British Speedway Forum
StevePark

Newcastle vs Edinburgh KOC Semi-Final 2nd Leg. 14/07/19 @6.30pm

1 hour ago, Gaz said:

Well done lads, what a performance, great racing, big crowd and cracking atmosphere, wouldnt it be great if it was like that every week :t:.

Josh Pickering take a bow, heat 15 match over and still rides like that :shock:

Its great going into heat 14 knowing you have Wethers and Clegg going out to bring it home.

Bring on Redcar (Hopefully!)

Josh Pickering awesome

So the word is big big & Joel Anderson sacked by the monorvhs tonight ( that's the crack ) for Sam masters !mmm & another is this this Edinburgh panicking

5 minutes ago, pienpeesman said:

Big Vic I meant

Well, if that's true, I hope they didn't do it via text !!!

• Haha 2

14 minutes ago, pienpeesman said:

So the word is big big & Joel Anderson sacked by the monorvhs tonight ( that's the crack ) for Sam masters !mmm & another is this this Edinburgh panicking

Sam rumoured for few weeks. Don’t know if any truth in it. If so would have replaced 2 Swedes start of July. Nice lads but not worked out. When Palovaara gated he took some stopping but woeful when left . Lawson had a few good moments home and away against Diamonds but has still not delivered what he should be capable of.

• Like 1

Would like to say a big well done to Diamonds. Won fair and square over 2 legs. After Friday thought we were a few points short and so it was. Josh a fantastic shift from you tonight. Mamma Mia, SOS what has happened to the Swedes, not Napoleon that surrendered they did. Sad to see Ricky struggling, hope he can turn it around.

best wishes to George n the Diamonds for the final.Would like to see them or Redcar win it.

• Like 4

What a meeting last night if only speedway was like that every time . Cracking atmosphere well done both teams and both sets of supporters for an excellent night , and take a bow Josh Pickering what a joy to watch it was worth the entrance fee alone. Diamonds were hungry last night long may it continue 

• Like 1

First time in over 2 years back at Brough and I can only echo what others have said. Fantastic meeting with plenty of passing.Josh Pickering is very exciting to watch and his win off 15 metres was a joy to watch. The Diamonds wanted it more and rode extremely well to get the win. Also nice to catch up with some old friends. 

What a fabulous evening's entertainment. All the ingredients were there with sunshine, large crowd, decent looking track and semi final second leg to play for. And then there was Josh Pickering!! I have not enjoyed a sporting event as much as this for years. The Diamonds were definitely up for it and set about the Monarchs from the very first heat with an excellent win from Steve. Even Danny nearly came to the party with 1 point and an unlucky retirement through puncture. Every rider for the Diamonds played their part and contributed to a fine victory. Marvellous to see Matty in such tremendous form and Ulrich had a very satisfying debut and looks like he could be a first class signing.

Edinburgh certainly played their part by bringing a large contingent of supporters and a team looking to consolidate their first leg victory. Unfortunately for them Palovaara looked decidedly off the pace and Joel Andersson was a disappointment. Ricky Wells seemed a shadow of the rider who is used to excelling against us and it was left to Josh Pickering, Cameron Heeps and to a lesser extent Willie Lawson to provide the main opposition. Josh was absolutely superb!!!!!

I think also a big thanks to Paul Starke who's 7 point tally was everything we wanted from TJ's replacement. Never spectacular but his 3 second places one of which was ahead of Josh were excellent

If there were more meetings like this, the sport might start to recover!.

It would be great if the media company which covers our home meetings released some footage to Youtube to show how entertaining this sport can be at Championship level.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Diamondlil said:

Better still put the whole meeting on you tube

And kill the sales of the DVD?  Not likely to happen.

• Haha 1

Fantastic meeting and fantastic performance from both teams.  Haven't enjoyed a meeting like that for a long time.  I would have still gone home happy if we had been beaten as the meeting was fantastic.  Hats off to Clegg and Wethers for the Diamonds and Josh Pickering for the Monarchs.  I'm not sure what the criteria is for the 90th Anni meeting but send that boy an invite.  Great debut by Ulrich, looks a good addition based on that performance, had my doubts about Starke after his first ride, too much head shaking, but put on a fine show and performance.

Well done the Monarchs as well, it takes two teams to make a semi final and you certainly played your part.  Hopefully we can kick on from here.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, StevePark said:

And kill the sales of the DVD?  Not likely to happen.

Just put full meeting on a few weeks and then remove it, or put odd numbered heats or a 30 minute highlight, demonstrates the product the film crew offer and demonstrates what can be seen at Brough.

13 hours ago, ruffdiamond said:

Was there not a case for Heeps to go off 15mts in ht 6 after Coles had failed to clear the track ???

That rule has gone this year

• Thanks 1