British Speedway Forum
bigcatdiary

Peterborough v Belle Vue - Prem Mon 15th July

6 hours ago, Crump99 said:

If the locals got a bit upset by a bit of noise from Truckfest then they'd need therapy for stockcars but Posh have more chance of winning the Champions League than stockars. The Arena sits on the Banger track so that tells us much.

The car track was a bit further south, it’s now part of the car park for the Arena. Your point is well made though, there is zero chance of stocks in the main arena in my opinion.

19 minutes ago, Ace no.5 said:

Forever Blue...

Buster said otherwise and didn't go in for him...

;)

Yes i know re reading it sounds like i was attacking the post but it was meant to be directed at Buster 

Anyone know why Jack Holder didn't guest last night surely a better option than Riss. Also tactical blunder putting Ty Proctor in heat 11 

Edited by foreverblue

Peterborough can’t ride any home meetings in August yet still have 3 home meetings to be arranged with play offs starting mid way through September.

1 minute ago, foreverblue said:

Anyone know why Jack Holder didn't guest last night surely a better option than Riss. 

cheaper option maybe anyway did not want jack to get injured on that track last night .with jack style it could have easily happened

2 minutes ago, Rob B said:

Peterborough can’t ride any home meetings in August yet still have 3 home meetings to be arranged with play offs starting mid way through September.

later in September I believe 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Rob B said:

Yup, looking forward to the season starting in September with 3 in 10 days in potentially worse weather, the football season in full swing, speedway all but forgotten after an unprecedented summer break and Panthers at the foot of the table with nothing to ride for. Good luck with selling those meetings.

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Anyone know why Jack Holder didn't guest last night surely a better option than Riss. Also tactical blunder putting Ty Proctor in heat 11 

Family loyalty, maybe. Pretty sure one of the Holders had a bit of a fall out with Chapman. 

7 hours ago, Crump99 said:

Clearly: or the history of the EoES and its administration.

Yes. That would be why I have said it.

7 hours ago, SUPERACE said:

100% spot on.  It's clear to see, based on his performances since he came back last season.  It amazes me why people come on these forums if don't want to see discussions or opinions.  Wells was shocking for Belle Vue and was rightly criticised, Steve is clear struggling and it's ok to say so.

Can’t have an opinion on here.

You get half of em picking a fight all the time as well, like the one above I’ve quoted.

This forum is in the same condition as the sport and I can see why you visit sporadically. Probably the same reason I do.

5 minutes ago, Isotonic said:

Family loyalty, maybe. Pretty sure one of the Holders had a bit of a fall out with Chapman. 

Yes true but he needs to earning wherever he can maybe wasn't asked. 

8 hours ago, Ace no.5 said:

Bjerre at Peterborough this season...

10 races... 30 points.

B)

Sad fact is that he would of happily ridden for Peterborough again were it not for Chapmans stupid statement and scrooge tactics

The track has had a lot of flack and clearly this meeting wasn't anything like as good as the Poole meeting that i went to because that would be difficult to beat but i am not sure it was as bad as some are saying, there were hold ups due to the crashes but not that bad considering how bad the crashes were. Also hold ups as a consequence of the crashes with riders taking two rides consecutively but definitely seen worse meetings and there was some passing. 

Have to admit, that was the first time I seen speedway from Peterborough, heard so much about the great race track......... so disappointed. That was rubbish. From the time Kelvin did the track test with his screwdriver I though “that looks like same material as KLynn”. 

Complete rubbish meeting. Poor advert for speedway, very poor. How much is British speedway payin BT to show it? After Silverstone, fantastic tennis on Sunday, and England winning World Cup cricket...... then Ultra drab speedway.

The ref must have been a Panthers fan, some weird decisions, especially the Scott Nichols tape movement when already on a warning, disadvantaged himself so much at the start, allowed back in to win.... Crazy.

sorry for the riders who were injured, hope they all recover well.  NOT their fault, especially Bewley. 100% track fault, and that goes straight to the door of Chapman. What he is doing to British Speedway is disgraceful.  Not liked the man since he butted his nose into the BV stadium affair/Gordon-Morton.

Just one negative re BV, or more precisely Bjerre, yes he got a fantastic maximum last night, probably aimed firmly at Chapman. But, can’t he see the benefit of team riding, just looking after a team mate a bit, just like Fricke did with Lidsey.

i really can’t see BT renewing a TV contract with British speedway. Which mean I will be paying just to watch the GP’s - which, generally speaking, are good value.

Sad night for British speedway.

Edited by OveFundinFan
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, scoobydoo said:

At least after tonight with a tv audience perhaps some people can now see that the Panthers fans are justified in moaning about the owners of Peterborough Speedway 

Assume that you're remember this one? It's the one that came to my mind:

On 7/12/2019 at 8:39 AM, ruckerroo said:

Peterboro so called fans want every promotion to last 3yrs and lose about 400k in that time, they are the BSF champion wretchers and squawkers by a mile.

Lakeside,rye, reading and oxford would love to have a speedway team to go and watch.

Just get on with it and if you dont like whose running the show dont go

Now that the reality of the last 7 months has been laid bare to the previously unknowing audience, do you you think that they might get where some fans are coming from? For the record, I may wretch at times but have only missed one home meeting in 2019 despite the last line of the quote. Funnily enough I'm not bothered whether or not Chapman owns it. He needs to be hands off as much as possible as he would have been if he'd left Rathbone and Watson in charge.

Edited by Crump99