British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Paulco

Glasgow v Birmingham CL 12/7/19 @19-30

Birmingham quoting "personal reasons"....wonder if he has cut his finger wiring the mythical Pits plug?

Well more lies by Main Man, He says Ellis will not be riding for “Personal Reasons” When In fact he’s riding in a Grass Track in France, More ridiculous than Electric Gate, 

Think the fans are starting feel they are being treated like mugs these days and voting with their feet.To many Promoters thinking fans should just turn up and pay at the gate when they decide to hold a  meeting ,well it just ain’t happening.

• Like 7

What is interesting to me is Birmingham quickly cancel their home meeting when Ellis wasn’t available because it would effect their home gate but are willing to go to Glasgow because they won’t lose out financially .Poor imo

• Like 3

Will be interested to see the difference in the crowd tomorrow night. 

I remember Peter Waite giving two Polish riders an ultimatum when Berwick were due at Glasgow one year . They had said they were riding in Poland , Waite told them to be at Glasgow or dont come back . One of them , Piotr Dym,  never rode for the Bandits again . 

That doesn't seem to happen anymore , riders can basically please themselves these days . No club loyalty from Birmingham's number 1 here .

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Paulco said:

I remember Peter Waite giving two Polish riders an ultimatum when Berwick were due at Glasgow one year . They had said they were riding in Poland , Waite told them to be at Glasgow or dont come back . One of them , Piotr Dym,  never rode for the Bandits again . 

That doesn't seem to happen anymore , riders can basically please themselves these days . No club loyalty from Birmingham's number 1 here .

There is no loyalty from most riders these days ,it’s just another day in another country earning some money for most of them.Im sure there is not 100% effort in a lot of cases.

ps 

Pepe Franc turned up at Glasgow that day.:t:

Edited by Fromafar

9 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

There is no loyalty from most riders these days ,it’s just another day in another country earning some money for most of them.Im sure there is not 100% effort in a lot of cases.

ps 

Pepe Franc turned up at Glasgow that day.:t:

Adam Pietrasko was the other rider who was warned,  he did ride at Glasgow that day 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Paulco said:

Adam Pietrasko was the other rider who was warned,  he did ride at Glasgow that day 

Must have my dates confused, but I know Pepe was given the ultimatum for a meeting At Glasgow and he turned up.

1 minute ago, Fromafar said:

Must have my dates confused, but I know Pepe was given the ultimatum for a meeting At Glasgow and he turned up.

You're probably right , one thing is for sure Peter Waite wouldn't have put witb " I can't ride on Friday , I'm grasstracking in France " 

Birmingham arent in a position of strength here and the balance of power rests with the rider. Ellis doesnt need CL speedway, its Birmingham who need him as he solved their No1 crisis when few others would or could. If they were to give him the bullet because of this it would be of little consequence to him but a major inconvenience to the them.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, MD said:

Birmingham arent in a position of strength here and the balance of power rests with the rider. Ellis doesnt need CL speedway, its Birmingham who need him as he solved their No1 crisis when few others would or could. If they were to give him the bullet because of this it would be of little consequence to him but a major inconvenience to the them.

I thought they had to double up to make ends meet?:blink:

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, tyretrax said:

I thought they had to double up to make ends meet?:blink:

He is grasstracking, doing Swindon and riding in Denmark as well. Doing CL speedway seems to make him regularly double booked!

8 hours ago, Fromafar said:

What is interesting to me is Birmingham quickly cancel their home meeting when Ellis wasn’t available because it would effect their home gate but are willing to go to Glasgow because they won’t lose out financially .Poor imo

Promoters couldn't give a monkeys about the away line ups, unless you are one of the few that have ambitions about winning something. The home meetings are the ones that matter, when it comes to balancing the books at the end of the season. How can Glasgow be expected to sell tonights meeting to the paying public.