British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Normski

Berwick Bandits v Leicester Lions CL 13-7-19 @7-00pm

1 minute ago, screm said:

I thought it was the other way, where now it is narrower now than before due to when they introduced dog racing at Shielfield.

Track was wider before they were put out of Shielfield. Brick wall on 1st & 2nd bend was not there then, plus no 2 metre fence so straights were wider as well. I lap of the track then was 440yds.Starting gate also further back, in line with tunnel footie players appear from.

• Like 2

On ‎7‎/‎15‎/‎2019 at 3:40 PM, crescent girl said:

You were very welcome, and we hope you enjoyed the trip.      As Screm has said, air-horns are not allowed under planning regulations, and if their absence consolidates that permission, then that's that.        Aren't they a bit passe nowadays, anyway?  Nonsense - they just add to the fun and atmosphere but I totally understand the PP aspect. Try the h&s that Leicester Council makes us go through.

Stewart Dickson's post-match analysis was very fair, and made no excuses. He generally is fair. 

All in all, apart from the dreadful Heat 10 crash, a really good night out, I thought. Berwick is my favourite away venue. I love the size of the track, the elevated viewing from the third bend, the chippy down the road and the Bellhaven in the stadium. For my next visit would it be possible to arrange the following please;

1.  Dirt from the white line outwards

2.  Water the outside line before the meeting starts to provide grip to encourage passing

But I guess with the two requests I am preaching to the converted from what I have read on other Berwick threads.

43 minutes ago, W9 Lion said:

Dirt from the inside out, now there`s a novelty.:blink:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

19 minutes ago, screm said:

Dirt from the inside out, now there`s a novelty.:blink:

Look you have been told many times ,you know nothing regarding track prep,leave it to the experts:nono::D

4 hours ago, Normski said:

Track was wider before they were put out of Shielfield. Brick wall on 1st & 2nd bend was not there then, plus no 2 metre fence so straights were wider as well. I lap of the track then was 440yds.Starting gate also further back, in line with tunnel footie players appear from.

There will probably be an obvious answer but now there is no dog racing could it not be put back to where it was before the dogs were there,apart from leaving the starting gate where it is now

10 hours ago, allthegearbutnaeidea said:

Well considering 4 riders start at the tapes together, there’s going to be passes on the first lap due to lower standard riders making good gates, like Leon, but once they’re passed bend 3 of the first lap, very very few riders can actually pass on that track. If you enjoyed that meeting because Nicholls followed Gappmaier, Summers, Doolan and Etheridge and passed NBJ and Coty once you should try going to some away meetings/different tracks! You’re a positive lad but you’ll be even more positive about Speedway then! Treat yourself it’ll be worth it

I would love to follow the team away from home but commitments don't allow at the moment. One day hopefully. You're right, I am positive about Berwick speedway, basically because I enjoy my Saturday nights with friends. I often think that speedway fans must be the most negative people around. The sport is absolutely unique, speed and power up close.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Catch Me If You Can said:

Well said    Pity several posters on the Berwick pages these days have lot to say and be critical of but dont even attend.  Its what it is sadly and could this year be last at Berwick? Who knows.  Its never perfect at Berwick with track shape but can you see it changing?

Sadly this is the forum all over

5 hours ago, Catch Me If You Can said:

Did I not read that it was longer and narrower in early days and bikes no where near as powerful?  Maybe if you know the track people there go in and offer your advices on best way forward on preperation? Just an idea they may welcome input

Very easy to criticise, but very few actually come up with credible solutions

39 minutes ago, topsoil said:

Sadly this is the forum all over

Very easy to criticise, but very few actually come up with credible solutions

Think you will all Social Media  Platforms are the same ,they are about opinions. whether they differ from Yours or Mine you just have accept them.Alternative is not to read them.

1 hour ago, alang said:

There will probably be an obvious answer but now there is no dog racing could it not be put back to where it was before the dogs were there,apart from leaving the starting gate where it is now

Shows how wide track used to be. The days before 2 metre fences. 

FB_IMG_1563309490210.jpg

• Like 3

Look at that crowd, them were the days:t:

5 minutes ago, Normski said:

FB_IMG_1563309490210.jpg

Look at that crowd,them were the days.:t:

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Think you will all Social Media  Platforms are the same ,they are about opinions. whether they differ from Yours or Mine you just have accept them.Alternative is not to read them.

Social media should and can be a useful tool for providing information. Unfortunately it seems to be used mainly as a platform for moaning. 

6 minutes ago, topsoil said:

Social media should and can be a useful tool for providing information. Unfortunately it seems to be used mainly as a platform for moaning. 

That’s your opinion though and your entitled to it.A lot of what I see is fans not happy with various aspects of the sport which is taken as criticism, some of which is valid IMO.Then the participants start getting personal with each other ,which is why the topics degenerate.Unfortunately can’t see things changing in that regard .Personaly I always try to be constructive with criticism and give praise when I think is deserved.We all know the sport is struggling but remaining silent and watching the crowd dwindle is not the answer. Like I said in an earlier post I always tell it as I see it (I’m sure you are the same) and accept other posters views.I certainly don’t have any personal vendettas with other posters ,which some seem to have.

• Like 1

On 7/15/2019 at 2:26 PM, W9 Lion said:

It would have been much louder but we were not allowed to use air horns.

I assume It’s one of the stipulations the council put in to allow the Bandits a licence 

8 hours ago, Normski said:

FB_IMG_1563309490210.jpg

Health and safety would go into meltdown just looking at that photo. What Berwick speedway (and football) would give for a crowd like that these days.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Shadders said:

I assume It’s one of the stipulations the council put in to allow the Bandits a licence 

Same with music must start at a stipulated time, and bike warming as well. Yet there is 2 nightclubs opposite each other open to 4 in the morning. 

• Haha 1