British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Normski

Berwick Bandits v Leicester Lions CL 13-7-19 @7-00pm

1 minute ago, arnieg said:

Only one bonafide pass in the meeting - Nicholls on NBJ in ht 13.

Jeez, do we have to grade passing as bona fide now?   Topsoil gave other examples, and there was plenty going on to make it a good show.  As for the complaint about Dany's max being 'gate and go' - - how did Doug Wyer, Wayne Brown, Adrian Rymel or Seb Alden score their many maximums? 

• Like 1

Difference being Rymel and Alden weren’t one track ponys. Rymel in particular could ride most tracks . 

No idea about the other two named . 

Gappmaier would be perfect as a lower second string in a side with a couple of top riders and a solid third heatleader who could carry him however as the side is built on strength in depth , his away showings are no good for Berwick . 

6 minutes ago, Pinny said:

Difference being Rymel and Alden weren’t one track ponys. Rymel in particular could ride most tracks . 

Gappmaier would be perfect as a lower second string in a side with a couple of top riders and a solid third heatleader who could carry him however as the side is built on strength in depth , his away showings are no good for Berwick . 

The late great Wayne Brown wasn't the greatest gater in the world but he could pass riders for fun. Another rider that was capable of scoring points on any track. 

• Like 1

On 7/14/2019 at 8:16 AM, Fromafar said:

Just tell it as I see it,if you see it differently that’s fair enough by me.:t:

As you say, you see t as it is, which is usually as it was, others, see it through rose tinted glasses :t:

For what its worth I enjoyed Saturday`s meeting as IMO I got value for money and that's all I ask for, I look forward to more of the same this week hopefully. Decent racing and a surprise home win. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, crescent girl said:

Jeez, do we have to grade passing as bona fide now?   Topsoil gave other examples, and there was plenty going on to make it a good show.  As for the complaint about Dany's max being 'gate and go' - - how did Doug Wyer, Wayne Brown, Adrian Rymel or Seb Alden score their many maximums? 

Just to hold my hands up and apologise. That quote describes the Leicester v Berwick match, not the Berwick v Leicester match.

Oops

8 minutes ago, arnieg said:

Just to hold my hands up and apologise. That quote describes the Leicester v Berwick match, not the Berwick v Leicester match.

Oops

But you was right... the only pass after b3 l1 in Berwick v Leicester was Nicholls on NBJ it’s just that it was in ht11 at Berwick 

29 minutes ago, arnieg said:

Oops

An apology on the BSF?       Are you sure you're on the correct forum?       Most times, when a poster makes a wee error on here they say nowt and disappear for a week.     Well done!

31 minutes ago, crescent girl said:

An apology on the BSF?       Are you sure you're on the correct forum?       Most times, when a poster makes a wee error on here they say nowt and disappear for a week.     Well done!

Rich coming from you :lol:

• Haha 1

On ‎7‎/‎14‎/‎2019 at 9:14 AM, Shadders said:

Thoroughly enjoyable meeting. Not a pass fest, but some good close racing. Scott Nicholls is pure box office when he misses the start. I’m always happy to see ex Rockets racing at Berwick and the noisy away support added to the occasion. 

It would have been much louder but we were not allowed to use air horns.

33 minutes ago, W9 Lion said:

Part of the planning rules that allow speedway at Berwick

• Like 1

4 hours ago, crescent girl said:

Always wondered why you disappeared every now and then :party:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, W9 Lion said:

You were very welcome, and we hope you enjoyed the trip.      As Screm has said, air-horns are not allowed under planning regulations, and if their absence consolidates that permission, then that's that.        Aren't they a bit passe nowadays, anyway?

Stewart Dickson's post-match analysis was very fair, and made no excuses. 

All in all, apart from the dreadful Heat 10 crash, a really good night out, I thought.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Pinny said:

Adrian, I think scored heavily in almost ALL away matches in 2008. Usual exceptions being Edinburgh and Rye House although I remember Adrian getting 14 against a very strong Monarchs septet in the PL

Whatever was in those bikes was dynamite. Sadly he didn't replicate that same form when he returned in 2010.

Edited by Robinh88