British Speedway Forum
bigcatdiary

Peterborough v Belle Vue - Prem Mon 15th July

3 hours ago, Dave Jones said:

Really!! In what seemed no time after the takeover we saw a perfectly adequate management team dismantled . Rosco moved out and Colin Pratt pushed sideways.

Then we had Colin's service dispensed with as team manager to be replaced by a series of " ragamuffin type characters" called team managers in his place , none of whom appeared to have a clue what Coventry Speedway represented. During all of this time we were getting messages from Mr Horton about making up our minds whether we wanted top class speedway at Brandon, and his guarded threats about running at a lower level. While all of this was going on he was attending BSPA meetings complaining he couldn't afford to run.

I wouldn't call that well a run club , and I won't even get involved with your comment about still being there had the stadium been available.

I think this was more to do with Horton than Neil

1 hour ago, wealdstone said:

I think this was more to do with Horton than Neil

At  the very least, " Guilty by Association".:)

47 minutes ago, Dave Jones said:

At  the very least, " Guilty by Association".:)

I don't think we are aware  of just what the association was  my belief is that Horton very firmly in primary control

Edited by wealdstone

How does the saying go... If you lay down with dogs you get up with fleas 

2 minutes ago, semion said:

How does the saying go... If you lay down with dogs you get up with fleas 

Not if the dogs don't have fleas ;)

1 minute ago, Blupanther said:

Not if the dogs don't have fleas ;)

I think the dog in question certainly did.:D

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Getting to the track early to avoid the crowds .Home win by 12  

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Debbs said:

Getting to the track early to avoid the crowds .Home win by 12  

Advance booking preferable with expected record crowd levels

• Haha 1

Peterborough need to get behind their team before its too late..  When its gone its gone and we don`t want to lose a great track like Peterborough one of the best in the country !!

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Dornier fixer said:

Peterborough need to get behind their team before its too late..  When its gone its gone and we don`t want to lose a great track like Peterborough one of the best in the country !!

I agree but many can no longer  cope with  mushroom managemenmt

• Like 2

I can see where you're coming from, and I would have happily got behind the team Ged put together. However, after Buster cannibalised it to prop up his other clubs, I lost interest. It is clear that he has no ambition for the club other than to make up the numbers, and if he doesn't care, why should I?

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

22 minutes ago, Dornier fixer said:

Only one rider (Wright) is in the 1-7 tonight from the team announced on Dec 20th 2018. How things have changed since Chapman's carving and unfortunate injuries have turned the Panthers into red hot favorites for the wooden spoon :(

• Like 2
  • Sad 2