British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Normski

Berwick Bandits v Leicester Lions CL 13-7-19 @7-00pm

Steve Hayward on announcing duties tonight(Dennis must have been drowning his sorrows).

45 minutes ago, Tellitasitis said:

Very enjoyable meeting onwards and upwards to the rebels next week 

On a different subject I’m rather enjoying Mr Barrie back on centre green

missed the auld bugger

Excellent post love that positivity 

Some good high speed action, but only 1 decent pass all night .Nicols deserved a medal for effort he put in every race but only past one rider all night ( NBJ).Dany G the hero for 5 gate and go’s ,had Mr Barrie wetting himself with excitement:D

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Some good high speed action, but only 1 decent pass all night .Nicols deserved a medal for effort he put in every race but only past one rider all night ( NBJ).Dany G the hero for 5 gate and go’s ,had Mr Barrie wetting himself with excitement:D

Unbelievable you really are , up the bandits 

Edited by penchev
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, penchev said:

Unbelievable you really are , up the bandits 

Just tell it as I see it,if you see it differently that’s fair enough by me.:t:

A well earned victory over tough opposition last night, but our reserves should be doing better at home .

I take it  it  was a typo in the programme saying that Jye was the captain not Kevin 

Thoroughly enjoyable meeting. Not a pass fest, but some good close racing. Scott Nicholls is pure box office when he misses the start. I’m always happy to see ex Rockets racing at Berwick and the noisy away support added to the occasion. 

Edited by Shadders
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, DSC67 said:

A well earned victory over tough opposition last night, but our reserves should be doing better at home .

I take it  it  was a typo in the programme saying that Jye was the captain not Kevin 

Yeah, Dick Barrie announced it during the parade. I assume it wasn’t removed as Kev Doolan has been at 2 for most of the season. 

Edited by Shadders
  • Like 1

Some very good racing last night if points were given  for trying Scott would have had a paid max. Coty not the rider he was in the Bordernapolis. Gap superb last night hopefully he will score a few today. That was some crash last night at 1st bend is there any news on the four? Will they be riding today. Onwards and upwards now we are above the Monarchs. Must also give a mention to young Connor Mountain very impressive. 

Edited by Bandit59

Enjoyable meeting with lots of close racing and run at a decent pace even with a nasty accident at the start of Ht10. Danny Gappmaier was the star of the night but proves just what an infuriating rider he is, hopefully we will see Danny take last nights form into today. Scott Nicholls was a joy to watch yet again at Berwick and was worth much more his 8pts and as mentioned earlier it was great to see Summers, Douglas and Bates get up after tangling at the first bend at the start of Ht10, hopefully Jye Etheridge will be able to take his place in today's match.

All in all in good meeting with value for money with an excellent turn out from Leicester.

11 hours ago, Tellitasitis said:

Very enjoyable meeting onwards and upwards to the rebels next week 

On a different subject I’m rather enjoying Mr Barrie back on centre green

missed the auld bugger

Mr Barrie announced his retirement about three seasons ago, maybe he thinks he's the Rolling Stones as they seem to have been on their farewell tour for about 25years.

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Shadders said:

Thoroughly enjoyable meeting. Not a pass fest, but some good close racing. Scott Nicholls is pure box office when he misses the start. I’m always happy to see ex Rockets racing at Berwick and the noisy away support added to the occasion. 

Another ex Rocket next week Chris  Harris.

Always value for money.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Gringo said:

Another ex Rocket next week Chris  Harris.

Always value for money.

Harris will be in Russia next Sat.