British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
racers and royals

Swindon v Wolverhampton Premiership Thursday July 18th

It’s one of those times when the opposition really needs to smell blood.  Losing Adam to RR and with Tobi only just coming back should signal a chance of an away win although our record at Blunsdon isn’t great.

You have to feel for the Robins who seem to have had no luck all season. However I expect Wolves now to be favourites to win tonight.

The Robins could be stronger with R/R. Can remember Wolves winning the Grand Final 1st. Leg in 2017, and then years ago when Woffy scored 7. Apart from that not much. Total contrast from the Monmore track. Morra should go well. Will go 50-40.Would have liked to have seen French Dave in.

Best wishes to Adam.

Edited by auntie doris

3 hours ago, foreverblue said:

I thought he was doing it so he could join Poole when Wolves sack him!

I'm not quite sure of your logic foreverblue.

He left Swindon because of the track, he's not going to jump out of the frying pan and straight in to a uncontrollable bush fire. ;)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, auntie doris said:

The Robins could be stronger with R/R. Can remember Wolves winning the Grand Final 1st. Leg in 2017, and then years ago when Woffy scored 7. Apart from that not much. Total contrast from the Monmore track. Morra should go well. Will go 50-40.Would have liked to have seen French Dave in.

Best wishes to Adam.

If Nick goes well it will be the first time this season. 

At least the new look track is more similar to Wolves than it used to be.

1 hour ago, theblueboy said:

I'm not quite sure of your logic foreverblue.

He left Swindon because of the track, he's not going to jump out of the frying pan and straight in to a uncontrollable bush fire. ;)

What was wrong with the track then, a little bumpy? He rode for us in the play off final, I am not sure it wasn't bumpy then!

3 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

What was wrong with the track then, a little bumpy? He rode for us in the play off final, I am not sure it wasn't bumpy then!

Not sure it was the track as his scores in Poland have also dropped.  Hopefully he can get back to the riding and scoring he is capable of but not tonight.   

5 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

My apologies, it must be a one off this season then. :wink:

8 hours ago, stevebrum said:

It’s one of those times when the opposition really needs to smell blood.  Losing Adam to RR and with Tobi only just coming back should signal a chance of an away win although our record at Blunsdon isn’t great.

You have to feel for the Robins who seem to have had no luck all season. However I expect Wolves now to be favourites to win tonight.

You are joking , aren't you ?

Radio coverage here. Not great. Lots of periods of silence or just background noise, but keeps you up to date.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/live/motorsport/48958914?fbclid=IwAR3hqs-9nLFYoEViD3AXBtYAhobq4gMSeg6luZa8qKXHPRWTun7ootsR26c

I think the commentator just went to the toilet. He's back now.

The management need to start fining riders who get excluded for moving at the start twice. Can barely remember a meeting at home where we haven’t had a rider excluded for moving at the tapes or touching them.

the most brain dead way of gifting the oppo points and getting them back in the meeting.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, stevebrum said:

The only blood the opposition smelled was their own nose bleeds :wink:

• Haha 1