British Speedway Forum
ScunnyDan

Redcar v Scorpions 12.7.19 League

14 hours ago, jenga said:

and that brings me back to when craig cook was riding for the cornets . it is on you tube . one female fan was heard shouting out loud as cookie was trying to go around the home rider PUT HIM IN THE FENCE  . so its ok for scunny fans to shout stuff like that , but not the opposing team . just my opinion of course . 

And did Craig hear and carry out this instruction?

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, RS50 said:

And did Craig hear and carry out this instruction?

WHAT instruction was that then ? i suggest you read my post again. 

i can put it in block capitals if it makes it easier to/too/two  read :icon_smile_clown:

• Like 1

15 hours ago, RS50 said:

Yes can re-call him posting a groveling apology to Workington speedway in order to get back in. "Would appear that after careful consideration Workington decided they would rather close than have him back"   

ahh , funny that i have just been reading the so called legal letter from Mr whitehead  . with me being a well known supporter of the comets in the area  i have good friends around me .  

Mr Whitehead  and i had a wee talk  and he said i was okay to enter the stadium to watch the meeting . this decision came BEFORE i wrote the apology  on the BSF . 

being a popular fan , i had the backing of at least 20/25 fans who said they would not return if i was banned !

Mr Whitehead then told me to come and see him the following week to have a talk . now Steve being in the know , should have known there was NO meeting the following week ! (again)

as i was walking to gain entry to the stadium . one of Mr  Whiteheads helpers gave me abuse and said he was going to rip my f...ing  head off . i turned away and started to walk . then i felt something wet on my  clothes . i turned around and a a guy who i later found out was T.H.J. had squirted water over me . he continued to give verbal abuse . many fans heard his outburst .

luckily it was only drinking water , but could have been something worse like wee , acid or even McDonalds milk shake !

i will add that during the conversation with Mr Whitehead he kept using the word HONESTLY  on a regular basis . something T.H.J. does on a regular bases in his posting , tho claiming NOT to be  Steve  W . i was glad to be allowed back and  also my friends did not have to lose their fix of speedway . 

Groveling  no . common sence , yes .  BTW . i dont know where you got careful consideration from  in your reply . speedway needs people through the gate . fans have a forum that they use and its free voice for all . good or bad . its a pity some promoters and high flying people dont read it on a regular bases and wake up and smell the coffee ..

anyone that would like a copy of Mr Whiteheads legal letter is welcome , contact via pm for more details . worth every penny for the cost of an envelope and a stamp !

cheers J 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Well after a few days of thinking here is my thoughts on Redcar v Scunthorpe 

On my first visit to the Bears home I was impressed with the Facilties and the race track . On the team strengths for the night that was primarily the fault of the Redcar promoters and they came out and gave the version of the facts and admitted a short term loss with a long term gain with regards the Erik Riss signing .

The racing was very good on a well prepared track and for Redcar MPT ,Wrighty and Greaves were outstanding with Jake Allen and Ben Barker the top men for the Scorpions.When Riss signed I was more shocked with the 2 pt rider Tom Woolley to accompany him surely there is better options out there for the  Bears. 

It was always going to be a tough ask , for the Bears to give Scunny a scare but they did and ran out of riders in the end especially after the woeful effort at Newcastle the Sunday before

As a speedway fan Redcar didn’t need to do a £2 reduction on admission so as a speedway fan I put the £2 reduction into the raffle 

Now for the the negatives

The track announcer getting cheap shots in about his beloved Newcastle Diamond the week  

On the terraces there was a lot of banter between the fans which was good hearted until Redcar ran out of steam then it become threatening and abusive .

I was visiting with approx 12 Scunny fans including my 80 yr old father who took me to Hull Vikings as a 5 yr old many years ago and got me interested  in Speedway 

Its the first track I’ve visited we’re drinking is to excess

As we left the terraces one yob shouted 

“HOPE YOU DIE ON THE WAY HOME IN A CAR CRASH “

This was the final straw as I will not put into the Coffers of the Redcar Promotion when there is idiots like that 

Yes I’m Scunny fan  but its not win at all costs and go to watch good close racing with riders putting there lives at risk for our entertainment, usually in a good atmosphere .

So unfortunately I won’t be visiting this track again and putting money into there promotion 

From

One very disgruntled speedway fan

• Like 3

Hi Tosh, sorry to hear you were abused by someone at redcar, I have been there 6 times and have found them very welcoming people, in fact I normally stand near the same Redcar fans every time and we have a bit of good natured banter. Now me not having any abuse doesnt take away from your experience (hopefully only 1 or 2 saddo's which every club has) but I just thought I had to put down in writing my experience to give some balance.

As for the meeting, I really didnt enjoy it, we should have won and did but Redcar ran us close with a very weakened team, i was a bag of nerves throughout :D But I think it was a cracking meeting for the home fans with every win giving something to cheer for. Of the 6 times I've been up that blooming A19 South has been closed for 3 of them including after this meeting, interesting journey round the wilds of York!

• Like 1

Tractors out FIVE times....

Not much overtaking in the heats.

Can't see why people thought the Redcar team would be weak with MPT and Charles Wright in.

Good result though.

Imagine how great Auty would be if he could gate.

Sounds nice and loud in the stand.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, sharpandroid said:

Tractors out FIVE times....

Not much overtaking in the heats.

Can't see why people thought the Redcar team would be weak with MPT and Charles Wright in.

Good result though.

Imagine how great Auty would be if he could gate.

Sounds nice and loud in the stand.

With two national league riders AND r/r, Redcar were weak!

20 minutes ago, foamfence said:

With two national league riders AND r/r, Redcar were weak!

only one NL rider in truth,the other is there due to team averages,and one could argue RR scored a fair score with 8 points

15 minutes ago, montie said:

only one NL rider in truth,the other is there due to team averages,and one could argue RR scored a fair score with 8 points

Is Rathbone actually a NL rider? Woolley seems to be in and out of teams as well. Anyway it was just a blip, Redcar will certainly finish higher than Scunthorpe by the end of the season.

46 minutes ago, montie said:

No, in truth, eight points is not a fair reflection, on Jordan Stewarts potential score. He has been well in double figures in all his recent home meetings, regularly outscoring Charles and MPT. The other rider, (non national league standard allegedly) ,  had never ridden Redcar before. In contradiction, to the Scunthorpe team managers, version of events in the BSPA site, (where Scunthorpe won with all the odds against them). The Scunthorpe team, had infinitely more experience of the Redcar track, than some of the home team. It is the fairest track in the league and some of the Scunthorpe riders, perform as well there, if not better than at Scunthorpe. I congratulate Scunthorpe on their victory, but lets not make it out to be an overwhelming performance.

• Like 3

On 7/13/2019 at 10:35 AM, Barrow Boy 2 said:

Riders who are missing due to having to ride in a league which is not covered by the normal guest rider rule should be reconsiderd. It is the paying public that suffers and what about clubs needing to field teams that are considered to be of competitive strengths. Does this requirement no longer apply? Perhaps the rule that only allows a BNL 6 pointer should be changed to allow at least a BCL 6 pointer should be considered. Thoughts anyone?

i had similar thoughts of the team with missing rider being allowed a guest for maybe half or an agreed percentage of the missing rider`s average , got to be better than a 2pt rider in place of basically a number and lets be honest this only time it crops up when it is the number one thats missing , but the fans are bottom of the table in the bspa eyes sorry godfrey`s

Edited by homer