British Speedway Forum
waco

Nice 2valve challenge IOW 11th july

3 hours ago, Halifaxtiger said:

Plenty of good coverage of this meeting on th Warriors website and Facebook page.

Was a good meeting not really a fan of individual events but this was good.

• Like 1

On 7/12/2019 at 7:49 AM, cityrebel said:

That is a scandalous decision from Godfrey, kick the IOW promotion in the nuts like he did Lakeside and Workington last year. No wonder British speedway is on its knees. Self interest governs the sport in this country.

Thought speedway rider's are self employed and therefore it would be their decision. 

Yes, but you are forgetting the motto of serial posters on the BSF here, " Et nunquam adepto in via bona facta gemitumque dedere cavernae.".  

• Like 1

On 7/12/2019 at 5:58 AM, OveFundinFan said:

Any comments on the quality of the racing?  Did it detract, add or neutral the fact everyone was on 2 valvers? 

Would love to see that trial at BV, but from what people say IOW is a decent track, just a faff to get to it.

It's not really a faff to get to the Island.... its does take a little longer for sure, but other than that, travelling to the island is a pretty good experience. I do it every week and while for me I probably really dislike the additional wait in the ferry terminals for the occassional traveller its all part of a wonderful experience and for those who do it weekly, and there are around 30 of them, its says something of the product they see to warrant the continual travel over the solent.

Should you make it over, be sure to grab me (always in yellow and blue) and I will ensure, like everyone else, you have  great time.

All the best

Barry

• Like 5

I hope we get the chance to see these engines being used ontrack a wee bit further north.

41097896_2328276717188527_8319177560147623936_n (1).jpg

• Like 3

It looks more magnificent then todays lay down engine.

Bring it back, racing will be just as good but cheaper. Sometimes progress can be a step backward.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, barrybishop said:

It's not really a faff to get to the Island.... its does take a little longer for sure, but other than that, travelling to the island is a pretty good experience. I do it every week and while for me I probably really dislike the additional wait in the ferry terminals for the occassional traveller its all part of a wonderful experience and for those who do it weekly, and there are around 30 of them, its says something of the product they see to warrant the continual travel over the solent.

Should you make it over, be sure to grab me (always in yellow and blue) and I will ensure, like everyone else, you have  great time.

All the best

Barry

Shame I had to shoot straight after meeting. Ferry calling.

Dont get the opportunity that often Poole meeting same night.

Would have come over to congratulate you personally.

12 hours ago, Topcat said:

I hope we get the chance to see these engines being used ontrack a wee bit further north.

Now THAT's a 2-valve, this dude knows what he is about and has got it going on.  Looking forward to seeing pics from the Nice IOW individ meet....

• Like 1

16 hours ago, sugarray said:

Shame I had to shoot straight after meeting. Ferry calling.

Dont get the opportunity that often Poole meeting same night.

Would have come over to congratulate you personally.

Thanks very much... seems the feedback for it has been tremendous so far... and it certainly shows there is a desire from us all to continue the exploration. Hopefully see you trackside again. All the best

• Like 1

1 hour ago, barrybishop said:

Thanks very much... seems the feedback for it has been tremendous so far... and it certainly shows there is a desire from us all to continue the exploration. Hopefully see you trackside again. All the best

When you say 'us all' Barry, is it the BSPA as a collective or just your team on the IOW you refer to?

If it is the BSPA as a collective it would finally mean realisation has dawned and something does need to be done for the greater good of the Sports initial short term survival, and then longer term development in this country..

And that could be great news..

However, I do fear those words 'vested' and 'interest' will always be lurking somewhere in the back ground, to be dragged out when one, or more, of the more influential characters needs them to maintain what we have presently..

As always though, well done for, once again, being at the forefront of some new thinking, and taking those vitally important risks that are needed to continually improve and evolve..

13 minutes ago, mikebv said:

When you say 'us all' Barry, is it the BSPA as a collective or just your team on the IOW you refer to?

If it is the BSPA as a collective it would finally mean realisation has dawned and something does need to be done for the greater good of the Sports initial short term survival, and then longer term development in this country..

And that could be great news..

However, I do fear those words 'vested' and 'interest' will always be lurking somewhere in the back ground, to be dragged out when one, or more, of the more influential characters needs them to maintain what we have presently..

As always though, well done for, once again, being at the forefront of some new thinking, and taking those vitally important risks that are needed to continually improve and evolve..

Ah... I am afraid that when I said "us all" I meant those in attendance on Thursday who saw some really entertaining action, heart stopping moments, and really a night of close racing, elbowsm, track craft and throttle control, all on a level playing field for each rider.

From my perspective, I (Martin and I) will continue to work with NICE on this project and will attend a washup meeting with them soon along with discussions on what comes next. I see this as being format as a great opportunity for the sport and while there is much work to be done, in my view it has the potential longevity and that warrants further exploration in a controlled way. Furthermore, these next stage experiments must have some kind of control and reference points so that a comparison can be made. This means it cannot be simple as to put an entire league on the engines.. but I do have ideas that I will be discussing with NICE over the coming weeks about how we can take it further and then present that final idea to the higher authority. However, as a standalone event we will be doing it again for sure and at least once.......  :)

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

23 hours ago, Mr Ore said:

Yes, but you are forgetting the motto of serial posters on the BSF here, " Et nunquam adepto in via bona facta gemitumque dedere cavernae.".  

Forgetting it? Don't understand it. Never mind. 

• Haha 1

On 7/15/2019 at 12:05 PM, RS50 said:

Forgetting it? Don't understand it. Never mind. 

I quit my job in the sausage stringing factory.  I just couldn't make ends meet! 

Never let the truth get in the way of a good story :D

Just watched the Ht11 video, a good race but I was a bit disappointed to see that they were lay downs.

Edited by tyretrax

On 7/14/2019 at 1:21 PM, Topcat said:

Would love to see them at Redcar.

• Like 1