British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Normski

Berwick Bandits v Leicester Lions CL 13-7-19 @7-00pm

1 hour ago, sparks123 said:

Does the website not say Berwick are back to full strength tonight?  Thought it said that on the facebook page when skimming through earlier.

It does indeed, that must mean that NB Jacobsen is racing though just to be on the safe side I'd count the rider's in the pits before hand as I thought they were only going to add up to six.

Maybe Seb Alden has brought a bike with him.:D

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, screm said:

It does indeed, that must mean that NB Jacobsen is racing though just to be on the safe side I'd count the rider's in the pits before hand as I thought they were only going to add up to six.

That was supposed to be tonight's big special surprise announcement and you've gone and blown it

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, alang said:

That was supposed to be tonight's big special surprise announcement and you've gone and blown it

ooooooops :oops::oops:

5 hours ago, Barrow Boy 2 said:

Hope they don't upset the same Berwick fans by standing in their usual spot like they shamefully did last time. I understand from those involved that Stewards were asked to move them 

Think you’re exaggerating that a fair bit but never mind, looked like the Berwick fans were just trying to put their flags up and the Leicester fans were refusing to let them? Although did find it odd that the away fans went to the 3rd bend in the first place, every other team seems to go on back straight as a group for room.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, allthegearbutnaeidea said:

Think you’re exaggerating that a fair bit but never mind, looked like the Berwick fans were just trying to put their flags up and the Leicester fans were refusing to let them? Although did find it odd that the away fans went to the 3rd bend in the first place, every other team seems to go on back straight as a group for room.

Thank you that is basically what happened. The flags are up every week, but this time a few Lions fans were being a bit awkward when one of our group was trying to put them up.

2 hours ago, screm said:

Just been walking the hounds and NBJ definitely there with  bikes. r/r was mentioned on one of the blogs but he must be well enough to ride.

5 minutes ago, Normski said:

Just been walking the hounds and NBJ definitely there with  bikes. r/r was mentioned on one of the blogs but he must be well enough to ride.

I certainly hope he is okay to ride. 

17 minutes ago, Bandit59 said:

I certainly hope he is okay to ride. 

Indeed especially with an appendix removal. A guy I once worked with was off work 4 weeks with a bust flask

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Normski said:

Indeed especially with an appendix removal. A guy I once worked with was off work 4 weeks with a bust flask

Yes, but with internal problems like that, you sometimes have to replace the whole body,,, whereas you don't really need an appendix, unless you're gonna start eating grass.

looks like jye is riding very well 7+1 from 3 rides. looks like he was unfortunate to have his foot caught in chain with first turn incident. jye always gives 100%, need to look at other riders who are not

On ‎7‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 4:24 PM, screm said:

Away win for me by something similar to the cup semi a few weeks ago. I think lack of race winners will be our un-doing.

well done rong again mmmmm

Dany Gappmaier, who would have thunk it? Well that was a bloody good meeting. Never seen anybody work so hard for so little reward as Scott Nicholls did tonight. He had five races, only one of those featuring a pass, but they were five excellent races none the less. Decent atmosphere created by the travelling Leicester fans, always makes for a better meeting when there is a bit of travelling support. Good to see all the riders walk away from that crash in heat 9 it looked a nasty one. All in all a cracking win for Berwick tonight.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, topsoil said:

Dany Gappmaier, who would have thunk it? Well that was a bloody good meeting. Never seen anybody work so hard for so little reward as Scott Nicholls did tonight. He had five races, only one of those featuring a pass, but they were five excellent races none the less. Decent atmosphere created by the travelling Leicester fans, always makes for a better meeting when there is a bit of travelling support. Good to see all the riders walk away from that crash in heat 9 it looked a nasty one. All in all a cracking win for Berwick tonight.

Very enjoyable meeting onwards and upwards to the rebels next week 

On a different subject I’m rather enjoying Mr Barrie back on centre green

missed the auld bugger

• Like 2
  • Sad 1