British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Poole v Ipswich. Prem. 18th July 2019

32 minutes ago, BobC said:

Maths not your strong point?

Max points Poole could have scored was 7pts. We only got 3 at Ipswich! So the score is Poole 6pts from 7, Ipswich 1pts from 7.

Think my maths is ok but, perhaps my understanding of speedway rules is a little lacking. I mistakenly thought we had scored 4 at Ipswich. My humble apologies..

A good meeting to watch between 2 sides with good credentials this season. Some great racing, no falls and each side having one engine malfunction retirement - Josh and Heeps - so honours pretty much even except for the points.  I just wish both teams had a full 1-7.

What I don't understand is Hawkins now blaming referee decisions as the reason Ippo didn't get more than one away point?!

The meeting ran smoothly, the ref only had to make a couple of decisions - once for King getting a huge roller and once for Pieszczek hitting the tapes. Very strange comments.

I note Mr Louis is keeping quiet after his 'one loss doesn't make a season' comments last week.  What is it now 3 losses on the bounce?!

Good to hear that Richie Worrall has had the cast off and the clips taken out of his ankle. The surgeon reckoned 6 weeks after the op, so Richie is targetting the British Final on 29th as a possible return!!  He is currently getting some salt water rehab down in Portugal I believe.

Edited by Skidder1
  • Like 1

Well lets hope richie dont come back to early like his brother did last season

48 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

I note Mr Louis is keeping quiet after his 'one loss doesn't make a season' comments last week.  What is it now 3 losses on the bounce?!

Perhaps because we didnt lose at Wolves.....:P

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Fair comment, just the 2 in eight days then.

4 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Just goes to show if one is going to be a poo stirrer it pays to check your facts first :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

But didn’t win either. ;)

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ray c said:

Well lets hope richie dont come back to early like his brother did last season

I don't think he will, seems a sensible lad to me. we do need him desperately though but don't want him back not fully fit, major plus last night was Covatti didn't look like he had come back too soon!

1 hour ago, Skidder1 said:

A good meeting to watch between 2 sides with good credentials this season. Some great racing, no falls and each side having one engine malfunction retirement - Josh and Heeps - so honours pretty much even except for the points.  I just wish both teams had a full 1-7.

What I don't understand is Hawkins now blaming referee decisions as the reason Ippo didn't get more than one away point?!

The meeting ran smoothly, the ref only had to make a couple of decisions - once for King getting a huge roller and once for Pieszczek hitting the tapes. Very strange comments.

Good to hear that Richie Worrall has had the cast off and the clips taken out of his ankle. The surgeon reckoned 6 weeks after the op, so Richie is targetting the British Final on 29th as a possible return!!  He is currently getting some salt water rehab down in Portugal I believe.

Looks like we will have to cope with r/r until Richie comes back but we have coped very well up to now. I like Richie and if he comes back riding like we know he can we will be fine.

I was a bit surprised we didn't keep NBJ and get Wells as a temporary replacement for Richie though. if we had done that it would have kept our options open.

Edited by foreverblue

1 minute ago, foreverblue said:

I don't think he will, seems a sensible lad to me. we do need him desperately though but don't want him back not fully fit, major plus last night was Covatti didn't look like he had come back too soon!

you got to admit ben barker was value for money in heat 10 and 13 . shame he could not hang to second spot in heat 13

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ray c said:

you got to admit ben barker was value for money in heat 10 and 13 . shame he could not hang to second spot in heat 13

He was better than expected, I doubt he rode like that for Peterborough or they wouldn't have sacked him. We can't get him to replace Richie, his average is too high, he only guested because of the 5% rule.

Edited by foreverblue

2 hours ago, tellboy said:

Nothing is ever won in July as you often bang on about:D

Still nice to be top even with a weakened team. Plus the chance to pick our opponent.

Like the way emphasis on "weakened" team , as if none of the other teams may be carrying injured riders....

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Icicle said:

Like the way emphasis on "weakened" team , as if none of the other teams may be carrying injured riders....

It's a case of the same old sh*t just a different day with what Shovlar comes out with.

3 minutes ago, tellboy said:

It's a case of the same old sh*t just a different day with what Shovlar comes out with.

Aren't we weakened then?