British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
racers and royals

Swindon v Wolverhampton Premiership Thursday July 18th

1 hour ago, Lefty said:

Good show from Batch in Ht 15. On way back to Wolves now... Golden Heart at Nettleton Bottom closed for the night. Suffering the Air Baloon. Not a good night to be A Wolves fan.  Hope M5 is cone free. 

Not too bad a journey back. Sadly "Buster C" Track Repairs active near M42 when four lanes reduced to one inside line only!

Thumbs up to Swindon presenters tonight. Excellent banter and quality interviewing and comments. Great last heat from Batchelor...... just like the old days.... send the fans home Happy :t: well the Home Fans at least!!!!

7 hours ago, Lefty said:

Not too bad a journey back. Sadly "Buster C" Track Repairs active near M42 when four lanes reduced to one inside line only!

Thumbs up to Swindon presenters tonight. Excellent banter and quality interviewing and comments. Great last heat from Batchelor...... just like the old days.... send the fans home Happy :t: well the Home Fans at least!!!!

you're right there lefty, or is that left... I'm confused :D

On a track that produced close racing but was difficult to pass on, heat 15 blew that comment out of the water.

We did indeed go home happy after Batch's efforts in 15.

Again it was a  reasonable meeting and that surprisingly has becoming a regular occurrence which is great.I thought it was a nice solid home performance with everyone chipping in with points.Chuffed with Tobi i was surprised how sharp he looked Batch/ Doyley/ Rasser were all terrific and were great value.Another plus for me is how good Ellis / Batch look as a pairing they seem to have a great understanding.Wolves i have to say were disappointing the two bright spots were Becker and Douglas both look like they can have a bright future in this league.

26 minutes ago, Sidney the robin said:

Again it was a  reasonable meeting and that surprisingly has becoming a regular occurrence which is great.I thought it was a nice solid home performance with everyone chipping in with points.Chuffed with Tobi i was surprised how sharp he looked Batch/ Doyley/ Rasser were all terrific and were great value.Another plus for me is how good Ellis / Batch look as a pairing they seem to have a great understanding.Wolves i have to say were disappointing the two bright spots were Becker and Douglas both look like they can have a bright future in this league.

Thought it was a bit dry and slick last night Sid. Made passing tough. Probably as a result of the over watering last week which caused the delay!

Becker was very impressive I thought. Rarely seen a newcomer look as good as that so quickly.

17 minutes ago, thecoombdog said:

Thought it was a bit dry and slick last night Sid. Made passing tough. Probably as a result of the over watering last week which caused the delay!

Becker was very impressive I thought. Rarely seen a newcomer look as good as that so quickly.

I thought the racing Dog  was frustrating at times close racing but some of the riders could not quite get in a blow and pass.Yes Becker looked impressive reminded me of Hancock/ Correy the best newcomer i ever saw at the Abbey was Toni Kasper.

2 hours ago, Sidney the robin said:

I thought the racing Dog  was frustrating at times close racing but some of the riders could not quite get in a blow and pass.Yes Becker looked impressive reminded me of Hancock/ Correy the best newcomer i ever saw at the Abbey was Toni Kasper.

Roman Jankowski with a 21 point maximum from reserve for Hackney was impressive or Dennis Sigalos getting an 18 point maximum from reserve for Hull take some beating on debuts at The Abbey in the 80’s.

Edited by Crazy robin
Spellcheck

I can’t fathom from afar what has happened to Nick and Jacob, only last season they started as number ones for their respective clubs.

Nick I saw from his time at Lakeside and although he wasn’t as strong as I thought he would be was still miles better than his form suggests in 2019.

37 minutes ago, Crazy robin said:

Roman Jankowski with a 21 point maximum from reset for Hackney was impressive or Dennis Sigalos getting an 18 point maximum from reserve for Hull take some beating on debuts at The Abbey in the 80’s.

I thought Siggy got a 15 max and never met Kilb? remember Joe Owen broke down en- route.

43 minutes ago, Crazy robin said:

Roman Jankowski with a 21 point maximum from reset for Hackney was impressive or Dennis Sigalos getting an 18 point maximum from reserve for Hull take some beating on debuts at The Abbey in the 80’s.

Must not forget Einar Kylingstad Crazy !!!! 15.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Crazy robin said:

Didn’t even Klindt do well on his first visit to the Abbey, about 14 points?

Not as good as Pavlic’s 21 point maximum at Lakeside though.

1 hour ago, Sidney the robin said:

I thought Siggy got a 15 max and never met Kilb? remember Joe Owen broke down en- route.

I remember that a Swindon rider also got a maximum the same night as Sigalos did but not sure if it was Bob or Phil Crump?

18 minutes ago, DC2 said:

Didn’t even Klindt do well on his first visit to the Abbey, about 14 points?

Not as good as Pavlic’s 21 point maximum at Lakeside though.

Agreed, not often that someone 17+1 paid Max (Adams) can be outscored! 38 between both of them that night, still only got 49 aswell.

Got the Pavlic max on dvd somewhere, must dig it out, as for Klindt going well now but was awful for us.

I think Becker has a bright future in speedway to, but while he scored a few last night for Wolves, looking at speedway updates, he only beat Vissing and Perks from the Swindon. No doubt he will be even better next year.

9 minutes ago, LesR said:

I think Becker has a bright future in speedway to, but while he scored a few last night for Wolves, looking at speedway updates, he only beat Vissing and Perks from the Swindon. No doubt he will be even better next year.

Would have still had him at Swindon