British Speedway Forum
ScunnyDan

Redcar v Scorpions 12.7.19 League

fancy Scunthorpe ................................!!!!!!!!!!!!                 ...............................  not reaching an agreement to postpone the meeting . how strange is that ? and its a Friday too !

but its all in the best interest of speedway , as they say ..

Edited by jenga
  • Thanks 1

We have suffered, also, this last couple of years with rider unavailability, injured or otherwise, with inadequate cover but took it on the chin.

Scunthorpe & Redcar race on Fridays & there isn't a Friday spare until September where both teams are not riding. You raced the other week on a Tuesday, before signing Riss, & he rides in Sweden on a Tuesday so it will be interesting to hear or see the full explanation as have just seen snippets of team news on the Redcar website.

The result is still in doubt as you have 2 riders that have hit top form & could easily score 25-30 points between them(depending on the no of rides taken & circumstances) so the others do not have to do much. We have riders that are suffering with away form so I think a tight result is expected. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, jenga said:

fancy Scunthorpe ................................!!!!!!!!!!!!                 ...............................  not reaching an agreement to postpone the meeting . how strange is that ? and its a Friday too !

Where has this been said as it is not strictly true. "Tried" is the word used on the Bears website & it is yearbyred's opinion on here. Until we know the truth, if it comes out, then we can only surmise with our opinions. Available dates & rider availability might be at a premium. Two sides to every story though.

1 minute ago, IronScorpion said:

Where has this been said as it is not strictly true. "Tried" is the word used on the Bears website & it is yearbyred's opinion on here. Until we know the truth, if it comes out, then we can only surmise with our opinions. Available dates & rider availability might be at a premium. Two sides to every story though.

the truth was out there  a COUPLE OF YEARS AGO !

18 minutes ago, IronScorpion said:

It wasn't my opinion - I was reporting what the Redcar promoter posted on the Bears forum 

"We tried our best to move the fixture but couldn’t" - that is the exact quote.

Not blaming Scunthorpe - fair to say I think they would struggle to get  favourable result with a full Redcar team out.

Your original post, though, was implying.

27 minutes ago, IronScorpion said:

Godfrey declined to move the fixture. 

Why is that difficult to believe?

He knows Redcar are short and he knows he has a great chance of winning so he's stuck to this date even though he was offered other dates that are not Friday's so wouldn't deny him a home date.

He is hardly Mr. Squeaky clean and has previous for using ever trick in the book to benefit himself/ his club and many will say that's how it should be. Redcars promoter is new and has yet to learn the ' dark side ' .

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Fortythirtyeight said:

He knows Redcar are short and he knows he has a great chance of winning so he's stuck to this date even though he was offered other dates that are not Friday's so wouldn't deny him a home date.

He is hardly Mr. Squeaky clean and has previous for using ever trick in the book to benefit himself/ his club and many will say that's how it should be. Redcars promoter is new and has yet to learn the ' dark side ' .

Spot on

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, IronScorpion said:

If anybody is implying anything, it's you He is only repeating, what the Redcar management  stated of their intentions to reschedule the match. It would seem that the Scunthorpe promotion are not amenable to that. Still I suppose, that it is all in the best interests, of British speedway.

• Like 2

Dear Scunny

We appear to have made a bit of a gaff, we've recently signed a rider knowing full well that he won't available to us when your team come visiting. We now realise that we won't get a facility, we will have no option other than use a national league guest in his place. Jordan Stewart will also be missing as he is on international duty. Not so much of an issue, as we can utilise RR to cover his rides. I really can't believe how we've got ourselves into this mess.

Given our misfortune, may I ask a huge favour of you? In the best interest of Redcar speedway, would you kindly agree to rearranging this meeting?  It's important that Redcar Speedway win all our remaining home meetings, therefore we appeal to your better nature and trust you will agree to our request. Obviously we need to be a full strength in order to beat your weakened injury hit team, who, incidentally have been pretty woeful away from home of late. 

We appreciate that you are the senior Friday night team, we are really grateful that you originally agreed to accommodate this fixture. I'm sure rearranging won't cause you any further inconvenience. The riders won't be bothered that we've messed them around, they can always find something else to do with their time.

We also appreciate, for whatever reason, you too had to use a national league guest at No1 recently. I'm sure you'll agree how disadvantaged this makes a team.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Regards

Bear

Dear Bear

Thanks, but no thanks.

Weather permitting, we'll see you Friday.

Regards

Scunny

• Like 2

It's just the way British speedway is now , look at the team Birmingham have got rocking up at Glasgow tomorrow night , you can sign riders to ride for your club , but only when they are not required elsewhere seems to be where we are . 

4 hours ago, jenga said:

Fancy say you was running 

fancy leaving riders unemployed so close to the season starting 

fancy winning at all cost 

fancy leaving one of your own Mason Compton unable to ride over here 

People in Glass houses shouldn't be commenting on what they don't know anything about.    Fact

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

And apparently I was implying things :)

Redcar didn’t make a gaff, they knew the rules and decided it was worth taking looking at the longer term rest of the season.

Im still not sure why the Redcar promoters would include the line “ to beat your weakened injury hit team, who, incidentally have been pretty woeful away from home of late.“ as it would surely wind the “Scunny” promotion (and fans) up? Unless of course it’s not real !!!

PS - I’d suggest registering on the Bears forum and reading the actual comments from the Bears promoter to see there is no blame laid at anyone’s door for the situation tomorrow.

Edited by Yearbyred

2 hours ago, Tosh1218 said:

Fancy say you was running 

fancy leaving riders unemployed so close to the season starting 

fancy winning at all cost 

fancy leaving one of your own Mason Compton unable to ride over here 

People in Glass houses shouldn't be commenting on what they don't know anything about.    Fact

I (thats me) dont recall saying that . i believe it was the workington promotion that had a backer ready to step in , but for one reason or another it did not happen .                                                  i (thats me) did not leave any riders unemployed !

winning at all cost , i think you are getting mixed up with a certain Scottish track ..

that is nothing to do with me (I)

the last line in your post sums you up perfectly .

we dont live in glass houses up here  , we live in grass houses made from sods like you .

11 hours ago, Fortythirtyeight said:

why is it anything to do with any other promotion that the moghts Bears sign riders who will miss fixtures?

that is the risk Redcar took when signing Riss,its no ones fault other that Redcar,they are not stupid people who run Redcar and decided that the signing of a rider of Riss ability was worth it

i guess this wont be the only Friday that this situation comes up

any cloud spotted yet?