British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
stevebrum

Wolves V Ipswich 15/7/19

Take that Wolves .Buster is our King .

7 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Great comback to grab a draw. Im not a fan of the TS being allowed in 14 for the exact reason of the way we benefitted tonight but as it is what it is with the rules as they stand Im happy to take it this time :)

The result shows the superb character of the team shining through yet again. It will be Dannys turn soon enough to be the hero - chin up fella :t:

Will be interesting to hear what went wrong tonight Taps when he does his column, like I said hes usually half decent around Wolves and has just come off a 15 point maximum for Sheffield so would have thought full of confidence. Strange one. 

Just a mention for Richard Lawson. He’s really impressed me this season and he’s produced much more than I was expecting. Had the odd stinker like all the lads have at some stage, but in the main he’s been consistently decent. 

Edited by Arch Stanton
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

Will be interesting to hear what went wrong tonight Taps when he does his column, like I said hes usually half decent around Wolves and has just come off a 15 point maximum for Sheffield so would have thought full of confidence. Strange one. 

Just a mention for Richard Lawson. He’s really impressed me this season and he’s produced much more than I was expecting. Had the odd stinker like all the lads have at some stage, but in the main he’s been consistently decent. 

I was confident Dickie would have a good one tonight after a poor one against Poole in the same way he responded to a poor one at Kings Lynn just from the way he was after the meeting on Thursday

Like you he has impressed me greatly overall this year

17 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Great comback to grab a draw. Im not a fan of the TS being allowed in 14 for the exact reason of the way we benefitted tonight but as it is what it is with the rules as they stand Im happy to take it this time :)

The result shows the superb character of the team shining through yet again. It will be Dannys turn soon enough to be the hero - chin up fella :t:

Same here taps but we’ve had the tac sub used against us in ht14 so nice to be on the other side of it for a change!

disappointing one for Danny, the management keep saying all 7 will click on the same night and someone’s gonna get a walloping...the riders have obviously got together and made a pact to ensure they save that moment for the playoffs :D 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

I was confident Dickie would have a good one tonight after a poor one against Poole in the same way he responded to a poor one at Kings Lynn just from the way he was after the meeting on Thursday

Like you he has impressed me greatly overall this year

Early front runner for the MASSIF award ? 

• Like 1

Wow wasn't expecting that,, I honestly thought out wheels were gonna fall off big time.   Its nice to be wrong sometimes. 

Danny had a stinker there last time,,, so maybe it's not one of his best tracks.   

That's a couple of times now Harris has stepped up,,, good on him,,, and probably with not his best equipment either. 

Now on to Poole hoping I'm wrong about that one as well 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Wolfie456 said:

Think it's time to offload Morris see if Swindon fancy swapping him for Musielak.lol

Maybe Morris is average fixing.Certainly not showing much form,to be fair he had an injury maybe lost a bit of confidence.

31 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

I agree, could do with a haircut though ☺

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Siggytastic said:

I agree, could do with a haircut though ☺

He could be like Samson though - cut it and he loses all his strength (or in his case speed) :lol:

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, Pob said:

Early front runner for the MASSIF award ? 

So long as the season doesnt just end and the final meeting get cancelled like last year and we actually manage to give it to someone this year....

The Mrs wont be happy if it sits on our mantlepiece for another 12 months :rofl:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, SUPERACE said:

Ahhh sorry I thought you meant wolves dropped points at home.

We dropped 7 points, but 9 in total. No worries. Edit now dropped 10 points.

Another disappointing result and now more dropped points. This team on paper looked superb but has been beyond mediocre for whatever reason.

The issue for me is Nick. He will be on a super low average at this rate for next season which for me is the issue here.

Swindon will almost certainly want him back so unless he is planning to stay at Wolves next year it’s time to move him on and look for the future.

If we can persuade a foreigner to try out for next season now is the time. Let’s face the likelihood now that we won’t make the play offs it’s time to look to the future and not give another rider a low average to return to his parent club.

33 minutes ago, Wolfie456 said:

Think it's time to offload Morris see if Swindon fancy swapping him for Musielak.lol

Thought Pete Adams said “Nick needed a move as was stale at Swindon”. Well he’s really bombing it at Wolves & not all of it can be down to his wrist injury.

34 minutes ago, Wolfie456 said:

5 minutes ago, stevebrum said:

We dropped 7 points, but 9 in total. No worries. Edit now dropped 10 points.

Another disappointing result and now more dropped points. This team on paper looked superb but has been beyond mediocre for whatever reason.

The issue for me is Nick. He will be on a super low average at this rate for next season which for me is the issue here.

Swindon will almost certainly want him back so unless he is planning to stay at Wolves next year it’s time to move him on and look for the future.

If we can persuade a foreigner to try out for next season now is the time. Let’s face the likelihood now that we won’t make the play offs it’s time to look to the future and not give another rider a low average to return to his parent club.

If he would’ve got a good average then Wolves wouldn’t want him anyway. 

Swindon stood by him when he had a high average & he did a deal with Wolves when his average dropped rather than stay & repay Rosco.

Don’t like to see Nick struggling but Pete Adams deserves it for what he said about Nick at Swindon.

Edited by Crazy robin

Just now, Crazy robin said:

If he would’ve got a good average then Wolves wouldn’t want him anyway. 

Swindon stood by him when he had a high average & he did a deal with Wolves.

Don’t like to see Nick struggling but Pete Adams deserves it for what he said about Nick at Swindon.

So are you saying that Nick wasn’t going stale at Swindon? He has made steady progress in his career then had a breakthrough in 2017.

His whole body language was wrong last year and publicly said the track was an issue. Not sure how else you explain last season?

id say PA had a point and I’d imagine quite a few Robins fans thought the same!

Just think the problem could be Swindon’s, so be careful what you wish for!!

Something is clearly wrong with Nick thats more than just overcoming an injury. I’d prefer we look at other options now the play offs are fading faster with every match. Maybe you could sign Morris in place of Musielak? ;)