British Speedway Forum
bigcatdiary

Peterborough v Belle Vue - Prem Mon 15th July

55 minutes ago, r8gdp said:

Have to agree  with you  worral s definitely not the same rider . Hopefully he ll get there . The same goes for Dan bewley and all the riders who have bad crashes. 

Dan is different, he's actually done ok this season and it's still early days since his massive crash, he wasn't even expected to ride this season at 1 point.

3 hours ago, GiveusaB said:

looks to me like P'boro manufactured what they thought would be a home advantage with the track......hence no outside grip....massively back-fired on them!?

Given that Panthers are generally poor from the tapes and often get beat up on the first turn then I doubt that they manufactered that in those terms.

Edited by Crump99

49 minutes ago, HenryW said:

Was it maybe Marcus Birkemose? I know he was planning to come over to the UK to try and get a few laps and maybe some contacts for the future. 

I have heard good things about his ability on a bike but don't think I've actually seen him race yet. 

His kevlars had something mose on so assume it him. 

Very very good. Deffo one to look out for. 

8 hours ago, maneacat said:

If it was down to him then probably quite likely BUT as it’s not and the Eoes is rented I can’t see the Owners (East of England Agricultural Society allowing a cage to be erected around the track Saddlebow Road style - that would be the final nail in the coffin if tonight’s shambles wasn’t already!  

If the locals got a bit upset by a bit of noise from Truckfest then they'd need therapy for stockcars but Posh have more chance of winning the Champions League than stockcars. The Arena sits on the Banger track so that tells us much.

Edited by Crump99

1 hour ago, acef said:

I dont have much knowledge about the current landlords but as long as the rent is being paid, and as it's a motor sport venue anyway, I cant see what objection they would have.

I'm speculating at the end of the day, was just unsure as to why he would put new material in like that. Hes after saving a buck, which is fair enough, but it's currently counter productive because that meeting tonight was boring and looking at the crowd, well what crowd. Spot the heads amongst the blue seats.

Clearly: or the history of the EoES and its administration.

I lost the will to live after watching Nichollls unable to as Sir Kelv would say "Land a blow" on Berge

7 hours ago, maneacat said:

I just wonder how long before he introduces stox.

Stox a coming but this can only be done by erasing those troublesome and seemingly unnecessary speedway fixtures.

5 minutes ago, Racin Jason 72 said:

Not too shabby for a second string

He isn't a second string. Can't believe anyone would say that, big mistake not getting him at Peterborough if he was available. 

Edited by foreverblue

14 minutes ago, Racin Jason 72 said:

Not too shabby for a second string

not that bad as a heat leader as well:t:

Forever Blue...

Buster said otherwise and didn't go in for him...

;)

Edited by Ace no.5

13 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

He isn't a second string. Can't believe anyone would say that, big mistake not getting him at Peterborough if he was available. 

It was Buster who said he was not a heat leader any more that is why these comments have been made.

4 minutes ago, Stiltonpanther said:

It was Buster who said he was not a heat leader any more that is why these comments have been made.

Yes i know and he is meant to know what he is talking about. My comments were directed at Buster. 

6 hours ago, SUPERACE said:

Dan is different, he's actually done ok this season and it's still early days since his massive crash, he wasn't even expected to ride this season at 1 point.

Having a massive crash can affect you mentally as well physically hope he gets there the lads got a lot of potential and should go on to be a top rider in the gps 

First of all I hope those who crashed last night are ok - BUTLost the will to live and turned over to watch the paint drying channel- Buster may have saved the league and Pboro speedway and the BT contract but with a track like last night he’s doing his best to kill the sport .