British Speedway Forum
ScunnyDan

Redcar v Scorpions 12.7.19 League

Congrats to Scunny - they got the job done, although made to work for it slightly more than they expected maybe. Jake Allen was superb, Barker as expected and Ayres chipped in well again. Auty's points on paper dont look great but actually thought he rode fairly well.

Great effort from the Bears though. After Greaves and Andersens 5-1 in heat 9 i genuinely thought we could do it. Just ran out of steam a little bit towards the end, but gives me great hope for the rest of the season. Wright and MPT both excellent as expected, Greaves again superb from reserve and thoroughly impressed with Andersen. Woolley struggled, but with a full side there will be no pressure on him.

Interesting to hear from Jitendra in the bar afterwards, who bears no ill will towards Godfrey. We offered a few dates, and Godfrey asked his riders if they were free but they all weren't. It was a risk we took when signing Riss, but one that in the long term should hopefully see us in the playoffs..

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, sidewinder said:

Pretty fair assessment of the situation. The pressure of having four riders told, in the end. I don't know, if the Scorps fans, know how well Jake Allen goes around Redcar.

It's not just Jake who goes around Redcar well. I don't think there is a rider in the league who doesn't think Redcar is the fairest, and best track in the league.

Can someone explain why our number 2 in the riding order is scoring more points away from home than our number 1 who used to have this has his home track years ago..has it changed that much...pretty similar to ewr...before you start June he is amazing at home but come on as a number 1 away from it’s not good enough IF we have aspirations of winning the league. 

1 hour ago, Shrimmy said:

Can someone explain why our number 2 in the riding order is scoring more points away from home than our number 1 who used to have this has his home track years ago..has it changed that much...pretty similar to ewr...before you start June he is amazing at home but come on as a number 1 away from it’s not good enough IF we have aspirations of winning the league. 

Seriously ? got no chance made hard work of beating an inter-league select team tonight

• Like 2

Some excellent racing last night on a well prepped race track,best `` rider`` on the night was the Wedcar TM,played the limited cards he had to perfection

Hope the Charles Wright is ok after what looked a nasty spill

Luckiest guy driving home last night was Danny Ayres,how he avoided a huge one in heat 3 i`ll never no,that was a naughty naughty move by Kasper Andersen,to ride across some one full speed down a straight at full speed  is shocking,luckily both avoided the deck

Redcar is still a great place to watch speedway

• Like 1

Very good and entertaining meeting on a well prepared track, good much needed win for Scunny, but fair play to the Bears for keeping it close throughout the meeting. Must say the behaviour of some Redcar fans was unacceptable, swearing at Scunny lads as we had a heat win/advantage... 

26 minutes ago, ScunnyDan said:

Very good and entertaining meeting on a well prepared track, good much needed win for Scunny, but fair play to the Bears for keeping it close throughout the meeting. Must say the behaviour of some Redcar fans was unacceptable, swearing at Scunny lads as we had a heat win/advantage... 

and that brings me back to when craig cook was riding for the cornets . it is on you tube . one female fan was heard shouting out loud as cookie was trying to go around the home rider PUT HIM IN THE FENCE  . so its ok for scunny fans to shout stuff like that , but not the opposing team . just my opinion of course . 

12 hours ago, brylcream boy said:

Compared to your 7,822 posts of utter bo**ocks.

i take it you have read all my 7.822  posts then . speed reading works wonders !

Riders who are missing due to having to ride in a league which is not covered by the normal guest rider rule should be reconsiderd. It is the paying public that suffers and what about clubs needing to field teams that are considered to be of competitive strengths. Does this requirement no longer apply? Perhaps the rule that only allows a BNL 6 pointer should be changed to allow at least a BCL 6 pointer should be considered. Thoughts anyone?

1 hour ago, geoff100 said:

So last nights results , redcar 0 mr godfrey 1; glasgow 1 mr mason 0.

Actually Redcar 0 Scunthorpe 3, but you Wucky fans can just keep boring the pants off us:rolleyes:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Cant remember the year when mr godfrey stopped us going because his number 1 was missing yet he wouldnt change last nights because some riders were busy , who knows maybe having a barbi or something thats why we need someone independant in charge so last nights 2 meetings with half teams can be rearranged, but not on friday nights ofcourse.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, jenga said:

i take it you have read all my 7.822  posts then . speed reading works wonders !

No, I got the general idea of your posts after reading 5 or 6. I will use reading all your posts as a punishment for my kids if they don't eat there vegetables.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, brylcream boy said:

No, I got the general idea of your posts after reading 5 or 6. I will use reading all your posts as a punishment for my kids if they don't eat there vegetables.

i take it you did not eat all your veggies . so 5/6 posts and you come up with that conclusion ? maybe if you eat all you greens that were on the table in front of you, you would be able to know the their/there situation in the Inglish land which . perfik !

Edited by jenga

On 7/12/2019 at 1:55 PM, montie said:

was it last year or the season before you got banned or threatened with a ban from the Comets?

Yes can re-call him posting a groveling apology to Workington speedway in order to get back in. "Would appear that after careful consideration Workington decided they would rather close than have him back"   

• Haha 1