British Speedway Forum
StevePark

Newcastle vs Edinburgh KOC Semi-Final 2nd Leg. 14/07/19 @6.30pm

14 minutes ago, MANSE said:

Sorry    52  - 32  after heat 14  what does that mean Mr  Blobby

That Newcastle are winning obviously not very intelligent 

Congratulations to the Diamonds , hope it is a Redcar - Newcastle final as both teams are due a bit of success

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

There was always a little hope but that disappeared fast.   Congrats Newcastle a very strong team at home and capable of mounting a decent shot at a play off spot.  

Too many riders not riding to (or near) their potential.  

Concentrate on home form now.  Any points picked up away a bonus but focus must surely be to keep the home fans entertained.  Give Coles and Ruddick (when returns) the rest of the season with a look at next year. 

• Like 1

Just got back home and I have to congratulate BOTH teams, I've seen some good meeting in the many years going to Brough Park, but tonight probably surpassed the lot.... It basically had everything, I can honestly say if Edinburgh had pulled it off, I'd still have left the stadium feeling I'd been truly entertained,. Don't want to single any rider out in particular, but young josh Pickering take a bow son, absolutely brilliant overtakes and your 15 yard race was worth admission money itself, and a special mention to the track staff for preparing a brilliant racetrack which gave us all an excellent night of entertainment.... 

Edited by andys
  • Like 5

Well done the Diamonds , Starkey continues his winning streak against the forces of evil :D.

• Haha 2

Well done lads, what a performance, great racing, big crowd and cracking atmosphere, wouldnt it be great if it was like that every week :t:.

Josh Pickering take a bow, heat 15 match over and still rides like that :shock:

Its great going into heat 14 knowing you have Wethers and Clegg going out to bring it home.

Bring on Redcar (Hopefully!)

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Cj69 said:

Give Coles and Ruddick (when returns) the rest of the season with a look at next year. 

Before this weekend I would have agreed with that statement, but I think this weekends fixtures has shown a glimpse of the William Lawson that we hoped we were signing. 

Now that the pressure is somewhat off for the remainder of the season, if he continues scoring and popping up in big heats with a 5-1 then I think we need to give him the season to get him in good shape for next year.

and talking of good shape, I saw him in the bar after Fridays meeting and the difference from the start of the season is incredible.

BUT!!! Young Coles is an entertainer and with a season with nothing riding on it, is the kind of rider fans will still come to watch, and Luke was impressing before his injury. Definitely a tough call for the promotion.

Seen more passing tonight than just about every other meeting this season combined....

Really enjoyed the Leicester meeting  but we lost that one... this on the other hand had an Edinburgh side trying their damdest to spoil the party vocal away fans cheering their team on and we still came out on top...

Cracking meeting and satisfying result...

Brilliant... top level entertainment...

Regards 

THJ 

• Like 2

Great meeting. I’d almost pay watch Pickering go round on his own!

Terrific meeting.

That is the most nervous I've been at a speedway meeting for a very long time! Glad it's over and glad we are KOC Finalists.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, andys said:

Just got back home and I have to congratulate BOTH teams, I've seen some good meeting in the many years going to Brough Park, but tonight probably surpassed the lot.... It basically had everything, I can honestly say if Edinburgh had pulled it off, I'd still have left the stadium feeling I'd been truly entertained,. Don't want to single any rider out in particular, but young josh Pickering take a bow son, absolutely brilliant overtakes and your 15 yard race was worth admission money itself, and a special mention to the track staff for preparing a brilliant racetrack which gave us all an excellent night of entertainment.... 

Nice of you to praise the track when usually it is slagged off by the away supporters. Got to agree it was a great meeting and josh Pickering is box office. Balls of steel the way he rides the out side. I think from an Edinburgh supporters view the poor show from Wells and Palovaara  must be disappointing.

• Like 2

Great meeting, but thought we might have blown it in ht12.

Was there not a case for Heeps to go off 15mts in ht 6 after Coles had failed to clear the track ???

One of three 5-1 that turned out to be 3-3's, can't it away from Edinburgh for effort tho, or Paul Starke for his good contribution too.

Edited by ruffdiamond
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, Winditon said:

Nice of you to praise the track when usually it is slagged off by the away supporters. Got to agree it was a great meeting and josh Pickering is box office. Balls of steel the way he rides the out side. I think from an Edinburgh supporters view the poor show from Wells and Palovaara  must be disappointing.

Ermmm I'm not an away supporter lol 

• Haha 1