing that he would miss 2 home meetings (this week and next week) but that we would have guest facility next Friday. Tried to get the meeting moved but couldn’t reach agreement strangely enough.

In the long term it’s a move that gives Redcar a better chance of making the playoffs which is hard to disagree with.

The Promotion didn’t have to give a detailed explanation or offer a discount but they have and deserve some credit for that. I would have thought the Scunny fans would welcome not only a much better chance at winning and £2 staying in their pockets (feel free to pay full price).

Edited by Yearbyred
  • Like 7