British Speedway Forum
bigcatdiary

Peterborough v Belle Vue - Prem Mon 15th July

RICKY WELLS, who lost his place at Belle Vue recently, will race for Peterborough tonight – against the Aces!

Crendon Panthers race their final home meeting until September at the East of England Arena and the injury-hit side have booked the American international as cover for Aaron Summers.

Summers crashed at the weekend when racing for Championship club Berwick and hurt his knee and back. He is expected to be checked over at hospital today.

They have already booked German star Erik Riss to replace Hans Andersen and Belle Vue have secured Nikolaj Busk Jakobsen to cover for new signing Tero Aarnio.

Peterborough cannot host home racing during August due to other events at the Arena and after tonight they go on a run of seven away meetings.

Co-promoter Colin Pratt said: “We want to see the fans here for the last time until September for what I expect to be a good night of racing.

“It’s going to be very hard because Belle Vue love racing at Peterborough and we have our injury issues, so it’s going to take a big effort by everyone.

“We look forward to welcoming everyone for what should be a great night.”

PETERBOROUGH: Erik Riss, Ty Proctor, Scott Nicholls, Charles Wright, Rohan Tungate, Ricky Wells, Josh Bates.

BELLE VUE: Max Fricke, Jaimon Lidsey, Dan Bewley, Steve Worrall, Kenneth Bjerre, Dimitri Berge, Nikolaj Busk Jakobsen.

spons-strip_peterborough_pr.jpg

8 minutes ago, NeilWatson said:

What Mr Pratt inherited was a 1-7 of Andersen, Cook, Harris, Wilson-Dean, Wright, Barker and L Bjerre, within budget and raring to go. The events since sadden me greatly (although from the sidelines as I’m no longer welcome at the Showground).

Deja vu at its height.

What you and your pal inherited at Coventry was a top class club, which had been very well run for many many years, and look how that finished up.

Also, on reflection, you and Mr Horton didn't make Colin Pratt feel too welcome after you moved in  to Brandon either.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Dave Jones said:

Deja vu at its height.

What you and your pal inherited at Coventry was a top class club, which had been very well run for many many years, and look how that finished up.

Also, on reflection, you and Mr Horton didn't make Colin Pratt feel too welcome after you moved in  to Brandon either.

And continued to be, and still would be if we had a stadium to race in

You couldn’t be further from the truth on my part

Edited by NeilWatson
  • Like 3

Well this gets interesting. Wells guesting against us. You just know what's going to happen now 

• Haha 1

Nothing meeting really for Panthers as play offs are now out of the question.. Didn't realize Pratt was still around..and to be honest all the BS about being left with what he was inherited just rubs it in even more..crap season in the hands of management who have taken the P## out of us.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, NeilWatson said:

What Mr Pratt inherited was a 1-7 of Andersen, Cook, Harris, Wilson-Dean, Wright, Barker and L Bjerre, within budget and raring to go. The events since sadden me greatly (although from the sidelines as I’m no longer welcome at the Showground).

Couldn't agree more (Obviously not the bit about you not being welcome at the Showground). 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, NeilWatson said:

And continued to be, and still would be if we had a stadium to race in

You couldn’t be further from the truth on my part

Really!! In what seemed no time after the takeover we saw a perfectly adequate management team dismantled . Rosco moved out and Colin Pratt pushed sideways.

Then we had Colin's service dispensed with as team manager to be replaced by a series of " ragamuffin type characters" called team managers in his place , none of whom appeared to have a clue what Coventry Speedway represented. During all of this time we were getting messages from Mr Horton about making up our minds whether we wanted top class speedway at Brandon, and his guarded threats about running at a lower level. While all of this was going on he was attending BSPA meetings complaining he couldn't afford to run.

I wouldn't call that well a run club , and I won't even get involved with your comment about still being there had the stadium been available.

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, Phil The Ace said:

Well this gets interesting. Wells guesting against us. You just know what's going to happen now 

Yes amazing he gets sacked now he is superguest!

Rode well at Ipswich for Poole , not so good at Kings Lynn but rode well for Peterborough before so should be a good guest although Berge rode well at Peterborough for Poole earlier in the season so should be a good battle at reserve.

Has Aarnio actually ridden for the Aces yet since his declaration in the 1-7?

5 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Has Aarnio actually ridden for the Aces yet since his declaration in the 1-7?

Yes last Monday, crashed again in the meeting making his broken hand worst.

• Sad 1

27 minutes ago, Dave Jones said:

Really!! In what seemed no time after the takeover we saw a perfectly adequate management team dismantled . Rosco moved out and Colin Pratt pushed sideways.

Then we had Colin's service dispensed with as team manager to be replaced by a series of " ragamuffin type characters" called team managers in his place , none of whom appeared to have a clue what Coventry Speedway represented. During all of this time we were getting messages from Mr Horton about making up our minds whether we wanted top class speedway at Brandon, and his guarded threats about running at a lower level. While all of this was going on he was attending BSPA meetings complaining he couldn't afford to run.

I wouldn't call that well a run club , and I won't even get involved with your comment about still being there had the stadium been available.

I can’t comment on what happened at Coventry between Mick taking over and my appointment. What I can say is that I always treated Colin with the respect due to former Club Promoters and BSPA colleagues, as I did with everyone I dealt with in Speedwsy. Sadly that same respect isn’t being afforded to me as 3-time former Promoter at Peterborough.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, NeilWatson said:

I can’t comment on what happened at Coventry between Mick taking over and my appointment. What I can say is that I always treated Colin with the respect due to former Club Promoters and BSPA colleagues, as I did with everyone I dealt with in Speedwsy. Sadly that same respect isn’t being afforded to me as 3-time former Promoter at Peterborough.

That's fair enough, but a lot of the stuff i commented on in my previous post happened on "your watch" so as co-promoter I would imagine you would have  been aware.

2 hours ago, NeilWatson said:

The events since sadden me greatly (although from the sidelines as I’m no longer welcome at the Showground).

Are you black listed at the turnstiles then?

1 hour ago, Rob B said:

Yes last Monday, crashed again in the meeting making his broken hand worst.

Probably rode in pain just to make sure the Aces could have a facility for their next meeting.

13 hours ago, scoobydoo said:

Lets hope they all see it as you have but somehow doubt it 

I forgot about Wells. He should be keen against the Aces.