British Speedway Forum
ScunnyDan

Redcar v Scorpions 12.7.19 League

BWD just riding prem atm .

poor ole Mason  , left out in the sun . brilliant guy . gutted 4 him .

so most of em fixed up bar the sun tan kid ! 

there is always something good to come out of the negatives . 

Edited by jenga

2 hours ago, Taylorj said:

:rofl: :rofl: Bloody hell that line made me laugh ...........so Godfrey took it on his chin last season when he stopped Workington, Lakeside, Peterborough riding on a Friday as too many clubs were riding and he couldn't get suitable guests for his depleted team by injuries :rolleyes: So we all ended up with 5-6 weeks gaps , crippling the crowds and racing fixtures on a Monday, Tuesday ,Wednesday in bloody October !!!   He gained nothing last season in fact these were 3 teams that made the play-offs and one team scooped the "Treble" :party: , he might gain 3-4 away points tonight against a weaker Redcar team but that's about all he gain :approve:

Best of luck Redcar would love you to pull off the win B):t:

i know you love a good theory but

1 Godfrey doesnt have the power to do as you say,the MC does,so jointly make a decison

2 looking back,you moan about fixture gaps,,,,,, this was the case  in the previous season and Worky[2017],whos fault was that? RG also,?

3 The fridays you wanted to run,you also had alot of riders missing due to Danish champs,U21 and other fixture clashes,and tell me,when the Mighty Comets visited Glasgow last year,am i right in thinking you turned up with a NL rider as couldnt get a guest due to teams riding on a Friday?

And for the record,personally i didnt agree with the decison to stop the Comets riding on a friday,it was wrong,and shouldnt have happened,but when you look at the shortage of riders regular Friday teams had, and yourselves on the chosen fridays,i can see why it was made

Back to this evenings fixture,my 10 year old asked why Scunny are sh yte away from home,i cant say i replied,so im taking him to see for himself................and looking forward to the trip[excatly what speedway is about]

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, jenga said:

poor ole Mason  , left out in the sun . brilliant guy . gutted 4 him .

so most of em fixed up bar the sun tan kid ! 

there is always something good to come out of the negatives . 

was it last year or the season before you got banned or threatened with a ban from the Comets?

• Haha 1

Scunny  team has been depleted due to serious injuries for the past 2 seasons. Its not easy for any team finding the right guests, but all teams have to do their best. BUT when a team employed a rider knowing he cannot ride on a certain night but the Promoter thought they  could manage without him. Don't  blame the opposing team. We have  Jason and Stephen out. Ben in for Jason and RR. It didn't work for us at Newcastle so who's  to say it will work for us at Redcar. However. I hope it turns out to be a really good meeting. Because Its Redcar" Kenny Smiths team" and his association with Scunthorpe. GOOD LUCK TO BOTH SIDE. ALL STAY SAFE.!

8 minutes ago, phillwhitewasmad said:

is it only me who finds jenga a tedious cnut.

he can be amusing but seems to lack some kind of filter

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, montie said:

1 Godfrey doesnt have the power to do as you say,the MC does,so jointly make a decison

2 looking back,you moan about fixture gaps,,,,,, this was the case  in the previous season and Worky[2017],whos fault was that? RG also,?

3 The fridays you wanted to run,you also had alot of riders missing due to Danish champs,U21 and other fixture clashes,and tell me,when the Mighty Comets visited Glasgow last year,am i right in thinking you turned up with a NL rider as couldnt get a guest due to teams riding on a Friday?

And for the record,personally i didnt agree with the decison to stop the Comets riding on a friday,it was wrong,and shouldnt have happened,but when you look at the shortage of riders regular Friday teams had, and yourselves on the chosen fridays,i can see why it was made

Back to this evenings fixture,my 10 year old asked why Scunny are sh yte away from home,i cant say i replied,so im taking him to see for himself................and looking forward to the trip[excatly what speedway is about]

We might live in Cumbria but you can't pull the wool over our eyes :P:lol:

Your no.1 point, someone who was very much in know knew exactly who's decision it was to stop other teams !!

UTB ;)

• Confused 1

Mou

6 minutes ago, montie said:

Some good points here Montie but....

"1 Godfrey doesnt have the power to do as you say,the MC does,so jointly make a decision"

Not the case. Godfrey may be the ' on call ' member of the management team and can make decisions there and then and often has, with repercussion's later. He has even ignored SCB ruling decisions in the past ' for the good of the sport ' as he says.

Also only needs to be 3 ( sometimes it's been 2) members of the top table present during a BSPA management meeting so he does have the power and uses his influence when it suits , as most people would do.

This is why the sport is in such a mess and needs a totally independent ruling body.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Fortythirtyeight said:

Mou

Some good points here Montie but....

"1 Godfrey doesnt have the power to do as you say,the MC does,so jointly make a decision"

Not the case. Godfrey may be the ' on call ' member of the management team and can make decisions there and then and often has, with repercussion's later. He has even ignored SCB ruling decisions in the past ' for the good of the sport ' as he says.

totally correct,but an ``on call`` member doesnt make calls like  to take out a complete set of fixtures for an other team,

more  there to make quick decisons on averages etc etc,and with most issue like this sorted beforehand i guess the ``oncall `` member has very little to do

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Taylorj said:

We might live in Cumbria but you can't pull the wool over our eyes :P:lol:

Your no.1 point, someone who was very much in know knew exactly who's decision it was to stop other teams !!

UTB ;)

fabulous avoidance of the other points

• Haha 1

Just to make it interesting, looks like Riss's meeting in Germany may have been postponed? Could he make it back in time? 

3 hours ago, IronScorpion said:

Jenga thought & posted before me so, yes, your words were taken as implying .................................................................... but then again, it was Jenga!

In the SS, the Redcar promotion looked at the bigger picture when signing Riss & knew this fixture was a risk so it seems the promotion were happy but the fans are up in arms.

In your profile, it says your team is "all" but it seems to be "all bar ????????" Reading most of your postings though it seems you are a "know it all" :rolleyes: & you have got into a few disagreements with others, but again, I reiterate, the forum is based on opinions. You even edited one of your posts after finding out Riss misses 2 meetings(this week & next) but are granted a facility next week. Well done.

Birmingham were in the same boat earlier this season after signing Ellis, missing one of his 1st meetings then posters saying why sign him if he was going to miss meetings then changing their tune, surmising it was a good move as he had a high converted average so guests would be easy to find. Since then, he has not missed many meetings but will be missing this weekend.  

Seeing as though you quoted me I can only assume this is a reply to me?

If it is it contains a number of errors.

As far as I know I don't state "all" as my profile. I have a picture of a Middlesbrough Tiger as my profile pic and tend only to post about Redcar related issues. Don't ever try to hide that Redcar is the team I support.

The edit I made to the Riss post was because of poor English and not about the number of meetings Riss wouldn't be available for. 

Not sure about the "know it all part" - I just stick up for the team I support If I think they are being unfairly criticized or ,in some cases, people are talking cr@p.

• Like 6

Another edit! Location changed from "all" to guess (my error in not noticing team before) :oops:

2 hours ago, phillwhitewasmad said:

is it only me who finds jenga a tedious cnut.

lol . well a least you know how to spell it ! .... have you ever seen a live one up close  or are you still on the hand pump ?

Edited by jenga