British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
racers and royals

Swindon v Wolverhampton Premiership Thursday July 18th

if swindon get a choice sid think they would always go for local derby and big gates so pirates it would be

10 minutes ago, poole keith said:

if swindon get a choice sid think they would always go for local derby and big gates so pirates it would be

Totally right Keith the extra revenue is a massive incentive but would it better to get two paydays (ie) reaching the final.?? My choice would be Poole over two legs not an easy tie but i am not convinced with Holder, Kurtz, Klindt, Grajczonek  especially when it comes to the nitty gritty heats 13/15.

Edited by Sidney the robin

3 hours ago, Sidney the robin said:

Maybe you could get us back on track to the speedway Baldy !!!! as we are all boring the ass off of you.A question Baldy i know you won't take thing's for granted but who would you pick for Ippo in the Playoffs?? if we get there IF i know who i would pick.

I would choose Poole or belle Vue,, but a lot depends on who finishes 4th which isn't clear cut yet.  

And why would you be boring me?? I was only helping get rid of your troll 

Edited by Baldyman

13 hours ago, EnglishRoundabout said:

Anyone remember the Thursday night disco in the Moonies? Dog rough, but it sold beer until the early hours.....

Never ventured north of the railway, it was the Dilly and the fine Old Town hostelries, The Stage, The Bell, The Beehive, The Plough, with Friday night discos at Swindon College, Christ Church, with the Brunel Rooms, The Affair, Vadims,  gigs at the Underground Suite, Wyvern, Town Hall etc.,

Edited by auntie doris

6 hours ago, Sidney the robin said:

Never went in there much ER it had a terrible reputation but we played pool there a few times and the people were great.Can remember thinking Christ this place has huge potential the function room for events was huge.

I think we both started off in there one night with Oliver ....think England were on the Tele in the bar in Bridgetown test match late 80's....then walked/chased up to Stratton 

2 hours ago, auntie doris said:

Never ventured north of the railway, it was the Dilly and the fine Old Town hostelries, The Stage, The Bell, The Beehive, The Plough, with Friday night discos at Swindon College, Christ Church, with the Brunel Rooms, The Affair, Vadims,  gigs at the Underground Suite, Wyvern, Town Hall etc.,

Beehive still like a second home to me 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, hagonshocker said:

I think we both started off in there one night with Oliver ....think England were on the Tele in the bar in Bridgetown test match late 80's....then walked/chased up to Stratton 

I do remember that mate  my favourite times were the Cross Keys and the Steam Railway and of course The Wheatsheaf when Wellie had it.

Edited by Sidney the robin

Swindon line up   Jason Doyle, Adam Ellis, Tobiasz Musielak, Ramus Jensen, Troy Batchelor, Ellis Perks, Claus Vissing

Wolves line up      Rory Schlein, Ryan Douglas, Jacob Thorssell, Nick Morris, Sam Masters, Kyle Howarth, Luke Becker

Tobi and Ramus riding against Jacob and Nick will be interesting. 

Both teams have 18 points from 12 meetings and at present are 4th and 5th in the League Table, so more than a six point win is essential.                 

Edited by A ORLOV
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, A ORLOV said:

Swindon line up   Jason Doyle, Adam Ellis, Tobiasz Musielak, Ramus Jensen, Troy Batchelor, Ellis Perks, Claus Vissing

Wolves line up      Rory Schlein, Ryan Douglas, Jacob Thorssell, Nick Morris, Sam Masters, Kyle Howarth, Luke Becker

Both teams have 18 points from 12 meetings and at present are 4th and 5th in the League Table, so more than a six point win is essential.                 

Dont worry it will be a 26pt win :(

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Wolfie456 said:

Dont worry it will be a 26pt win :(

I fear you are pretty correct.

From a Championship League perspective..... The Birmingham, Glasgow & Leicester Select could just scrape a win against The Edinburgh, Leicester, Sheffield & Somerset Select :rolleyes:

Looking forward to seeing a preview of 2020 when our 2 reserves for next season line up on opposite teams tomorrow.

5 hours ago, A ORLOV said:

Who's gonna make any tricky team manager decisions with Rosco away with Team GB?:rolleyes:;)

Edited by Skidder1

20 minutes ago, thecoombdog said:

Looking forward to seeing a preview of 2020 when our 2 reserves for next season line up on opposite teams tomorrow.

Only if the team gets its averages right at the end of this season

43 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Who's gonna make any tricky team manager decisions with Rosco away with Team GB?:rolleyes:;)

Lee Kilby - as you well know :rolleyes:

• Like 1