British Speedway Forum
bigcatdiary

Peterborough v Belle Vue - Prem Mon 15th July

29 minutes ago, scoobydoo said:

At least after tonight with a tv audience perhaps some people can now see that the Panthers fans are justified in moaning about the owners of Peterborough Speedway 

And some people can also see that the person who directed and produced this 'epic' is also the director and producer of the sport in Britain as a whole...

It's not looking too good overall is it?

Watching it tonight was like watching a small, cute furry animal dodging fast flowing traffic across a busy eight lane motorway...

There is an inevitable conclusion to what you are seeing, but you simply have to keep watching in the vain belief that all will miraculously turn out to be ok..

A new low for me tonight with regards to how the Sport is presented to a wider potential audience..

Its almost as if they have all but given up on the TV contract such is the garbage so regularly getting beamed into people's living rooms..

Kelvin, Nigel and Natalie must wonder how they can keep sounding enthusiastic when deep down they know it's nothing more than a pretence to be maintained.

The pretence being that Speedway in the UK still has some level of credibility or relevance..

The racing tonight was appalling, the crowd level watching it was appalling, and the entertainment factor on view was even worse than the racing and the crowd level..

It came across as something just waiting to be put out of its misery..

Something so desperately needing to be grabbed by the scruff of its neck and violently shaken into action..

Passed the point of saving in the UK I would now suggest in its current guise..

Therefore. What is next?

Edited by mikebv
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, KEITH M said:

Someone’s touchy about the truth as meeting after meeting on the unofficial  Belle Vue fans page it is criticism after criticism of their own riders ... 

I'm sure superace can speak for himself but I'm adding my 2 cents worth anyway.

That page, minus a couple decent minded fellas, is full of f#####g idiots. It's a laugh a minute actually. Here is almost as bad.

Belle Vue fans are fickle, lots of them quite old and many a cucumber short of a salad.

• Haha 1

Worral for me still hasn't got over the Scunthorpe crash. It's in his head and you can see it in his riding. Hes not getting amongst it like he did and he is making really poor, really basic errors in his decision making. Hes coasting and is a much better rider than the one we currently have.

Now that isn't slagging off before the do gooders load it in, its constructive feedback and criticism.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, acef said:

Worral for me still hasn't got over the Scunthorpe crash. It's in his head and you can see it in his riding. Hes not getting amongst it like he did and he is making really poor, really basic errors in his decision making. Hes coasting and is a much better rider than the one we currently have.

Now that isn't slagging off before the do gooders load it in, its constructive feedback and criticism.

Speedway riders ride for our entertainment don't forget? :rolleyes:

Cannot criticise a Speedway rider...

No matter how constructive or factual..

You know the rules... :D

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, mikebv said:

And some people can also see that the person who directed and produced this 'epic' is also the director and producer of the sport in Britain as a whole...

It's not looking too good overall is it?

Watching it tonight was like watching a small, cute furry animal dodging fast flowing traffic across a busy eight lane motorway...

There is an inevitable conclusion to what you are seeing, but you simply have to keep watching in the vain belief that all will miraculously turn out to be ok..

A new low for me tonight with regards to how the Sport is presented to a wider potential audience..

Its almost as if they have all but given up on the TV contract such is the garbage so regularly getting beamed into people's living rooms..

Kelvin, Nigel and Natalie must wonder how they can keep sounding enthusiastic when deep down they know it's nothing more than a pretence to be maintained.

The pretence being that Speedway in the UK still has some level of credibility or relevance..

The racing tonight was appalling, the crowd level watching it was appalling, and the entertainment factor on view was even worse than the racing and the crowd level..

It came across as something just waiting to be put out of its misery..

Something so desperately needing to be grabbed by the scruff of its neck and violently shaken into action..

Passed the point of saving in the UK I would now suggest in its current guise..

Therefore. What is next?

All Chapman had to do was invest in the club to keep them running. What he has done is get too involved and has put a similar clay/shale mixture in to kings lynn. Certainly looks that way to me.

I just wonder how long before he introduces stox.

6 minutes ago, acef said:

All Chapman had to do was invest in the club to keep them running. What he has done is get too involved and has put a similar clay/shale mixture in to kings lynn. Certainly looks that way to me.

I just wonder how long before he introduces stox.

If it was down to him then probably quite likely BUT as it’s not and the Eoes is rented I can’t see the Owners (East of England Agricultural Society allowing a cage to be erected around the track Saddlebow Road style - that would be the final nail in the coffin if tonight’s shambles wasn’t already!  

12 minutes ago, acef said:

Have to agree  with you  worral s definitely not the same rider . Hopefully he ll get there . The same goes for Dan bewley and all the riders who have bad crashes. 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, maneacat said:

If it was down to him then probably quite likely BUT as it’s not and the Eoes is rented I can’t see the Owners (East of England Agricultural Society allowing a cage to be erected around the track Saddlebow Road style - that would be the final nail in the coffin if tonight’s shambles wasn’t already!  

I dont have much knowledge about the current landlords but as long as the rent is being paid, and as it's a motor sport venue anyway, I cant see what objection they would have.

I'm speculating at the end of the day, was just unsure as to why he would put new material in like that. Hes after saving a buck, which is fair enough, but it's currently counter productive because that meeting tonight was boring and looking at the crowd, well what crowd. Spot the heads amongst the blue seats.

Edited by acef

1 hour ago, Phil The Ace said:

Who was the 15 year old Dane practising after the meeting. He looked like he had mega talent 

Was it maybe Marcus Birkemose? I know he was planning to come over to the UK to try and get a few laps and maybe some contacts for the future. 

I have heard good things about his ability on a bike but don't think I've actually seen him race yet. 

• Like 1

Bjerre at Peterborough this season...

10 races... 30 points.

B)

1 hour ago, Gaz said:

I wonder who did the track at the fours as it was brilliant that day. Looked forward to tonight but it was poor for Peterborough standards.

Are you for real. The semi final was crap (one liney all on the inside). The final only took off, because they stopped, pulling the material back to the inside and let it build up on the outside, for an outside line to develop.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, acef said:

I dont have much knowledge about the current landlords but as long as the rent is being paid, and as it's a motor sport venue anyway, I cant see what objection they would have.

I'm speculating at the end of the day, was just unsure as to why he would put new material in like that. Hes after saving a buck, which is fair enough, but it's currently counter productive because that meeting tonight was boring and looking at the crowd, well what crowd. Spot the heads amongst the blue seats.

I wouldn’t call it a Motor Sport Venue as such - that is such a small part of what goes on there these days - for instance we don’t have a home meeting now until September due to the unavailability of the SHOWGROUND.   Many years ago it did have a separate race track for cars/stock cars or whatever which is long gone and is now the Car Park for many functions including speedway.  

With regard to tonight’s meeting there has been growing dissatisfaction with signings for the team together with the track itself and I believe not offering a discount for this televised meeting was a huge mistake resulting in fans staying home to watch. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, nw42 said:

I used to love watching racing from the EOS, the likes of Ryan Sullivan, N Pedersen et al used to generate such speed, it was exhilarating to watch even on tv, on that basis and hearing of track records being broken I was looking forward to tonight's meeting, such a disappointment so far, maybe it will pick up. 

And that was the thing that I really noticed tonight. The outside run off turn 2 where Sullivan would shoot round opponents and fly down the backstraight has completely gone. Anyone who tries it goes backwards. They slowed the track down for two fantastic meetings and suddenly that turned into a season of quality whereas as a whole, tonight was a better example of 2019 if full.

1 hour ago, acef said:

100% spot on.  It's clear to see, based on his performances since he came back last season.  It amazes me why people come on these forums if don't want to see discussions or opinions.  Wells was shocking for Belle Vue and was rightly criticised, Steve is clear struggling and it's ok to say so.