British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Normski

Berwick Bandits v Leicester Lions CL 13-7-19 @7-00pm

I had a really good Night like others have said it was value for Money and that is all I look for hopefully some of the same this Saturday ..

12 hours ago, Pinny said:

Difference being Rymel and Alden weren’t one track ponys. Rymel in particular could ride most tracks . 

No idea about the other two named . 

Gappmaier would be perfect as a lower second string in a side with a couple of top riders and a solid third heatleader who could carry him however as the side is built on strength in depth , his away showings are no good for Berwick . 

Knob

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, allthegearbutnaeidea said:

But you was right... the only pass after b3 l1 in Berwick v Leicester was Nicholls on NBJ it’s just that it was in ht11 at Berwick 

So passes only count if they take place on certain parts of the track now? 

13 hours ago, balderdash&piffle said:

As you say, you see t as it is, which is usually as it was, others, see it through rose tinted glasses :t:

The way I saw it, there was at least four bloody good races, all featuring Scott Nicholls, all very close at high speed, it takes a hell of a lot of skill and courage to do that. But that doesn't fit in with your views, so it's not telling it like it is (in my view), it's rose tinted glasses. Opinions, we all have them. 

13 hours ago, balderdash&piffle said:

As you say, you see t as it is, which is usually as it was, others, see it through rose tinted glasses :t:

Do you sell them kind of glasses in your shop ? Could do with a pair 

12 hours ago, fairplay1 said:

I had a really good Night like others have said it was value for Money and that is all I look for hopefully some of the same this Saturday ..

Careful, you're not supposed to say things like that on here, you'll be labelled a sympathiser. If you want to fit in with the locals, stick to phrases like "lack of entertainment", "no value for money" or "rider X must go".

At the risk of sounding like Basil Fawlty "don't mention you had a good night, I mentioned it once, but I think I got away with it"

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, topsoil said:

So passes only count if they take place on certain parts of the track now? 

Well considering 4 riders start at the tapes together, there’s going to be passes on the first lap due to lower standard riders making good gates, like Leon, but once they’re passed bend 3 of the first lap, very very few riders can actually pass on that track. If you enjoyed that meeting because Nicholls followed Gappmaier, Summers, Doolan and Etheridge and passed NBJ and Coty once you should try going to some away meetings/different tracks! You’re a positive lad but you’ll be even more positive about Speedway then! Treat yourself it’ll be worth it

On 7/15/2019 at 9:31 AM, screm said:

For what its worth I enjoyed Saturday`s meeting as IMO I got value for money and that's all I ask for, I look forward to more of the same this week hopefully. Decent racing and a surprise home win. 

Well said    Pity several posters on the Berwick pages these days have lot to say and be critical of but dont even attend.  Its what it is sadly and could this year be last at Berwick? Who knows.  Its never perfect at Berwick with track shape but can you see it changing?

15 hours ago, fairplay1 said:

When you say something Alf, you say it as it is, so from you I am more inclined to believe it :t:

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Catch Me If You Can said:

Well said    Pity several posters on the Berwick pages these days have lot to say and be critical of but dont even attend.  Its what it is sadly and could this year be last at Berwick? Who knows.  Its never perfect at Berwick with track shape but can you see it changing?

Remember, the track has been the same shape for roughly 50 years

2 hours ago, topsoil said:

Careful, you're not supposed to say things like that on here, you'll be labelled a sympathiser. If you want to fit in with the locals, stick to phrases like "lack of entertainment", "no value for money" or "rider X must go".

At the risk of sounding like Basil Fawlty "don't mention you had a good night, I mentioned it once, but I think I got away with it"

To be honest I always tell it how I see it and I have said on more than one occasion that it was boring. But Saturday was an entertaining Meeting and the two lads I stand with thought the same. Like I say hopefully more of the same this Week.

6 minutes ago, balderdash&piffle said:

When you say something Alf, you say it as it is, so from you I am more inclined to believe it :t:

Yeah I was happy on Saturday Taffy:t:

4 hours ago, balderdash&piffle said:

Remember, the track has been the same shape for roughly 50 years

Did I not read that it was longer and narrower in early days and bikes no where near as powerful?  Maybe if you know the track people there go in and offer your advices on best way forward on preperation? Just an idea they may welcome input

26 minutes ago, Catch Me If You Can said:

Did I not read that it was longer and narrower in early days and bikes no where near as powerful?  Maybe if you know the track people there go in and offer your advices on best way forward on preperation? Just an idea they may welcome input

I thought it was the other way, where now it is narrower now than before due to when they introduced dog racing at Shielfield.