British Speedway Forum
bigcatdiary

Peterborough v Belle Vue - Prem Mon 15th July

1 hour ago, bigcatdiary said:

57.3 equalled the TR in heat 1

What a track 

1 hour ago, Chris116 said:

There used to be a well run track at the EOES that was for car racing but the landlords got rid of it many years ago and I don't think they would want any sort of car racing on the current speedway track. 

There's an entrance to the car park Neil mentions that is the old stock car track and I can't recall that ever being used, for speedway anyway, which probably indicates some of the restrictions in and around the EoES these days, especially as that is the most logical entrance when that car park is used.. Added to that, they don't like the grass being messed up inside the outer fencing. Can you imagine, trucks, trailers and stock cars all over the place. The landlords would have a fit.

2 hours ago, Chris116 said:

There used to be a well run track at the EOES that was for car racing but the landlords got rid of it many years ago and I don't think they would want any sort of car racing on the current speedway track. 

Yes I remember my cousin racing there Chris many years ago and I agree it’s highly unlikely to happen again.  

21 minutes ago, Debbs said:

What a track 

I agree!  What a track!  Last night it was  :sad: (I could not find thumbs down)

any news on Josh Bates - just saw him disappearing at back of shot just after Tatum had mentioned a grippy patch on bend and they didn't show again.

some reference that he was "out cold"...

whilst I hope he and all others are OK the young man really does need to quit whilst he still has all of his faculties intact as this is 3rd time this season he has been injured, come back and injured again within 2-3 meetings.

First one was not his fault I was there but others have been just erratic riding out of his comfort limit.

20 minutes ago, John Scrutton said:

The track was  unrideable and a danger  according  to some experts   ??   did anyone Tell Bjerre and Fricke ??

Got to agree you want racing you put some grip down you want gate and go you make it slick .some of the younger riders  can only turn the throttle one way these tracks were the norm in 60s/70s and the old Jap was harder to ride than the laydown

The track certainly wasn't dangerous. As is the way of the world these days, people are over-sensitive. A rider picks up a little grip once in one race and people go overboard with the criticism.

• Like 4

Missed this last night so watched it earlier today, wish I'd read this first! Sad to see what was a wonderful track producing such dull racing

• Like 1

2 hours ago, scoobydoo said:

Dont think anyone would of bet on Ty Proctor being joint TR holder at Peterborough. 

Spot on. He's actually riding the showground quite well tbf 

Bellego is also now available another who I think would be better than what we have the same applies to Wells.  

We all know the big issue though and that's missing heat leaders 

Edited by Flappy

1 hour ago, John Scrutton said:

The track was  unrideable and a danger  according  to some experts   ??   did anyone Tell Bjerre and Fricke ??

Not the best example. Bjerre's had his moments:

Panthers team boss Trevor Swales was gracious in defeat, saying: “To be honest, we were just beaten by the better side. Coventry were the better team over both legs and we just weren’t good enough. “I feel sorry for the fans, because they have stuck by us all season and we have just thrown it away. I feel for the fans, I feel for Rick and Julie, I feel for the staff here, everyone... because we have thrown away a whole season’s worth of effort. I’m disappointed in the boys, because some of them didn’t have the will tonight.

I don’t care what they say about the track, you have to get on and ride it. “They had the wrong attitude; and they beat themselves at five o’clock, when they saw the track. PETERBOROUGH 44 (Kenneth Bjerre 1:1 (0-1:1-0-0)

And on that evening Chris Harris got 13 so nobody told him either. Even Batchelor got 8 and he moaned most weeks about something or other.

Edited by Crump99
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, OveFundinFan said:

Have to admit, that was the first time I seen speedway from Peterborough, heard so much about the great race track......... so disappointed. That was rubbish. From the time Kelvin did the track test with his screwdriver I though “that looks like same material as KLynn”. 

Complete rubbish meeting. Poor advert for speedway, very poor. How much is British speedway payin BT to show it? After Silverstone, fantastic tennis on Sunday, and England winning World Cup cricket...... then Ultra drab speedway.

The ref must have been a Panthers fan, some weird decisions, especially the Scott Nichols tape movement when already on a warning, disadvantaged himself so much at the start, allowed back in to win.... Crazy.

sorry for the riders who were injured, hope they all recover well.  NOT their fault, especially Bewley. 100% track fault, and that goes straight to the door of Chapman. What he is doing to British Speedway is disgraceful.  Not liked the man since he butted his nose into the BV stadium affair/Gordon-Morton.

Just one negative re BV, or more precisely Bjerre, yes he got a fantastic maximum last night, probably aimed firmly at Chapman. But, can’t he see the benefit of team riding, just looking after a team mate a bit, just like Fricke did with Lidsey.

i really can’t see BT renewing a TV contract with British speedway. Which mean I will be paying just to watch the GP’s - which, generally speaking, are good value.

Sad night for British speedway.

Agree with most of that, it was a shame the track was so grippy on the inside. Re: Nicholls, he wasn't already on a warning, so ref treated it consistently with anyone else moving at the start. 

8 hours ago, OveFundinFan said:

Have to admit, that was the first time I seen speedway from Peterborough, heard so much about the great race track......... so disappointed. That was rubbish. From the time Kelvin did the track test with his screwdriver I though “that looks like same material as KLynn”. 

Complete rubbish meeting. Poor advert for speedway, very poor. How much is British speedway payin BT to show it? After Silverstone, fantastic tennis on Sunday, and England winning World Cup cricket...... then Ultra drab speedway.

The ref must have been a Panthers fan, some weird decisions, especially the Scott Nichols tape movement when already on a warning, disadvantaged himself so much at the start, allowed back in to win.... Crazy.

sorry for the riders who were injured, hope they all recover well.  NOT their fault, especially Bewley. 100% track fault, and that goes straight to the door of Chapman. What he is doing to British Speedway is disgraceful.  Not liked the man since he butted his nose into the BV stadium affair/Gordon-Morton.

Just one negative re BV, or more precisely Bjerre, yes he got a fantastic maximum last night, probably aimed firmly at Chapman. But, can’t he see the benefit of team riding, just looking after a team mate a bit, just like Fricke did with Lidsey.

i really can’t see BT renewing a TV contract with British speedway. Which mean I will be paying just to watch the GP’s - which, generally speaking, are good value.

Sad night for British speedway.

A bit OTT?  I have seen far worse meetings om Sky/BT.  The racing was ok, but like all tracks some nights produce better racing than others.     As for the track, I didn't see too much wrong with it, again, we have seen tracks at Poole that are far worse than what we saw last night.

I have not been to the showground in years, but I always used to like my visits there and generally some good racing.   

Congratulations to Pearson, I am fairly sure that's the first TV meeting of the season he's not mentioned Hancock. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, TheReturn said:

Congratulations to Pearson, I am fairly sure that's the first TV meeting of the season he's not mentioned Hancock. 

You mean Nigel 'very much so' Pearson?