British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Sings4Speedway

MSDL Results no longer included in Speedway Star?

2 hours ago, iris123 said:

Also have to hunt to find the truth

For instance someone on this thread posted that they had no interest in the MSDL, even though they have posted a number of times on this thread. That post subsequently disappeared !!!

Quite like the thread they started a number of weeks back asking if the MSDL was a development league, I think it was. Maybe it wasn't. But it also makes me wonder how on anther thread the poster say's it is the first time he has come here since February, obviously forgetting the thread that disappeared and his almost daily visits:D

It's a strange world innit

I did once ask  earlier in the year probably in February if the National League was a Development League and was pooh-poohed for my comment. I was assured that such was not the case. The attached SGB Link possibly clarifies that situation. However I have no recollection of making a similar query in regard to the MSDL.

https://www.speedwaygb.co.uk

Edited by Guest

10 minutes ago, gustix said:

I did once ask  earlier in the year probably in February if the National League was a Development League and was pooh-poohed for my comment. I was assured that such was not the case. The attached SGB Link possibly clarifies that situation. However I have no recollection of making a similar query in regard to the MSDL.

https://www.speedwaygb.co.uk

I believe you said it shouldnt be called the national league if it was a development league if i recall correctly ?  You were rightly chastised by many for your pompous comments.  

Also i do wish you would stop wittering on about the inclusion of results etc and the notion of it bringing/not bringing more subscribers to the Star.   It's not about that.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, The Doctor... said:

Also i do wish you would stop wittering on about the inclusion of results etc and the notion of it bringing/not bringing more subscribers to the Star.   It's not about that.

I see the thread title as follows. If that's not the thread theme then what is?

Just now, gustix said:

I see the thread title as follows. If that's not the thread theme then what is?

Are you ok in the head today ?  Correct that's the thread and i've not queried that at all.

It's not Would MSDL results bring more subscribers to the Star    which is what you've mentioned twice at least

• Like 1

15 hours ago, The Doctor... said:

I believe you said it shouldnt be called the national league if it was a development league if i recall correctly ?  You were rightly chastised by many for your pompous comments.  

I wanted to emphasise that a genuine National League should typify the best teams available in a country. On the other hand the description National DEVELOPMENT League is in order as it is a nationwide collective of lower status teams being groomed for higher grade competition.

Edited by Guest

10 hours ago, moxey63 said:

Only when you have researched for speedway history do you realise the chance to recall some matches have been lost for good, because magazines of the day failed their job.  

I know we have the internet now, and results are online. But the results that nobody can find, which magazines of the day failed to include, will always be lost.   

In all fairness, I feel that the majority of the blame should fall on the authorities rather than independent magazines.  Certainly as far as "official" meetings sanctioned by a governing body, and counting toward an "official" competition, then the said governing body should be the ones to provide official records.  Unfortunately, we know we can't rely on that either...

Steve

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, gustix said:

I wanted to emphasis that a genuine National League should typify the best teams available in a country. On the other hand the description National DEVELOPMENT League is in order as it is a nationwide collective of lower status teams being groomed for higher grade competition.

In YOUR opinion.  There are many sports where a "National League" is not the highest level of competition, or even an official competition.  The definition of a "National League" should surely be a competition that is open to teams (or individual) on a nationwide basis.

Is a "National" league really superior to a "British" league?  Or a "Premier" league? Or an "Elite" League?

Looking at the world's most popular sport, how many "National" leagues are there?  The strongest domestic leagues include Premier League, Bundesliga (Federal League), the Ligue de  Football Professionel, etc.  Even those under the umbrella of a "National" league system (which usually consists of multiple levels), they are not usually called by the term "National League".  Yet you maintain that a "genuine National League should typify the best teams available in the country."...

Steve

• Like 1

Fair comment chunky. Your definitions are acceptable.

19 minutes ago, gustix said:

Fair comment chunky. Your definitions are acceptable.

Blimey, your definitions are acceptable Chunky - Gustix has allowed them...  good grief.

1 hour ago, gustix said:

I wanted to emphasis that a genuine National League should typify the best teams available in a country. On the other hand the description National DEVELOPMENT League is in order as it is a nationwide collective of lower status teams being groomed for higher grade competition.

Nonsense. 

Wow! Still having more problems with the forum, eh? All these posts disappearing... :blink: Where, oh where, can they be? Any idea, Mr. H???

• Like 2

Not only that Steve lately for some unknown reason you cannot access this forum online as my browser cannot locate the site it is all very strange.

9 hours ago, chunky said:

Wow! Still having more problems with the forum, eh? All these posts disappearing... :blink: Where, oh where, can they be? Any idea, Mr. H???

48 minutes ago, Robbie B said:

Not only that Steve lately for some unknown reason you cannot access this forum online as my browser cannot locate the site it is all very strange.

Why are general forum queries now appearing in this thread? I deviated previously and was reminded the topic was "MSDL Results no longer included in Speedway Star?"

Edited by Guest
spelling error

1 hour ago, Robbie B said:

Try to search for this Link - it may help you Robbie B: http://speedway-forum.co.uk

Many thanks for this link I have updated my favourites and hopefully it will resolve the issue I have been having for the past few weeks.

It not only the Speedway Star where these results are missing. The speedway GB website may list the result of a match, but there sadly is very few details about these meetings.

Edited by Robbie B
  • Like 1