British Speedway Forum
bigcatdiary

Peterborough v Belle Vue - Prem Mon 15th July

This meeting will go down well with BT and anyone daft enough to continue watching it.

Come on Kev n Nig let’s get an interview with the man of the moment. C’mon Buster, where are ya ? Let’s be avin you 

5 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Track is a disgrace, just like Kings Lynn last monday it is far too grippy and dangerous. Riders struggling and getting injured through no fault of their own. 

Track records are great but doesn’t mean the track is good for close racing. Just means the riders arms are being pulled off. Give me a slick, safe track with close racing any day.

:t:

This is making meetings formally run at Lakeside look punctual.

3 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

When Wimborne Road had some bumps earlier this season it was always slick and never dangerous like this. The bumps never caused injuries.

Ashley Morris ???

10 minutes ago, BlackPanther said:

“The track has been amazing,” said Chapman. “We’ve put a lot of hard work into it and the only negative is that away riders are coming here and loving it.

“The standard of the racing has been superb and it has to be up there with one of the best tracks in the country now.

“Belle Vue will come here relishing the prospect because their own track is big and fast at the National Stadium. I’m predicting a good night of racing and I want to see the people of Peterborough and surrounding areas coming along to show their support for the sport at Peterborough.

“We’ve had some good gates this year but there have also been some poor ones and I’ve invested a lot of money in the club. This is the last chance for fans to see racing here until September so I urge them to come along.

:rofl:

This is what the clown said...

“The track has been amazing,” said Chapman. “We’ve put a lot of hard work into it and the only negative is that away riders are coming here and loving it.

“The standard of the racing has been superb and it has to be up there with one of the best tracks in the country now.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Track is a disgrace, just like Kings Lynn last monday it is far too grippy and dangerous. Riders struggling and getting injured through no fault of their own. 

Track records are great but doesn’t mean the track is good for close racing. Just means the riders arms are being pulled off. Give me a slick, safe track with close racing any day.

I remember going to Odsal many times and watching Gary Havelock clear off in Heat One on a very grippy track and win by around 70  to 80 yards..

The locals lapped it up...

It was actually crap to watch what was tantamount to 'drag racing'...

The NSS rides so much better when less grippy meaning all riders have confidence to ride closer to the others..

Tonight riders will be expecting the guy in front to rear up at anytime and potentially wipe them out..

Not conducive in letting them concentrate on passing the guy in front, which usually means spread out safety first racing..

Lets hope it slickens off quickly..

27 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Disgraceful remarks. The lad was trying, has fallen and hurt himself. How about hoping he is ok rather than slagging him off?

I witnessed his ridiculous move on Broc Nichol. Stand by my remark.

• Like 1

Just now, GiveusaB said:

The track isn't dangerous.....the bikes are ???

Same bikes ride the NSS with barely a crash in three years...

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

When Wimborne Road had some bumps earlier this season it was always slick and never dangerous like this. The bumps never caused injuries.

Kyle Newman.....