British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Poole v Ipswich. Prem. 18th July 2019

17 minutes ago, JamesB said:

The top three are looking very closely matched, so if they stay injury free the play offs could be good.

I don’t think they are.  Ipswich still looking like the team to beat - in the playoffs!

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Not against your HL's at reserve! ;) I will judge next home meeting. Let's discuss Heep's performance then? Or Lawson's!!!! 

Yes cos riding Poole is exactly like riding at Ipswich

13 minutes ago, semion said:

Loves u 2.

Have to admit Harris at Poole has to be worth more than 4?

And Brady Kurtz far more than 3. A full strength Pirates would have won tonight comfortably against a full strength Ipswich team, in my opinion.

4 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

And Brady Kurtz far more than 3. A full strength Pirates would have won tonight comfortably against a full strength Ipswich team, in my opinion.

Even as it was it was a 6 point thrashing eh Steve :)

15 minutes ago, Bash said:

Yes cos riding Poole is exactly like riding at Ipswich

Actually Lawson has scored 14 at Poole before, so he has no excuses!! :lol:

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Exactly, if everyone's opinion was the same, what a boring forum it would be.

2 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Actually Lawson has scored 14 at Poole before, so he has no excuses!! :lol:

I’m sure you and shovlar can come up with a few for him tho

Well, Poole turn up two weeks running looking weak and depleted and again see of an Ipswich team which should have been all out for a quick revenge. But again they were found wanting. I have to ask a simple question. Can we race against you every week? If we do finish top I Hope Middlo picks Ipswich in the semis. We have been sitting ducks but our weak lineup still saw them off.

Track tonight was very smooth but imo a little too slick and dry. The first half of the meeting was pretty much a race from the tapes. But in the last third of the meeting it sprang into life with some great battles. Barker throwing himself all over the place in heat 13 to hold off KP for three laps and beat Nicholls was a surprise, and earlier in heat 10 beating King.

For Poole:

Brady Kurtz rides mustered a ridiculous 3 points. He just failed a concussion test and still has to sit it out. 

Barker battled and got 5 points. Decent effort to be honest. August brings new averages and a chance for a replacement. I don’t know who the management are after.

Paid 12 from Klindt. Good efforts all night with his usual expected duffer thrown in.

10 from Josh but should have been paid 12 but for an EF when safely clear of Allen on the last lap.

Jack takes heat one but nearly always runs a last. Time for Middlo to try another rider. Paid 12 a good score. Some good team riding.

Nico got paid 12, and did some good team riding with Jack.

Ricky W found the going tough against two good reserves.

For Ipswich:

Nicholls battled hard all night but found it tough.

Heeps gated in heat one but then vanished from the meeting. Had 4 rides. What was the Ipswich manager thinking?

King has his best meeting at Poole in years. 13 deserved points.

Lawson was as bad as Heeps. Nowhere to be seen tonight.

Pieszczek battled for his paid 7. But I expected more.

Eddie K, as expected, was the back up to King and rode as he does at Wimborne Road. Paid 10 and deserved all his points.

Allen again showed his liking for our track with two heat wins. Why did he only get 4 rides? Ask your manager!

So Pirates, with a beaten up team, now go clear at the top of the league. No meetings for us until three home meetings on the bounce and Peterborough two weeks tonight. With any luck Brady will have been give the all clear by then.

So come on Hawkins fans,,, what's going on with not giving reserves extra rides when it's looking obvious they should be getting them. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

So come on Hawkins fans,,, what's going on with not giving reserves extra rides when it's looking obvious they should be getting them. 

there was only 2 races you could have given the reserves extra rides all riders got to have 3 rides 

Heeps should have been replaced in one and perhaps Nicholls in 13.

16 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

He hasn’t done it all season so why is he going to change now. Like I’ve said before he hasn’t got a clue.

tho pulling riders out isnt always correct,barker pulled out of ht8, a race he surely would have won 

15 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Heeps should have been replaced in one and perhaps Nicholls in 13.

EF while leading heat 8 for Cam so he couldve had 2 wins in his first 3 heats. Not a situation that would normally see a rider removed from ride 4 surely

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Bash said:

He hasn’t done it all season so why is he going to change now. Like I’ve said before he hasn’t got a clue.

A bit harsh Bash. He did it at Wolves which resulted in 2 last places for the reserve coming in....

There can be a lot of factors in the decision others than points scored. Rotchie certainly hasnt got everything right but I dont think he is clueless and he most definately has the faith of the 7 he oversees

• Like 1