British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Col

Brummies v Bears

with Wright I'd have been very apprehensive, without him I think we can nick it 46-44

could be a cracker as track been excellent last few weeks

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, ProudtobeaBrummie said:

Ok who scores higher toe to toe ? 

Ellis - Riss = Ellis 

Agertoft- Anderson =anderson 

Castagna -Toft = 50/50 imo at pb .

Ayres - Stewart = Ayres 

R/R - Allen  = Allen

Hume- Woolley = Hume 

Shanes - Greaves = Shanes 

That is why i think it will be very close . Interesting to see how others think and yes i know this means nothing but its just a little illustration to why i think its evenly matched . I think Birmingham need to get minimum of 6 points from the 4 r/r rides.

I also heard Rogers on the Speedway tavern last night who said he made no tactical changes vs Glasgow because it would of made no difference. Now if i was in charge i would sack to guy on the spot for that comment. That is a absolutely awful attitude not just in speedway or sport but in life . What does that say to the riders ? what if the supporters took the same attitude ? were not gonna win so why bother going ?  Its with this attitude and mentality probably why he has won ZERO in his whole speedway career.

I think I read/heard someone say that they used the Glasgow meeting(away) to try a few things out (engines/set-ups etc...) ?

Ellis - Riss = Ellis (round pb)

agertoft - Andersen = Andersen 

castagna - mpt = mpt

ayres - Stewart = stewart

r/r - Allen = Allen

hume - Woolley = Hume 1000%

shanes - greaves = Shanes 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, SuperBear said:

Ellis - Riss = Ellis (round pb)

agertoft - Andersen = Andersen 

castagna - mpt = mpt

ayres - Stewart = stewart

r/r - Allen = Allen

hume - Woolley = Hume 1000%

shanes - greaves = Shanes 

So that makes it 4-3 to Redcar ?

I don't think these comparisons tell a fat lot because imo Shanes is arguably better than Ayres and Paco, on his day....it really does depend on the 'track' and whether there's an outside line to be had....

Redcar are far stronger imo!

Should be some great racing all the same!

Hard to tell how a lot of the Bears will ride the track as it will be the first time a lot of them will have ridden there in a while or even at all.

Losing Charles is a big blow - just hope Allen rides the Brummies track as well as he rides Redcar.

I would've opted for Ben Barker over Jake Allen....but that's only because I know what Ben is capable of around PB

1 hour ago, GiveusaB said:

I think I read/heard someone say that they used the Glasgow meeting(away) to try a few things out (engines/set-ups etc...) ?

Not what he said on speedway tavern . 

Well I have to hope my Częstochowa blight doesn't affect the Brummies.  3 matches seen this year, 3 away wins.

2 minutes ago, ProudtobeaBrummie said:

Not what he said on speedway tavern . 

Every race we were trying something different and I used a new set-up every single race for example so we are always trying to improve

Just now, GiveusaB said:

Every race we were trying something different and I used a new set-up every single race for example so we are always trying to improve

Paco's comments on main Brummies site......

I knew I'd read it somewhere : )

I agree with your comment about lack of winning mentality....'it seems to be a very British thing these days'...(unless you play cricket :cheers:)

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, GiveusaB said:

Fair enough buddy .

I just listened again to the interview with him last night .

He asked the riders about doing a tactical sub and they said not to bother .who the heck is the manager ???

He then says he did not bother doing any tactical switches because it would make no difference.

He then says he gave our NL guest all 4 rides because the poor lad had come all the way from Ipswich and scored no points .

Now i ask anyone do you think this is the correct or acceptable way to manage a team ??  

If a manager just comes out after and says i got it wrong or i made the wrong call then fair enough . i can accept that . But if you dont admit to your mistakes you can never learn from them. Thinking your never wrong is not a successful trait .All successful sports people highlight their weaknesses and work on improving  them.

Edited by ProudtobeaBrummie
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, ProudtobeaBrummie said:

Fair enough buddy .

I just listened again to the interview with him last night .

He asked the riders about doing a tactical sub and they said not to bother .who the heck is the manager ???

He then says he did not bother doing any tactical switches because it would make no difference.

He then says he gave our NL guest all 4 rides because the poor lad had come all the way from Ipswich and scored no points .

Now i ask anyone do you think this is the correct or acceptable way to manage a team ??  

It's definitely 'not' an acceptable way to manage/lead a team....not a 'successful' one in any case!

I wished my manager here at work would ask me if I'd like to work a full day, or a half day : ))))))

• Haha 1

Raining in Wolverhampton, albeit not heavy. How's it looking over Perry Barr?

2 hours ago, Col said:

Raining in Wolverhampton, albeit not heavy. How's it looking over Perry Barr?

looking hard for Brum  . they need the lyons share of the remaining points to win !

13 minutes ago, jenga said:

looking hard for Brum  . they need the lyons share of the remaining points to win !

Thought he'd retired.