British Speedway Forum
ScunnyDan

Redcar v Scorpions 12.7.19 League

13 hours ago, jenga said:

fancy Scunthorpe ................................!!!!!!!!!!!!                 ...............................  not reaching an agreement to postpone the meeting . how strange is that ? and its a Friday too !

but its all in the best interest of speedway , as they say ..

is there a thread anywhere on the Champioship section on this forum where you dont act the twit?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, montie said:

is there a thread anywhere on the Champioship section on this forum where you dont act the twit?

no , i dont think so . how about you,

do you just stick to one club on this forum ? 

How delightful of God to deny his riders permission to take part in the 2v champs the night before the event was due to take place. Im guessing it was viewed as a threat to the successful GTR project that so much of the paying publics money was squandered upon rather than a potential positive move forward for the sport. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Sings4Speedway said:

How delightful of God to deny his riders permission to take part in the 2v champs the night before the event was due to take place. Im guessing it was viewed as a threat to the successful GTR project that so much of the paying publics money was squandered upon rather than a potential positive move forward for the sport. 

I'm guessing he didn't want to take any risks while Redcar are so severely weakened, probably Scunny's only chance of an away win (meanwhile the first two in the 2v meeting are Scotland bound!) this season.

Edited by foamfence
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, IronScorpion said:

We have suffered, also, this last couple of years with rider unavailability, injured or otherwise, with inadequate cover but took it on the chin.

Scunthorpe & Redcar race on Fridays & there isn't a Friday spare until September where both teams are not riding. You raced the other week on a Tuesday, before signing Riss, & he rides in Sweden on a Tuesday so it will be interesting to hear or see the full explanation as have just seen snippets of team news on the Redcar website.

The result is still in doubt as you have 2 riders that have hit top form & could easily score 25-30 points between them(depending on the no of rides taken & circumstances) so the others do not have to do much. We have riders that are suffering with away form so I think a tight result is expected. 

:rofl: :rofl: Bloody hell that line made me laugh ...........so Godfrey took it on his chin last season when he stopped Workington, Lakeside, Peterborough riding on a Friday as too many clubs were riding and he couldn't get suitable guests for his depleted team by injuries :rolleyes: So we all ended up with 5-6 weeks gaps , crippling the crowds and racing fixtures on a Monday, Tuesday ,Wednesday in bloody October !!!   He gained nothing last season in fact these were 3 teams that made the play-offs and one team scooped the "Treble" :party: , he might gain 3-4 away points tonight against a weaker Redcar team but that's about all he gain :approve:

Best of luck Redcar would love you to pull off the win B):t:

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Yearbyred said:

And apparently I was implying things :)

Redcar didn’t make a gaff, they knew the rules and decided it was worth taking looking at the longer term rest of the season.

Im still not sure why the Redcar promoters would include the line “ to beat your weakened injury hit team, who, incidentally have been pretty woeful away from home of late.“ as it would surely wind the “Scunny” promotion (and fans) up? Unless of course it’s not real !!!

PS - I’d suggest registering on the Bears forum and reading the actual comments from the Bears promoter to see there is no blame laid at anyone’s door for the situation tomorrow.

Jenga thought & posted before me so, yes, your words were taken as implying .................................................................... but then again, it was Jenga!

In the SS, the Redcar promotion looked at the bigger picture when signing Riss & knew this fixture was a risk so it seems the promotion were happy but the fans are up in arms.

In your profile, it says your team is "all" but it seems to be "all bar ????????" Reading most of your postings though it seems you are a "know it all" :rolleyes: & you have got into a few disagreements with others, but again, I reiterate, the forum is based on opinions. You even edited one of your posts after finding out Riss misses 2 meetings(this week & next) but are granted a facility next week. Well done.

Birmingham were in the same boat earlier this season after signing Ellis, missing one of his 1st meetings then posters saying why sign him if he was going to miss meetings then changing their tune, surmising it was a good move as he had a high converted average so guests would be easy to find. Since then, he has not missed many meetings but will be missing this weekend.  

I don't normally go on here but

I've been reading these posts and quite frankly I am amazed at how you all come to your own conclusions regarding this so just to set the record straight it isn't right that we wouldn't agree to change this fixture the fact is WE COULDN'T.  When I get asked to change a fixture the first thing I do is ask my riders I can not make that decision for them as  they have other commitments at the time we only had one rider that's in full time employment he agreed to ask his employers as the date was mid week.  Another of my riders came back and said he couldn't do it my rider that is in full time employment then told me he couldn't get time off work at such short notice so we had to say no.  These riders have these fixtures from the beginning of the season they arrange time off work and other commitments.  I like your promoter he's good guy and works hard and if we could've changed the fixture we would've but two of my riders were not available.  If you sign a rider that has other commitments you make sure he's available for your meetings if not you either don't sign or take the chance that the team your racing against can change.

You're probably thinking now that this guy's obviously got something to do with Scunthorpe so I'm not going to hide behind any names yes I do have something to do with Scunthorpe

I am the co promoter Gail Godfrey and yes wife to the Vice Chairman

• Like 2

I agree with another poster that the way things have worked out; throws the onus on Scunny to win this meeting ?

Ben Barker should have no problem hitting double figures; he's already showing that he can be the big hitter away from home that we have lacked for a long time,

Danny should be a big plus round Redcar.

However record shows we don't travel well. It needs Jake more like himself and for Josh to do himself justice away from the EWR, and then we can be in business,

If Lambert and Kinsley get amongst it and they should ? then I can't see the depleted Bears shoring this up ?

Have to say if we do get done by a 4 man team then it will have been a proper "calamity caper"

• Like 2

Steve Worrall riding for newcastle in 2019 ...  good job Worky closed innit ?

Kyle bickley riding for Glasgow in 2019 ..... god job Worky closed , innint ?

Josh Mcdonald riding for Sheffield in 2019 . good job Worky closed innit ?

The slurs on Godfrey are a little harsh.

Scunthorpe asked the riders if they could do Wednesday instead of Friday, and a couple of them said they were unable to get out of work commitments at short notice.

It's worth remembering that at this level most riders are not full time, and have other work to basically fund their Speedway careers.

• Like 2

Simon lambert riding for Newcastle and  err .  Scunthorpe in 2019 ..  strange innit ?

Edited by jenga

6 minutes ago, MrMungo said:

The slurs on Godfrey are a little harsh.

Scunthorpe asked the riders if they could do Wednesday instead of Friday, and a couple of them said they were unable to get out of work commitments at short notice.

It's worth remembering that at this level most riders are not full time, and have other work to basically fund their Speedway careers.

why didnt he just tell the media that then ? i have never read it anywhere .

wee tero riding for brum . just .