British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Paulco

Glasgow v Birmingham CL 12/7/19 @19-30

Whilst annoying for many (especially the home promotion) most continental grass/longtracks are contracted now and very difficult for riders to get out of once signed up (and certainly hurts future bookings) so if Adam took the booking prior to signing for Brum its fair enough he misses the fixture. What everyone is tiring of is the non stop BS reasons that Birmingham are issuing. Rogers has a reputation on nonsense so its about time the Mason's stood up and were open and honest otherwise they will end up tarnished with the same dodgy brush.

9 minutes ago, Tapeworm said:

Why R/R for James?

i think his girlfriend is about to give birth , best of luck to them both.

15 hours ago, Argos said:

Well more lies by Main Man, He says Ellis will not be riding for “Personal Reasons” When In fact he’s riding in a Grass Track in France, More ridiculous than Electric Gate, 

And James Shane’s 

• Confused 1

13 hours ago, Paulco said:

I remember Peter Waite giving two Polish riders an ultimatum when Berwick were due at Glasgow one year . They had said they were riding in Poland , Waite told them to be at Glasgow or dont come back . One of them , Piotr Dym,  never rode for the Bandits again . 

That doesn't seem to happen anymore , riders can basically please themselves these days . No club loyalty from Birmingham's number 1 here .

To be fair to Ellis (and Riss) they are fulfilling commitments which were arranged presumably long before signing up in the Championship, the onus has to be on the governing body to either block their signings or work to rearrange fixtures so that they are always available. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Tapeworm said:

Why R/R for James?

His partner was due her baby on Monday, 

2 hours ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Whilst annoying for many (especially the home promotion) most continental grass/longtracks are contracted now and very difficult for riders to get out of once signed up (and certainly hurts future bookings) so if Adam took the booking prior to signing for Brum its fair enough he misses the fixture. What everyone is tiring of is the non stop BS reasons that Birmingham are issuing. Rogers has a reputation on nonsense so its about time the Mason's stood up and were open and honest otherwise they will end up tarnished with the same dodgy brush.

If Adam had this booked before joining the Brummies then fair enough as you say but the club should have looked at all his commitments prior to signing him. Its really poor to just come out with 'personal reasons' which was stated prior to him racing for Swindon last night, wouldnt he have missed that meeting for personal reasons aswell!!:rolleyes: Its clearly in my eyes the club did not realise he was missing tonight until recently and are trying to cover their backs. I hate to be constantly negative about the club but situations like this are poor.

Im sure all the Brummies riders tonight will try their best, but its so disappointing  for the sport that a meeting like this is taking place. What about any Brummies fans that have spent alot of money, maybe hundreds on travel, hotels and then look at side we are taking there. What about the Glasgow fans that are spending £20 plus on admission/programme, food/drink etc to see what is going to be a heavily one sided match. Its not good.

Edited by Brummie Kev
  • Like 1

Ride in Britain full time or don't ride in Britain at all, I think that's fair enough.

• Like 6

11 minutes ago, tyretrax said:

Ride in Britain full time or don't ride in Britain at all, I think that's fair enough.

So you want no riders to ride in the UK then..  Would be the death of UK speedway this idea 

7 hours ago, cityrebel said:

Promoters couldn't give a monkeys about the away line ups, unless you are one of the few that have ambitions about winning something. The home meetings are the ones that matter, when it comes to balancing the books at the end of the season. How can Glasgow be expected to sell tonights meeting to the paying public.

Sell it with spiel like they always do .. ooppss .

Shanes is listed to be in the same grass track meeting as Ellis unless that has changed due to his partner being due.

1 minute ago, Mr Blobby said:

Shanes is listed to be in the same grass track meeting as Ellis unless that has changed due to his partner being due.

Talking about Sarjeant his partner is due and it is r/r for him.

2 minutes ago, Gazc said:

Talking about Sarjeant his partner is due and it is r/r for him.

I see, well in that case how can Shanes do Glasgow and France yet Ellis can’t, makes it look even more daft.

3 minutes ago, Mr Blobby said:

I see, well in that case how can Shanes do Glasgow and France yet Ellis can’t, makes it look even more daft.

I have no idea it becomes more farcical by the day.

• Like 1