British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Poole v Ipswich. Prem. 18th July 2019

Hopefully the track will be in better condition than last time as falls cost us the win.

19 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Scoreline flattered Ipswich. We were comfortably leading most of the meeting. Also we don't get to get too over confident like you guys did last week! 

You were there then?  Yes, you were the better team but you only beat us by 6, a good win but not a thrashing in my book.

26 minutes ago, Badge said:

Don't think you will tbh, all your guys have hit form at right time, and we most definitely will miss bomber,  especially if Danny has another off form night, like last time they visited wr,  and Monday at wolves 

Usually Danny King is ok at Poole, I think it will be close , fancy Ipswich to get a point hopefully not any more!

30 minutes ago, ray c said:

Still got to have three rides unless injured of course 

Yes and hopefully he can get more points than Kyle did.

54 minutes ago, Bash said:

Making up excuses already in case you lose, you should be full of confidence after beating us away last week. I don't call 6 points a thrashing. Hopefully we will take a point out of this meeting and anything extra is a bonus.

i think that's an honest opinion from steve using r/r for our no1 makes it hard work two evenly match sides on show tonight strength in depth is the key word 

7 minutes ago, Bash said:

You were there then?  Yes, you were the better team but you only beat us by 6, a good win but not a thrashing in my book.

I was there and I tend to agree with Lisa the score flattered you, Klindt broke down having passed Danny King down the back straight for example .

You used RR at Ipswich for your no 1 and won, and Steve in his opinion doesn't rate our team anyway.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bash said:

You used RR at Ipswich for your no 1 and won, and Steve in his opinion doesn't rate our team anyway.

Yes we did but Lawson was awful on the night, to get taken by Holder having been held up by Doolan was pretty poor I thought. I rate your team very strong all the way through, if Jake Allen came back to the form he is in prior to injury you have a major chance at the title.

7 minutes ago, Bash said:

They got 10 points from 4 rides at Ippo for Brady, and I expect around the same tonight. I'll go 50-40 to the Pirates... Wider if Barker has to pull out of the meeting for some reason, and Poole have to use IRR.

15 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

I was there and I tend to agree with Lisa the score flattered you, Klindt broke down having passed Danny King down the back straight for example .

So when Ipswich lost by 2 at WR in the supporters cup do you think the score flattered Poole as Ipswich had 3 crashes and Bomber broke down on the last bend while leading. Just asking.

I'm glad you rate our team because some supporters still don't and the league table doesn't lie.

Edited by Bash

14 minutes ago, Bash said:

So when Ipswich lost by 2 at WR in the supporters cup do you think the score flattered Poole as Ipswich had 3 crashes and Bomber broke down on the last bend while leading. Just asking.

I'm glad you rate our team because some supporters still don't and the league table doesn't lie.

I wasn't talking about the supporters cup meeting. I agree though that was probably a lucky escape Poole riders had crashes too but  who cares about that competition.

Edited by foreverblue

I know you wasn't taking about that meeting I was just asking your opinion after your reply to saying the score flattered Ipswich at Foxhall.

I look at it this way. Poole are clearly weaker with Brady missing and usin Barker. Ipswich are basically full strength. Nicholls for Harris is about the same.

So whatever the score tonight, Poole have quite a bit of strength to attain. Ipswich haven’t. Both teams are in the playoffs. Tonight doesn’t really matter. When they meet in the playoffs it will.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

I look at it this way. Poole are clearly weaker with Brady missing and usin Barker. Ipswich are basically full strength. Nicholls for Harris is about the same.

So whatever the score tonight, Poole have quite a bit of strength to attain. Ipswich haven’t. Both teams are in the playoffs. Tonight doesn’t really matter. When they meet in the playoffs it will.

You had Brady missing at Ippo, and won..

You had Newman, who scored 0. Barker can't do worse...

You had Doolan, who did his job, scoring 5 from 5 rides. But you  have Covatti  back tonight. Better than Doolan at Poole.

You don't look any weaker than you did at Ippo to me. My bet is Poole win -4 tonight... Now watch it bomb out ;)

30 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

I think it matters a lot because we need to finish top so we have choice.