British Speedway Forum
bigcatdiary

Peterborough v Belle Vue - Prem Mon 15th July

13 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Yes true but he needs to earning wherever he can maybe wasn't asked. 

May be he wasn't asked for the same reason 

3 minutes ago, Crump99 said:

Assume that you're remember this one? It's the one that came to my mind:

Now that the reality of the last 7 months has been laid bare to the previously unknowing audience, do you you think that they might get where some fans are coming from? For the record, I may wretch at times but have only missed one home meeting in 2019 despite the last line of the quote. Funnily enough I'm not bothered whether or not Chapman owns it. He needs to be hands off as much as possible as he would have been if he'd let Rathbone and Watson in charge.

Dont think Chapman liked the fact the team put together by Ged and Neil was better than his Lynn team and taking into account the possible revenge mission he made sure he was getting rid of them both 

4 minutes ago, Isotonic said:

May be he wasn't asked for the same reason 

If he was out the country then having to pay an airfare to get him to the UK would of been a definite no from Buster

7 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

The track has had a lot of flack and clearly this meeting wasn't anything like as good as the Poole meeting that i went to because that would be difficult to beat but i am not sure it was as bad as some are saying, there were hold ups due to the crashes but not that bad considering how bad the crashes were. Also hold ups as a consequence of the crashes with riders taking two rides consecutively but definitely seen worse meetings and there was some passing. 

I've said before, as was proved, it can be fixed pretty quickly. Just get away from the track record, fast times rubbish. A few meetings ago when the track produced action that you'll struggle to better anywhere, times were more approaching 60 seconds rather than chasing 57 seconds.

Start of the year we got lucky when bjerre wanted a Peterborough return but buster said he wasnt a heat leader no more which opened up a pathway for us to get bjerre to return. So has bjerre prove bluster wrong??? Here are his stats against the 3 bluster teams He has had 44 races scoring 107*5 3333333333333333333333333332*2*2*2222221*1*1111R

Can anyone work out his average against just blusters teams

2 minutes ago, Phil The Ace said:

Start of the year we got lucky when bjerre wanted a Peterborough return but buster said he wasnt a heat leader no more which opened up a pathway for us to get bjerre to return. So has bjerre prove bluster wrong??? Here are his stats against the 3 bluster teams He has had 44 races scoring 107*5 3333333333333333333333333332*2*2*2222221*1*1111R

Can anyone work out his average against just blusters teams

9.73 based on your figures

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, scoobydoo said:

Dont think Chapman liked the fact the team put together by Ged and Neil was better than his Lynn team and taking into account the possible revenge mission he made sure he was getting rid of them both 

We'll never know unless someone wites an autobiography: Go on Neil, you know you want to :D

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, maneacat said:

If it was down to him then probably quite likely BUT as it’s not and the Eoes is rented I can’t see the Owners (East of England Agricultural Society allowing a cage to be erected around the track Saddlebow Road style - that would be the final nail in the coffin if tonight’s shambles wasn’t already!  

There used to be a well run track at the EOES that was for car racing but the landlords got rid of it many years ago and I don't think they would want any sort of car racing on the current speedway track. 

40 minutes ago, OveFundinFan said:

Have to admit, that was the first time I seen speedway from Peterborough, heard so much about the great race track......... so disappointed. That was rubbish. From the time Kelvin did the track test with his screwdriver I though “that looks like same material as KLynn”. 

Complete rubbish meeting. Poor advert for speedway, very poor. How much is British speedway payin BT to show it? After Silverstone, fantastic tennis on Sunday, and England winning World Cup cricket...... then Ultra drab speedway.

The ref must have been a Panthers fan, some weird decisions, especially the Scott Nichols tape movement when already on a warning, disadvantaged himself so much at the start, allowed back in to win.... Crazy.

sorry for the riders who were injured, hope they all recover well.  NOT their fault, especially Bewley. 100% track fault, and that goes straight to the door of Chapman. What he is doing to British Speedway is disgraceful.  Not liked the man since he butted his nose into the BV stadium affair/Gordon-Morton.

Just one negative re BV, or more precisely Bjerre, yes he got a fantastic maximum last night, probably aimed firmly at Chapman. But, can’t he see the benefit of team riding, just looking after a team mate a bit, just like Fricke did with Lidsey.

i really can’t see BT renewing a TV contract with British speedway. Which mean I will be paying just to watch the GP’s - which, generally speaking, are good value.

Sad night for British speedway.

I`ve noticed in a few meetings now that when Fricke and Bjerre are in the same race you would think they are in opposition to one another.  It happened last night and I`ve seen it at Belle Vue.     Having said that it was the same at Brandon when Nicholls and Harris were in heat fifteen together there was no togetherness.

43 minutes ago, NeilWatson said:

9.73 based on your figures

He probs peed him off so much when he rode for us .... he sure as hell wasn't doing a heat leaders job then!

28 minutes ago, sandking072 said:

Does anyone have the race times for last night? Can't seem to find them anywhere. Thanks in advance.

57.3 equalled the TR in heat 1

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, bigcatdiary said:

Thank you. Much appreciated. :t:

1 hour ago, Dornier fixer said:

I`ve noticed in a few meetings now that when Fricke and Bjerre are in the same race you would think they are in opposition to one another.  It happened last night and I`ve seen it at Belle Vue.     Having said that it was the same at Brandon when Nicholls and Harris were in heat fifteen together there was no togetherness.

Given the said facts of no outside line maybe team riding wasnt the easiest of things to do last night,  although Bjerre wasnt known from his Peterborough days to be very forth coming in team riding anyway or in some cases he was just to quick for his team mate to keep up

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bigcatdiary said:

Dont think anyone would of bet on Ty Proctor being joint TR holder at Peterborough. 

Edited by scoobydoo