British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
stevebrum

Wolves V Ipswich 15/7/19

Ipswich make a return to Monmore Green on Monday looking to add more points after a surprise home reversal last week, with one foot already in the play offs we need to try ensure we send them home empty handed.

Have the Wolves finally turned a corner and we can make it 3 wins on the bounce?

Douglas hopefully will be fit to take his place, fingers crossed on that one.

I’ll go with a hopeful 49-41 that’s what my head wants. Heart says 46-44.

thoughts?

WOLVERHAMPTON: Rory Schlein, Ryan Douglas, Jacob Thorssell, Nick Morris, Sam Masters, Kyle Howarth, Luke Becker.
IPSWICH: Chris Harris, Cameron Heeps, Danny King, Richard Lawson, Krystian Pieszczek, Edward Kennett, Jake Allen.

Another change of riding order for the Witches just still searching for the right combinations with Heeps moving up and Harris back at No1

Important that the Witches get back in the groove after a bad night against Poole and show it was just a blip rather than the start of a decline

I think this lot have got the resolve to put in a performance to turn it back around and the Witches to grab a point. Wolves should have enough to pick up the win. If not their play off hopes are gone IMO

• Like 1

Am i the only one that thinks pairing arguably the two worst gaters in the side is a mistake?.  they also seemed to be impeding each other while chasing opponents. (Bomber & Heeps)

Just now, 847084 said:

Cue Ipswich 5-1 in heat 1.

Yes please - Id take that :)

It was certainly a stupid idea on Thursday when gating was important 

I fancy the witches to get another bashing on Monday.  The wheels are on the way off  possibly.  Although we have plenty in hand and will be in the play offs

Edited by Baldyman

1 hour ago, Falcon1983 said:

I'd have gone Lawson at 2, Herpes at 4

That would be a rash choice IMO :lol:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

Wolves' new team are a different prospect. Tidy home win for me. 

Ippo using the same riding order as against Poole last week. I see a big Wolves home win!

59 minutes ago, SPEEDY69 said:

Wolves' new team are a different prospect. Tidy home win for me. 

Douglas has made a big difference in his 2 matches so far but we can't expect that all the time.We really should be benefiting from having Howarth at reserve, but that didn't happen last Monday, perhaps he isn't fully fit. We need to win to stand a chance of the play-offs, Ipswich are in, and that's nice to see.

All the points going to Wolves for me. Starting to fire.

Well I tend to differ, witches to fight back after thier loss to quick gating Poole,expect a narrow win or at least a point , close finish ,go the witches

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

Ippo using the same riding order as against Poole last week. I see a big Wolves home win!

Lawson was at 5 for that - Nuts at 5 at Wolves

Edited by dontforgetthefueltapsbruv