British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Poole v Ipswich. Prem. 18th July 2019

1 hour ago, stevebrum said:

He could just be away and have better things to do?  I doubt he has left the forum just because Ippo got beat by Poole!

Well he was on before the meeting, saying Poole had no chance and a week earlier saying he couldn't wait for Ippo to 'smash' us. And zero since, he prob is too embarrassed. 

Whatever the real reason for Gav's absence, he'll come back with 'I have a family and wanted to spend more time with them cos speedway's not that important'!!:rofl:

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

If only all within and every aspect of speedway was presented and run in a similar manner

If the sport has any hopes of a return to a higher standing in the eye of the public and media then this approach (IMO) is the minimum starting point

I am fully expecting the 'but it doesnt earn you any extra points' mantra and that perhaps is true - although maybe it is that pride effort and ethos that has enabled a team labelled as also rans to be fightlng for top spot

Whilst that mantra continues the sport will be plagued by short term self interest and be held back

Spot on.

If every club (no exceptions) had a professional website & social media approach, matching team suits and bike covers and a properly prepared track it wouldn’t cure every problem but the sport would come across one hundred times better than it currently does. 

As you say the bar representing the acceptable bare minimum needs to be raised way, way higher than it is now. 

• Like 3

They moan when he posts and they moan when he doesn’t.  Unbelievable :rolleyes:

• Like 5
  • Haha 3

People i general just like to moan..whatever the subject, we Brits are a moaning nation...

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Icicle said:

People i general just like to moan..whatever the subject, we Brits are a moaning nation...

As well as moaning we like to queue,,,, Normally moaning about the queues we are in

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Icicle said:

Well it passes the time..

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Steve0 said:

They moan when he posts and they moan when he doesn’t.  Unbelievable :rolleyes:

Hope he is back soon boring without him :o:o

6 minutes ago, scottyfan said:

Good return to Somerset by Covatti (3,R,3,3 = 9):t:

ricky wells 4 from 4 for leicester

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, ray c said:

ricky wells 4 from 4 for leicester

Yes would expect more from Ricky obviously left his gating boots at home. NBJ only got 5 tonight i think, shame about NBJ thought there was a lot more to come from him  but there is little doubt at the moment Wells is a better alternative. Very good news Nico is in the points tonight.

Edited by foreverblue