British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Poole v Ipswich. Prem. 18th July 2019

11 hours ago, Blupanther said:

Image result for wheres gavan

Ah that explains a lot, I never did find him in the game either.

• Haha 2

Two slight things I'd change that doesn't pull up many trees

Team kevlars for all teams in the top division at least, also would change rules for away teams

Highest average rider must ride at 1. But 6 and 7 can be any 2 riders from the 3 lowest average riders in your team

Gives away managers more to think about, for example maybe witches could drop heeps back to 6 and push Kennet into 4 or put Allen at 2 with heeps moving back to 7

Think this rule base would generate some better meetings potentially more away wins 

59 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Well it is certainly a big improvement on his last performance at Foxhall. 

Everyone is entitled to the odd off night they all have them. He’s generally been very good all season and pretty consistent. 

Much better than I was expecting in all honesty. 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

Everyone is entitled to the odd off night they all have them. He’s generally been very good all season and pretty consistent. 

Much better than I was expecting in all honesty. 

More than happy for him to have another off night!

• Haha 2

The Witches are more than capable of winning this one. Not saying they will but it wouldnt be a huge shock despite the defeat in the reverse fixture

The 2 line ups are built in a similar fashion with all 14 riders *I know there is rr* capable of winning any given heat

Should be a close an exciting meeting whatever the result

Just now, foreverblue said:

More than happy for him to have another off night!

I dont mind either so long as Jack and Nicolai do as well ;)

Rained overnight and early morning in Poole but no more forecasted today!!

Middlo flying back from Majorca today so will be extra interesting in the pits  tonight.

For home fans its always good to see Lawson in the pits - especially if he has his missus with him!!:party:

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Falcon1983 said:

Two slight things I'd change that doesn't pull up many trees

Team kevlars for all teams in the top division at least, also would change rules for away teams

Highest average rider must ride at 1. But 6 and 7 can be any 2 riders from the 3 lowest average riders in your team

Gives away managers more to think about, for example maybe witches could drop heeps back to 6 and push Kennet into 4 or put Allen at 2 with heeps moving back to 7

Think this rule base would generate some better meetings potentially more away wins 

Promoters don’t like away wins- or to be more exact home defeats !!

16 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

Well he was on before the meeting, saying Poole had no chance and a week earlier saying he couldn't wait for Ippo to 'smash' us. And zero since, he prob is too embarrassed. 

Perhaps he has done a Shovlar and disappeared off the planet for a while when his team loses!

It happens. :D

• Haha 2

16 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

I was just joking hence the smilies. But it does sound a bit similar, well it must do if Keith guessed right! :D

Sounding like 'him' certainly wasn't intentional :t:  And I have no stats to roll out to try to prove my point like 'he' would do :rofl:

I still fancy our chances tonight and the recent change with Wells definitely makes us stronger in the reserve dept.  Barker is a donkey though!!!

Edited by chris4gillian

35 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Rained overnight and early morning in Poole but no more forecasted today!!

Middlo flying back from Majorca today so will be extra interesting in the pits  tonight.

For home fans its always good to see Lawson in the pits - especially if he has his missus with him!!:party:

Is she 'fit' then? :P

• Like 1

Real shame we can’t have bomber there tonight he’s bang in form right now and while nicholls can go well at Poole he’s bang out of form!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, 89buttons said:

Real shame we can’t have bomber there tonight he’s bang in form right now and while nicholls can go well at Poole he’s bang out of form!

Nicholls got paid 10 last night.