British Speedway Forum
bigcatdiary

Peterborough v Belle Vue - Prem Mon 15th July

With the quality of racing now served up following Buster's track reconstruction at the EOES, the crowd may double - to say 600 in September .

• Like 1

That was so disappointing. I had some hope earlier on that tonight would be an exciting meeting with some great battles. What we got was an extremely dull meeting with no thrills or excitement or close racing. Just riders carted off to hospital on a badly prepared track with virtually no passing.

Poor poor poor.

• Like 2

5. Kenneth Bjerre - 3, 3, 3, 3, 3 = 15

You were saying Chapman, you incompetent clown...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Well done Belle Vue on a deserved win. Excellent performance from Bjerre tonight, just wish you were riding for us.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CB252 said:

British Speedway is dead from the neck down and anyone who thinks otherwise is delusional.

Spot on, why UK speedway in the PL was "saved" to show up this kind of muck I cannot imagine.

1 hour ago, maverick88 said:

Can somebody explain why when Wright was the cause of the crash and would have been excluded, how can Peterborough be allowed to use Proctir ? I know they can use rr for Wright now but surely not after a certain exclusion ???

No exclusion, unsatisfactory start called.

Have to feel for Boro fans, had a top team in December then buster got involved.  Hope the three injured riders are ok.  Delighted to win we need that and wolves dropping points at home also a bonus for our playoff hopes.  Bjerre and Fricke are superb, lidsey and berge were really solid, Worrall though needs to step up he's making really simple mistakes on track at the moment.

That is not the way I wanted us to win.

The track was awful... no outside line of any consequence.

Grippy inside line causing problems at the start of the meeting....

I like Charles Wright.... a great little racer... but he lost control.... how can that be all 4 back??

Sure has been a wonderful weekend of sport,   The Tennis finals from Wimbledon, the F1 from Silverstone and the World cup of Cricket gave us all some fantastic entertainment.    We  certainly came back to earth with a bump tonight watching the speedway on  BT Sport.    Talk about shouting yourself in the foot.  This showing really does turn people away....

Tonight was a disaster !!!!!

• Thanks 1

Not sure if Peterborough had Cook and Harris they would be that much better off on that track.  Harris is no gater and with nothing on the outside couldn’t have seen him scoring big points.   Would Cook have put it on the line on a track like that ?

Edited by semion

1 minute ago, SUPERACE said:

Worrall though needs to step up he's making really simple mistakes on track at the moment.

First Wells then Berge now Worrall can Belle Vue fans not go through at least one meeting without criticising one of their own riders 

1 minute ago, g13webb said:

Sure has been a wonderful weekend of sport,   The Tennis finals from Wimbledon, the F1 from Silverstone and the World cup of Cricket gave us all some fantastic entertainment.    We  certainly came back to earth with a bump tonight watching the speedway on  BT Sport.    Talk about shouting yourself in the foot.  This showing really does turn people away....

Tonight was a disaster !!!!!

You would need a strong voice for that Webbo :rofl:

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Gunner85 said:

That is not the way I wanted us to win.

The track was awful... no outside line of any consequence.

Grippy inside line causing problems at the start of the meeting....

I like Charles Wright.... a great little racer... but he lost control.... how can that be all 4 back??

An unsatisfactory start was called, therefore no exclusion...

What a meeting the track is the best it's ever been .Buster is a man of many Talents . Thank you Buster. 

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, Blupanther said:

An unsatisfactory start was called, therefore no exclusion...

So did the red lights come on before Wright crashed?