British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
stevebrum

Wolves V Ipswich 15/7/19

On 7/14/2019 at 9:16 PM, SPEEDY69 said:

Wolves' new team are a different prospect. Tidy home win for me. 

On 7/14/2019 at 10:33 PM, Skidder1 said:

Ippo using the same riding order as against Poole last week. I see a big Wolves home win!

23 hours ago, Bald Bloke said:

All the points going to Wolves for me. Starting to fire.

11 hours ago, chun said:

Wolves have the biggest home track advantage in the league which should see them to a comfortable 10 point victory

So, I gather it 's a big win for Wolves then. Anyone know the result? I seem to have missed it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Great comback to grab a draw. Im not a fan of the TS being allowed in 14 for the exact reason of the way we benefitted tonight but as it is what it is with the rules as they stand Im happy to take it this time :)

The result shows the superb character of the team shining through yet again. It will be Dannys turn soon enough to be the hero - chin up fella :t:

It is the sort of character in this team that might just, and I use the word "just' see us to the title. The great thing is that opposition teams worry about us now rather than the other way round!

• Like 2

If Morris is getting meetings for his continental clubs, is he doing as badly as he is for Wolverhampton? Is not doubling up affecting him, it's the first year he hasn't, isn't it?

6 hours ago, Col said:

If Morris is getting meetings for his continental clubs, is he doing as badly as he is for Wolverhampton? Is not doubling up affecting him, it's the first year he hasn't, isn't it?

With a normal score from Morris and Douglas you would have stopped Ipswich getting any points. 

1 minute ago, foreverblue said:

With a normal score from Morris and Douglas you would have stopped Ipswich getting any points. 

Swings and roundabouts - could say the same the other way with Danny.......

• Like 3

I can answer my own question.

Morris 3 meetings in Nice 1 LZ averaging 4.67

1 meeting 3 rides, 3 points in Elitserien

9 hours ago, norbold said:

So, I gather it 's a big win for Wolves then. Anyone know the result? I seem to have missed it.

Ha, Dougie had a bad one, just as well King was awful. 

9 hours ago, Col said:

He didn’t double up last season.

I'm sure Morris was with Lakeside in the Championship last year.

Edit. http://speedwayupdates.proboards.com confirms he was.

Edited by Col
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, chun said:

Is this result season ending for wolves?  More points forfeited at home

Probably, but an unlikely away win at Swindon on Thursday would change things considerably. The top 3 spots look nailed on as Poole, BV and Ipswich, Kings Lynn could yet make a challenge for the last place as the vast majority of their remaining meetings are at home.

Swindon, however, must be favourites for the last spot

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Call me wolfie said:

Probably, but an unlikely away win at Swindon on Thursday would change things considerably. The top 3 spots look nailed on as Poole, BV and Ipswich, Kings Lynn could yet make a challenge for the last place as the vast majority of their remaining meetings are at home.

Swindon, however, must be favourites for the last spot

Pressure on Swindon then.  I wonder if its an unnecessary gamble bringing back Musielak for Bellego?  Time for Nick Morris to step up on Thursday.

Edited by chun