British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
iainb

Leicester vs Berwick 14/07/19

Either of the two riders dropped by Edinburgh might do a better job then Garcia is at the moment.Berwick do have a history of picking up riders dropped by Edinburgh,treating them well and helping them improve after all.

1 hour ago, alang said:

Either of the two riders dropped by Edinburgh might do a better job then Garcia is at the moment.Berwick do have a history of picking up riders dropped by Edinburgh,treating them well and helping them improve after all.

Expensive to fly in every week though. Garcia should be cleaning up at reserve but for whatever reason its not happening.

1 hour ago, alang said:

Where do Berwick find the money to afford these changes?

5 hours ago, allthegearbutnaeidea said:

Better from Gappmaier, and also much better from NBJ who struggled at Leicester in the Shield semi, Dool done his job well, question marks have to be put on Garcia’s future surely? He’s just not doing the job considering average wise he is the strongest number 6 in the league just about... 

Wouldn't disagree with you regarding Garcia, he has flattered to deceive at times though the bottom line is he has improved his average and thats all you can ask for.

2 hours ago, alang said:

You'd think they might do better, with averages of 6.42 and 5.91 respectively!

Club asset Coty Garcia is currently on 5.20 -- having (as Screm has gently pointed out above) increased his starting average.

Bandits are above the 40 points, any changes would require to be like-for-like.  

After Saturday's win, these words were spoken in the Black & Gold:    "Dany's maximum will hopefully shut the moaners up for a wee while, but all that'll mean is they'll start turning on Coty instead".

Didn't take too long, eh?

45 minutes ago, crescent girl said:

Club asset Coty Garcia is currently on 5.20 -- having (as Screm has gently pointed out above) increased his starting average.

After Saturday's win, these words were spoken in the Black & Gold:    "Dany's maximum will hopefully shut the moaners up for a wee while, but all that'll mean is they'll start turning on Coty instead".

Gappmaier performs at home but usually not away, Coty seems to be struggling everywhere nowadays, Leon has became an equal scoring reserve nearly every meeting home and away now

1 hour ago, crescent girl said:

You like to sh*t stir for the sake of it nowadays.

ps 

probably spoken by yourself.

Edited by Fromafar
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, allthegearbutnaeidea said:

Gappmaier performs at home but usually not away, Coty seems to be struggling everywhere nowadays, Leon has became an equal scoring reserve nearly every meeting home and away now

Danys home average almost 6pts better than his away average. Hopefully having a decent meeting yesterday at a track where he recently had not scored, will kick him on for rest of the season. Strange thing is that Coty's average shows he is better away than at home.

1 hour ago, crescent girl said:

No rider should be exempt from criticism if they are not doing what they should though the fact is both Garcia and Gappmaier have increased their averages this season, Garcia`s will come down a touch as his last couple of scores have been poor, three on Saturday and one yesterday. Gappmaier`s average is pretty much made from his home scores only as his away scores apart from yesterday and at Sheffield have been poor. My own opinion is that I am in favour of team changes if they are for the good of the team and make the team stronger, I have a feeling though at Berwick team changes will come down to the budget the club is restricted by and for that reason I dont see the team changing this season.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Normski said:

Danys home average almost 6pts better than his away average. Hopefully having a decent meeting yesterday at a track where he recently had not scored, will kick him on for rest of the season. Strange thing is that Coty's average shows he is better away than at home.

Think most regular fans knew why Dany was signed.He was an asset and good on a slick Shielfield track. Match winner at home.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, screm said:

No rider should be exempt from criticism if they are not doing what they should though the fact is both Garcia and Gappmaier have increased their averages this season, Garcia`s will come down a touch as his last couple of scores have been poor, three on Saturday and one yesterday. Gappmaier`s average is pretty much made from his home scores only as his away scores apart from yesterday and at Sheffield have been poor. My own opinion is that I am in favour of team changes if they are for the good of the team and make the team stronger, I have a feeling though at Berwick team changes will come down to the budget the club is restricted by and for that reason I dont see the team changing this season.

Garcia has disappointed recently  Its a fair comment from a lot of fans  He should be picking up far more but I just wonder if that injury he collected several weeks ago when on fire has hit him harder than thought? Riders tend to try come back to early sometimes as it their living.  I recall if not mistaken Barker doing that at Berwick when with club.

On ‎7‎/‎15‎/‎2019 at 5:15 PM, Normski said:

He actually looked quite handy at Leicester on Sunday, and comfortable on the bike.

((In the previous meeting I suspect if he had raced against the Dan & Joe Thompson they both would have beaten him.))