British Speedway Forum
M.D

Sheffield v Eastbourne

Eastbourne have been poor away from Arlington so far this season so it should be an easy win for the steel men. However, Eastbourne's top end will do damage and Georgie Wood may be a trump card as a former tiger with a point to prove.. I will still go with a Sheffield win but with a few scares for Sheffield as they will need to work for the result..

With R/R again for Broc and the way Kemp is racing for the Tigers, its like a 5 man team. Going for Tigers to win by 8+.  Have seen Kemp race for Kent 4 times this year and no problems to talk about BUT at Sheffield he seems beaten before each race.

Drew's lack of speed is very apparent around Owlerton .He's not the first to join the Tigers and then struggle with lack of engine power.

52-38 or 38-52 given how up and down the Tigers can be!

Edited by Andrew

1 hour ago, M.D said:

Eastbourne have been poor away from Arlington so far this season so it should be an easy win for the steel men. However, Eastbourne's top end will do damage and Georgie Wood may be a trump card as a former tiger with a point to prove.. I will still go with a Sheffield win but with a few scares for Sheffield as they will need to work for the result..

If there is one rider with slower engines in CL than Drew Kemp it's Georgie Wood. 

Great round small tracks and OK in NL but awfully slow on 2 spells at Owlerton. I think Bowtell could do a lot more damage than Wood but with Morley in side they carry one at every Away match.

Seen Kennett is riding in France today as well so I'll go 55-35 and another big Away defeat for Eastbourne. 

49 minutes ago, HGould said:

If there is one rider with slower engines in CL than Drew Kemp it's Georgie Wood. 

Great round small tracks and OK in NL but awfully slow on 2 spells at Owlerton. I think Bowtell could do a lot more damage than Wood but with Morley in side they carry one at every Away match.

Seen Kennett is riding in France today as well so I'll go 55-35 and another big Away defeat for Eastbourne. 

I get what you're saying about Georgie Wood and his set up. Drew Kemp is mentally fragile, technically good, but question marks remain  about him and if he will fulfil his potential..

He’s 16......

• Like 1

Could be another close meeting. We miss Broc as he was the form rider. With the current team it’s season over for me. No chance of an away win from remaining meetings so hopefully we can win the remaining home meetings and finish mid table   Start again next season. 

Drew Kemp jumped up to CL too soon. He did very well for Mildenhall last year but another season of just NL with a few guest bookings in the CL might have been a wiser move than going full time with the Tigers.

Drew is a good lad with plenty of potential but for me his equipment is not suited to Sheffield   On better equipment he’d be fine        His engines just arnt quick enough so he needs a word with his sponsors.  Hope he bangs in the points tomorrow or we may struggle 

5 hours ago, M.D said:

I get what you're saying about Georgie Wood and his set up. Drew Kemp is mentally fragile, technically good, but question marks remain  about him and if he will fulfil his potential..

What a great opportunity to get behind the lad and praise his achievement so far and to motivate his development going forward. Wow Speedway fans just don't see how lucky they are to be a part of someone's future success.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Richard Weston said:

Drew Kemp jumped up to CL too soon. He did very well for Mildenhall last year but another season of just NL with a few guest bookings in the CL might have been a wiser move than going full time with the Tigers.

Thought he was well in the action in the World U/21 on Friday.He is well above NL standard

• Like 1

I cant see Eastbourne having a prayer tbh, 53-37 to Sheffield ,bar the miracle win early season against brum away Eastbourne have been pathetic away, 2 many passengers