British Speedway Forum
ScunnyDan

Redcar v Scorpions 12.7.19 League

1 minute ago, IronScorpion said:

Another edit! Location changed from "all" to guess (my error in not noticing team before) :oops:

Another mistake on your part - I’ve not edited my profile for years, it’s always said guess. You are just wrong.

You are entitled to your opinions but I’m not having you put factually incorrect statements on here. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, montie said:

totally correct,but an ``on call`` member doesnt make calls like  to take out a complete set of fixtures for an other team,

more  there to make quick decisons on averages etc etc,and with most issue like this sorted beforehand i guess the ``oncall `` member has very little to do

Quite right.

An example of when his phone might ring...

How about when a rider fails a drugs test, an ' excuse ' is made by the host club to cover him leaving ( say a family issue) and a phone call is made to get the R/R facility to cover his absence which is not allowed by the rule book and the ref points this out but the nod was given by the on call member ( I use that term provocatively ) and another rule is broken as it was ' for the benefit of the sport ' and perhaps the on call member has direct links to the rider?

On call members usually get called by promoters not ' in their gang'  ( non management ) over interpretation of a rule ( being broken ) and of course then get a completely unbiased opinion in response  ( really?)

I recall a number of such instances at a certain 'Midlands' track over the last few seasons but that promoter was hounded out so it won't happen again obviously.

1 hour ago, boz said:

Just to make it interesting, looks like Riss's meeting in Germany may have been postponed? Could he make it back in time? 

Hope so but no news yet......

2 hours ago, montie said:

was it last year or the season before you got banned or threatened with a ban from the Comets?

better ask someone who knows about speedway , you obviously know jack . banned or not band ! , that is the question .

2 hours ago, phillwhitewasmad said:

is it only me who finds jenga a tedious cnut.

No 

• Like 1

Think there must be some crossed wires here, Yearby is generally a very balanced poster I find.

38 minutes ago, boz said:

Think there must be some crossed wires here, Yearby is generally a very balanced poster I find.

Cheers boz - cheque is in the post.

Whatever you do don't edit the post ;)

2 hours ago, bez said:

No 

says the poster of 28 posts . LOL.

15 minutes ago, brylcream boy said:

Compared to your 7,822 posts of utter bo**ocks.

keeps the forum ticking over so people like you can read it when you aint washing your under crackers !

The Bears so nearly pulled off a result tonight. But, as expected, losing your No 1 and a top points scorer on the same night was just too much. Realistically, leaving the Bears some 20 points off what having Stewart and Riss would have, in most home meetings, scored.

Not many sides can go into a meeting with that scenario and win.

Congrats to the Scorpions, they did what they had to do....just. 

UTB !! 

• Like 4

Credit to Redcar, tactically they nearly pulled it off. Welcome win for Scunny, given the circumstances, guess it's nowt to boast about...but a wins a win. Well done Scorps, did what was asked (just!) :)

• Like 5

43 minutes ago, jenga said:

keeps the forum ticking over so people like you can read it when you aint washing your under crackers !

Make that 7,823.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Albert said:

Credit to Redcar, tactically they nearly pulled it off. Welcome win for Scunny, given the circumstances, guess it's nowt to boast about...but a wins a win. Well done Scorps, did what was asked (just!) :)

Pretty fair assessment of the situation. The pressure of having four riders told, in the end. I don't know, if the Scorps fans, know how well Jake Allen goes around Redcar.

• Like 1