British Speedway Forum
M.D

Sheffield v Eastbourne

36 minutes ago, ruckerroo said:

I cant see Eastbourne having a prayer tbh, 53-37 to Sheffield ,bar the miracle win early season against brum away Eastbourne have been pathetic away, 2 many passengers

us Brummies and I guess 7-8  other CL Teams would be pretty happy to have 2 semi Finals to look forwards to (Shield and KOC) seems you have a vendetta against Eastbourne or is it Mr Cook. They built a top heavy side to try to progress seems to me they have succeeded so far in that very well in first season back in higher league. 

42 minutes ago, HGould said:

us Brummies and I guess 7-8  other CL Teams would be pretty happy to have 2 semi Finals to look forwards to (Shield and KOC) seems you have a vendetta against Eastbourne or is it Mr Cook. They built a top heavy side to try to progress seems to me they have succeeded so far in that very well in first season back in higher league. 

No vendetta whatsoever, its an open forum, i go there about 8 times a season if i think its going to be a tight meeting as my team ceased in 2008.

My view will be echoed from many eastbourne fans imo

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, ruckerroo said:

No vendetta whatsoever, its an open forum, i go there about 8 times a season if i think its going to be a tight meeting as my team ceased in 2008.

My view will be echoed from many eastbourne fans imo

enjoy the semi finals then if you go to them.

17 hours ago, Richard Weston said:

Drew Kemp jumped up to CL too soon. He did very well for Mildenhall last year but another season of just NL with a few guest bookings in the CL might have been a wiser move than going full time with the Tigers.

He didn't just jump straight in with Sheffield,  he had a couple of months with Ipswich last season. Plus he is also riding for Kent in the NL this season.  

As for today... could go either way, Richard Lawson rides Owlerton well, Kennett has had good and bad meetings there, it might depend on the reserves.  

Drew only rode a few meetings at reserve before being promoted into the team.  As a result he has found it tougher.  He is a top quality prospect and is going places. 

• Like 1

Good result good meeting and some good racing. All the team rode well today and glad to see drew amongst the points. Today should have give him some confidence back. Well done to all the riders for making an entertaining meeting .

• Thanks 1

Same old story from eastie away really, 2,3 and either 6 or 7 struggling.

Kennett has too many away tracks he doesn't like too.

Sounds like barring mishaps the defeat could have been greater.

Every other side struggling is strengthening ………….

Well done to sheffield

On 7/14/2019 at 1:42 PM, Tigerblade said:

He didn't just jump straight in with Sheffield,  he had a couple of months with Ipswich last season. Plus he is also riding for Kent in the NL this season.  

As for today... could go either way, Richard Lawson rides Owlerton well, Kennett has had good and bad meetings there, it might depend on the reserves.  

Still insufficient experience. Saw it with my own eyes at your place yesterday.

1 hour ago, Richard Weston said:

Still insufficient experience. Saw it with my own eyes at your place yesterday.

What was up with his performance yesterday? Scored 5, got a race win and worked his arse off to pass bowtell for 3rd.

Ideally Drew would still be reserve, unfortunately the two we signed up as second string have ended up injured and dropped. Still don't know how Bowtell missed him when he fell after Heat 6, though!

As for the meeting as a whole, well it was more or less the reserves making a difference (I was right for once ha ha), but everyone played their part, and had it not been for engine failures by Zaine and Chunk, the winning margin could have been bigger. 

1 hour ago, spin king junior said:

What was up with his performance yesterday? Scored 5, got a race win and worked his arse off to pass bowtell for 3rd.

You obviously missed his crash? Perhaps you were not there.

Crashing like that shows the inexperience.Could have wiped out the rest of his season and also caused collateral damage.

Red mist?

9 minutes ago, Richard Weston said:

Crashing like that shows the inexperience.Could have wiped out the rest of his season and also caused collateral damage.

Red mist?

Maybe he was given a Polish warning and had to ride out of his skin, or else!

43 minutes ago, Richard Weston said:

Red mist?

Or maybe it's a little bit apprehensive to judge someone on one incident and call them out for "insufficient experience" lads a talent. And perhaps if you'd seen him in more than one meeting, you'd see that. For a 16 year old kid he's pulled off some cracking moves round owlerton this season.

If there's one problem with Kemp it's a lack of confidence as he was a completely different rider from the start of the season. But he's looking to come back to form now and pick up from where he started.

• Like 1

I find it difficult to understand how some can say he is out of his depth at CH level, anybody who saw him at Belle Vue  U21 Final on Sat surely would disagree ,he maybe is suffering from a little lack of confidence at certain times but he certainly has the skills to compete at this level.

• Like 1

On 7/13/2019 at 8:12 PM, Richard Weston said:

Drew Kemp jumped up to CL too soon. He did very well for Mildenhall last year but another season of just NL with a few guest bookings in the CL might have been a wiser move than going full time with the Tigers.

Total and utter tosh.

Compared to Kyle Bickley who had a full season last season in the league, Drew had 7 meetings, 

In those 7 meeting Drew scored more points than Kyle points did  from a full season.

H e started the season on a assessed average of 2 due to not done enough meetings to gain an average.

As soon as he gain an average he found himself in the main body of the team, yes he has found it tough, but the lad has stuck at it not given up.

I cannot think of another rider who has moved from a reserve berth to the main body of the team before they were 17 , I don't remember Bewley doing it and Bickley still has the luxury of riding at reserve at Glasgow after over a season in the Championship.

Oh and in the World Under 21 Team Cup he outscore Kyle Bickley, at track that Kyle calls home.

If Drew should not be in Championship then there is a whole host of riders should not be either.

• Like 3