British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
racers and royals

Swindon v Wolverhampton Premiership Thursday July 18th

Comfortable win as expected, well done Doyley.

2 hours ago, Beowulf said:

You are joking , aren't you ?

With rr and rider just back from injury we should have been. But as this is Wolves I take your point.

29 minutes ago, Steve0 said:

The only blood the opposition smelled was their own nose bleeds :wink:

Wolves just not good enough this year, pure and simple. Well done to the Robins for the win. Now to chase for that top 4 spot.

My last time talking the Wolves up this season. It’s clear there is not the chemistry or desire to fight for glory this season. Swindon or Lynn for the 4th spot whilst we fight it out with the Panthers for the basement.

1 minute ago, stevebrum said:

With rr and rider just back from injury we should have been. But as this is Wolves I take your point.

Wolves just not good enough this year, pure and simple. Well done to the Robins for the win. Now to chase for that top 4 spot.

My last time talking the Wolves up this season. It’s clear there is not the chemistry or desire to fight for glory this season. Swindon or Lynn for the 4th spot whilst we fight it out with the Panthers for the basement.

I feared the Thorsell, Morris partnership tonight. What a waste of worrying that was!

• Like 1

Good show from Batch in Ht 15. On way back to Wolves now... Golden Heart at Nettleton Bottom closed for the night. Suffering the Air Baloon. Not a good night to be A Wolves fan.  Hope M5 is cone free. 

When's the End Of Season Disco???

3 minutes ago, thecoombdog said:

I feared the Thorsell, Morris partnership tonight. What a waste of worrying that was!

On paper should be dreaded. But I think they have mice on their race fronts not Wolves.

Time is up for Morris. Time to let him go. Time to try someone new.

2 minutes ago, stevebrum said:

On paper should be dreaded. But I think they have mice on their race fronts not Wolves.

No it would be handy if you kept him until the end of the season so we can use him at reserve next year!

Just now, thecoombdog said:

No it would be handy if you kept him until the end of the season so we can use him at reserve next year!

Or next month......

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, thecoombdog said:

Exactly. The Wolves promotion will probably be that stupid too as well.

So over this on paper power packed side now. 

1 minute ago, stevebrum said:

Exactly. The Wolves promotion will probably be that stupid too as well.

So over this on paper power packed side now. 

I have felt the same frustrations with Swindon all year. We are on a good run at home but away form has been awful and with our top 5 we should be getting more. Still be between us 2 for last place in the play offs. People going on like KL signing Porsing is some sort of miracle signing. Just remember him being poo and massively overrated. Swindon or Wolves for the last place. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, stevebrum said:

Time up for Jacob .

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, orion said:

Time up for Jacob .

You mean a rider who is a Wolves asset and has top scored twice this season? 

Nick scored 6 in his first Wolves match and 5 or less since. His Wolves average is 3.76. 

Enough said. 

And enough time given. 

10 minutes ago, thecoombdog said:

I have felt the same frustrations with Swindon all year. We are on a good run at home but away form has been awful and with our top 5 we should be getting more. Still be between us 2 for last place in the play offs. People going on like KL signing Porsing is some sort of miracle signing. Just remember him being poo and massively overrated. Swindon or Wolves for the last place. 

Swindon have had dreadful luck with injuries at crucial times tho and are still in contention. We stood by 2 riders who started with injuries and they have come back and have failed to delivered what has been expected, ditto 4 others.

Luke is the only light so far this year.

Asset and a rider who has top scored twice wow , Morris should be chopped no doubt about that but Jacob is shot and just  gave up  tonight  .. he's been hopeless this year 

will the wolves promotion follow others and put the club up for sale at the end of the season,this team would make most promoters say boll-cks to it all ?????

47 minutes ago, stevebrum said:

You mean a rider who is a Wolves asset and has top scored twice this season? 

Nick scored 6 in his first Wolves match and 5 or less since. His Wolves average is 3.76. 

Enough said. 

And enough time given. 

Swindon have had dreadful luck with injuries at crucial times tho and are still in contention. We stood by 2 riders who started with injuries and they have come back and have failed to delivered what has been expected, ditto 4 others.

Luke is the only light so far this year.

Yes Luke and Douglas look to be only bright lights and riders that are worth keeping for next season.

• Like 1