British Speedway Forum
BWitcher

Football 2019/20

Couldn’t happen to two better teams :cheers:

I don't see what else can happen tbh, now we've reached this stage there's no chance of resuming before July/August time. At that point it's easier to just wipe out this season rather than play around with the schedule for years.

No doubt a final decision will end up in the courts 

Saw an idea on Twitter.

Let the respective managers duke out the remaining games on Playstation.

21 hours ago, BWitcher said:

I have no need Pinny.. I'm sure you're doing very well and good on you for it. I have respect for you uprooting and moving to Australia as well, many wouldn't have the bottle.

I'm happily not going to work each day and enjoying life and earning more than enough from trading and matched betting. 

We've had a debate of sorts, I've tried to explain the relevance, you're not interested.. that's your prerogative.

Our double or nothing bet is finely poised at the moment...

When the research team that I was affiliated to whilst at Oxford University moved their entire programme to Sydney soon after I had re-located to York no doubt I would have been consulted as regards to whether I would have wished to have moved with them. With hand on heart I can honestly say that I would have turned the offer down as all my interests, family and friends are here in the UK and the desire to re-locate 'Down Under' would have held no appeal to me personally.

On 3/12/2020 at 10:08 AM, BWitcher said:

Your actual comment supports everything I've been saying about xG.

It's a tool that helps identify which teams are more likely to continue to win matches over others.

A team could win three games in a row 1-0 but their xG could have been 0.5 to 2.00 of the opposition each time.

Another could lose three in a row with an xG of 2 against the opposition's 0.5.

Your average person, like Pinny, would think the first team is most likely to win.. someone who knew the xG would know different. Of course other factors come into play including who the opposition was etc.

From a managers point of view, they'd be analysing why and where they were giving up those chances and working on ways of cutting them out as sooner or later they'll start to get converted.

Why do you think the team who wins will always have a superior xG? 

Finally getting it. xG's doesn't win leagues or relegation but only who's "more likely". I stick to points scored  and that's not "more likely" its fact.

I expect you will give your usual putting down and character assassination, so don't let me down now. :D

Edited by Tsunami
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Tsunami said:

Finally getting it. xG's doesn't win leagues or relegation but only who's "more likely". I stick to points scored  and that's not "more likely" its fact.

I expect you will give your usual putting down and character assassination, so don't let me down now. :D

Nobody ever said that.. it was a figment of your imagination.

You claimed it was irrelevant, that is completely false. 

You've shown again you don't even know what it is or how it is used.

Edited by BWitcher
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Sidney the robin said:

We should all agree that Witcher is always RIGHT and that is a fact.

Except of course when he’s wrong and won’t admit it!  :)

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, DC2 said:

Except of course when he’s wrong and won’t admit it!  :)

You and i don't always agree on Speedway issues but you odviously have real knowledge and i really respect your opinion and it is as valid as anybody.That is what a forum is supposed to be about opinions, going back to Swindon DC2 do you think the Wednesday press day will it be cancelled.??Also thinking about the team my heart really wants young Anders Rowe to hold his own what should be expected of him?? two or three points a meeting maybe.?For me on his travels it is going to be a long season for him but at home he should be aiming to beat the likes of T.Kurtz , Morris, Ostegarrd, Kemp. ( etc) fingers crossed for the young un.I would love him to follow in the footsteps of Kilb,Crash, Wellie, Rosco, Martin H ( bless him) the Smart's and the Chessell's (etc).

Edited by Sidney the robin

2 hours ago, Sidney the robin said:

You and i don't always agree on Speedway issues but you odviously have real knowledge and i really respect your opinion and it is as valid as anybody.That is what a forum is supposed to be about opinions, going back to Swindon DC2 do you think the Wednesday press day will it be cancelled.??Also thinking about the team my heart really wants young Anders Rowe to hold his own what should be expected of him?? two or three points a meeting maybe.?For me on his travels it is going to be a long season for him but at home he should be aiming to beat the likes of T.Kurtz , Morris, Ostegarrd, Kemp. ( etc) fingers crossed for the young un.I would love him to follow in the footsteps of Kilb,Crash, Wellie, Rosco, Martin H ( bless him) the Smart's and the Chessell's (etc).

I doubt that we’ll have any speedway before June.

We might be able to bring in James Wright if Anders does not beat his 3 point average.

3 hours ago, DC2 said:

I doubt that we’ll have any speedway before June.

We might be able to bring in James Wright if Anders does not beat his 3 point average.

I think James will do very well to average six in the Champs after his layoff so i can't see him being an improvement and i am a big fan of James.Anders i think the promotion will be very patient with him and will expect him to average between 2.50/3.00.The thing with Anders is if he can learn quickly improve as the season goes on just like last season at Somerset he could be ok he might just shock a few people.

Article on the BBC at the weekend about what clubs/players were doing instead of the football, top rated comment..

21. Posted by shanelfc

on 14 Mar 2020 19:30

Without football I've actually had to talk to my wife, turns out she's been made redundant from woolworths...

:D

Cesc Fabregas locked down in Spain..

1-0 to the Italians methinks.. 

Respect to Gary...

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

16 hours ago, Blupanther said:

Respect to Gary...

I respect all who help in these times..

But far more those who just get on and do it rather than court the attention.. and as such the financial benefits down the road.

• Sad 1