British Speedway Forum
BWitcher

Football 2019/20

8 hours ago, BWitcher said:

I respect all who help in these times..

But far more those who just get on and do it rather than court the attention.. and as such the financial benefits down the road.

Cynic. I'm not really a liker of Gary, but on his actions here I fully applaud his actions, as it shows a different side to him. What's wrong with telling people that he is doing his bit in the serious days we are in. Good on ya Gary. Wonder what you would say if it was a Wolves player. :D

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

Cynic. I'm not really a liker of Gary, but on his actions here I fully applaud his actions, as it shows a different side to him. What's wrong with telling people that he is doing his bit in the serious days we are in. Good on ya Gary. Wonder what you would say if it was a Wolves player. :D

He’d say it’s to be Xpected.  :)

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Tsunami said:

Always say the same in these cases to be honest, regardless of who.

Good deeds get reported on.

Perhaps a bit harsh on him.

• Like 1

Should this topic be re-titled.... Football 2019/20/21? :rolleyes:

On 7/13/2017 at 2:14 PM, The Cheese said:

Terrible news that Ajax's Abdelhak Nouri suffered serious and permanent brain damage after collapsing in a friendly on Saturday with heart problems. Chances of recovery are said to be nil :sad:

https://www.telegraaf.nl/sport/2102060654/emotionele-broer-vertelt-over-toestand-nouri-vaak-is-er-een-glimlach

Some good news in that his brother reports he's able to briefly communicate at times by moving his eyebrows. Hopefully he can improve further

• Like 3

2 hours ago, DC2 said:

BBC Scotland to show some classic football matches.

Should take up all of half an hour of the schedule  :D

Had the famous result game on this afternoon, when the TOON beat ManU 5-0. Still drool over the 5th and best goal from Philipe Albert with his audacious chip. :approve:

• Like 2

True. It was a great goal. 

14 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

Had the famous result game on this afternoon, when the TOON beat ManU 5-0. Still drool over the 5th and best goal from Philipe Albert with his audacious chip. :approve:

Those were the days, sadly many many days ago.

• Like 1

Bournemouth boss Eddie Howe first Premier League figure to take pay cut. Tottenham  Newcastle, Norwich, pursuing up to £2500 per month of public money for non-playing staff. No cuts for overpaid players yet. Barcelona players have taken 70% pay cut to help non-playing staff, with Juventus and many German clubs taking similar measures. The PFA and some agents have been advising players to resist wage deferrals.Greedy gits.

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, auntie doris said:

Bournemouth boss Eddie Howe first Premier League figure to take pay cut. Tottenham  Newcastle, Norwich, pursuing up to £2500 per month of public money for non-playing staff. No cuts for overpaid players yet. Barcelona players have taken 70% pay cut to help non-playing staff, with Juventus and many German clubs taking similar measures. The PFA and some agents have been advising players to resist wage deferrals.Greedy gits.

I don't see why the owners can't keep paying the non-playing staff tbh. They're all worth millions if not billions, they can still afford it..

Footballers are an easy target, if the players agree to take a cut but all that does is save the owner more £££ then there's not much point, for all we know they might already be donating some of their wages to help out the NHS, charities, local communities, non-league clubs etc. It's better that instead of rushing into saying we'll cut wages by x% that they come up with a plan on what they're actually going to do with that money. 

• Like 1

The big clubs aren't coming out of this too well are they. To be taking public money for non-playing staff whilst still paying players six figure sums a week isn't great PR. As for Levy and his £3 million bonus for delivering the new stadium. What would he have got it if it had opened on time?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, salty said:

The big clubs aren't coming out of this too well are they. To be taking public money for non-playing staff whilst still paying players six figure sums a week isn't great PR. As for Levy and his £3 million bonus for delivering the new stadium. What would he have got it if it had opened on time?

To be fair it's only 4 clubs who've made that decision. Included in that are Norwich and their players/coaches have already given £200k from their salaries to help local people. Other clubs have said they will continue to pay all their staff.

Nobody knows for sure how much players are doing to help already. David De Gea gave £270k to a hospital in Spain anonymously which only got revealed because an official thanked him on Twitter, I doubt he's the only one to have done so.

Got his autograph as a young lad at Portman Road ...